Interesting morning so far. Power cut...
    Those can be fun, especially when you get fed up with electronics.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-13-2017 10:43 AM
    Sounds very peaceful. I don't know about pubs but it does sound nice.
    It was, I really enjoyed the time spent there.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-13-2017 10:44 AM
    In the past, there were elections where I didn't like either candidate and wrote someone else in to make a statement, however small of a statement it was.
    You should have voted for Harambe!
    sinime likes this.
    02-13-2017 10:45 AM
    Those can be fun, especially when you get fed up with electronics.
    It isn't fun when you're working on a $40 billion project with a schedule and work to do....

I don't really get frustrated with electronics.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-13-2017 10:55 AM
    That's pretty funny.

Here in the UK they have gone away from tanks (well not everywhere there are still old systems) and now have direct heating. No tank in other words.

My mums system which is electric has changed to something similar in Canada.

It's a lot more efficient to have individual hot water heaters per apartment than one giant one. However, maintenance could be more difficult or easier, depending.

We had an issue in Australia where they installed a giant chiller system for the whole building. It was ridiculously expensive (renters had to pay for it) and not very efficient at all. We didn't stay long there.
    I have my own natural gas forced air furnace. However, I pay my own heating bill.

The law here in Cleveland stipulates that renters do not pay individual water bills, so we do not have separate water meters or water tanks.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-13-2017 11:20 AM
    Why vote for him at all then? Isn't there independents you can vote for?

We've had issues here with our vote by some people voting because they didn't think they'd win... in other words they weren't planning for us to leave the EU. Thought it would be funny... yeah I'm laughing...
    Because I really didn't want Hillary as president. I wish Johnson had made it to the presidential debates, I think he would have had a chance if he had, and I'd have voted for him.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-13-2017 11:21 AM
    It isn't fun when you're working on a $40 billion project with a schedule and work to do....

I don't really get frustrated with electronics.
    I overlooked the details, I thought you were at home. This makes things very different.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-13-2017 12:33 PM
    I have my own natural gas forced air furnace. However, I pay my own heating bill.

The law here in Cleveland stipulates that renters do not pay individual water bills, so we do not have separate water meters or water tanks.
    People don't pay for their water here either when they rent. Only electricity and gas (if you have it).

Also council tax, which is a bit odd.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-13-2017 02:46 PM
    People don't pay for their water here either when they rent. Only electricity and gas (if you have it).

Also council tax, which is a bit odd.
    What is council tax?
    libra89 likes this.
    02-13-2017 02:48 PM
    Because I really didn't want Hillary as president. I wish Johnson had made it to the presidential debates, I think he would have had a chance if he had, and I'd have voted for him.
    I get you wanted someone else but I think getting rid of Trump will be very difficult. I could also see a riot breaking out (or worse) if he were impeached. He's out to turn USA into Trump land. Royal we is coming soon ..

Lastly, all politicians and business people are crooks. They all walk the fine line. There really is no better of out of any of them. Just slightly less crooked.

That's reality. Has always been that way.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-13-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    02-13-2017 02:52 PM
    I'll have a shower tonight. The hot water tank was replaced. 😊🚿
    libra89, N_LaRUE and sinime like this.
    02-13-2017 07:42 PM
    I'm not sold on the idea that he is the better of the two... I just hope he gets impeached before he does too much damage.

Having said that, I did vote for him because I thought he was most likely to overstep his bounds and get impeached. Hillary is too crooked to have anything stick to her.
    These were all less than useless candidates.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-14-2017 12:58 AM
    What is council tax?
    If you own a house you pay council tax. Which I guess is 'property tax' or something like that in the US? Because the way renting works here in the UK, renters pay the council tax, not the owners.
    02-14-2017 02:23 AM
    If you own a house you pay council tax. Which I guess is 'property tax' or something like that in the US? Because the way renting works here in the UK, renters pay the council tax, not the owners.
    Yep, property tax is what we have here but only owners pay that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2017 09:22 AM
    At the moment, it's looking really attractive to just own a Windows Phone and an iPhone. For the first time, my Outlook calendar is not working with the other apps, even as an Exchange account on my Honor 8 since installing the update to 7.0. The update is great but I'm not going to use a phone that doesn't sync with my calendar.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2017 09:29 AM
    So I;m going to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding. Good thing I'm done with buying phones for the moment, as I have no idea what to expect for the cost of this.
    Additionally, our mom wants us (the siblings) to help out with something financially for this wedding too, so eh.
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-14-2017 09:32 AM
    So I;m going to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding. Good thing I'm done with buying phones for the moment, as I have no idea what to expect for the cost of this.
    Ah, weddings. I haven't been to one in some time. Which is fine by me. LOL!

I think small weddings are best personally. I don't quite get the big flashy things. Well I get it to some extent as some are pure money making ventures (depends on your cultural background) but being a lower class person of English decent it's always been a bit ostentatious and money wasn't expected at our weddings as it is at others.
    libra89, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-14-2017 09:37 AM

I think small weddings are best personally. I don't quite get the big flashy things. Well I get it to some extent as some are pure money making ventures (depends on your cultural background) but being a lower class person of English decent it's always been a bit ostentatious and money wasn't expected at our weddings as it is at others.
    Haha xd

I agree with you. In her case, and all of our cases, we will all have 2 weddings because of tradition. I'm Nigerian so we have the traditional (this is a cultural thing, very big) wedding and the church/white wedding.

I don't think or dream about my wedding really, but when the time comes, I'll give the reigns to my parents for the traditional but make the church wedding small and I would like to control that.
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-14-2017 10:07 AM
    Additionally, our mom wants us (the siblings) to help out with something financially for this wedding too, so eh.
    I stand corrected for thining that I've attended the worst wedding ever. The one you have to pay for surely adds to cons on the list.
    02-14-2017 12:10 PM

Haven't been to a smaller one yet. Even though wedding planners and firms dealing with weddings aren't a thing here, people still do exaggerate with those in other aspects. Such as the food offering(meat and just tons of expensive meat) and a whole bunch of booze. Also a live gig is a must, and not to mention the number of folks invited. Some of who the couples don't even know, not to mentiom other people attending. That's why I say they're full of fake emotios.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-14-2017 12:14 PM
    Caught up on reading about 500+ work emails after being out for 7 business days. Now begins the hard task of actually getting crap done!
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-14-2017 12:15 PM
    Haha xd

I agree with you. In her case, and all of our cases, we will all have 2 weddings because of tradition. I'm Nigerian so we have the traditional (this is a cultural thing, very big) wedding and the church/white wedding.

I don't think or dream about my wedding really, but when the time comes, I'll give the reigns to my parents for the traditional but make the church wedding small and I would like to control that.
    The more you write about the wedding the worse it gets :D.
    02-14-2017 12:17 PM
    I stand corrected for thining that I've attended the worst wedding ever. The one you have to pay for surely adds to cons on the list.
    Haha. I wouldn't be footing much (our parents are) but there will be something.
    Laura Knotek, Rose640 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-14-2017 12:28 PM
    Caught up on reading about 500+ work emails after being out for 7 business days. Now begins the hard task of actually getting crap done!
    Whoa! Congrats and good luck on getting stuff done. Has jet lag hit you yet or not?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-2017 12:30 PM
    The more you write about the wedding the worse it gets :D.
    Lol!

When you (general you) decide to marry people from certain cultures, you have to respect their culture. If you don't, the family feels disrespected. Not looking forward to the traditional one since it will be huge but the church one should be fine.
    Laura Knotek, Rose640 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-14-2017 12:32 PM
145,247 ... 52485249525052515252 ...