I'm, I'm driving a diesel... :)
    Oh, that's a plus, at least to me. 90% of Opels in Bosnia are petrol.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-17-2017 01:11 PM
    It was delivered! Because I'm impatient, I went home to get it since it came right before my lunch break. It's on the charger.
    Rose640, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2017 01:55 PM
    It was delivered! Because I'm impatient, I went home to get it since it came right before my lunch break. It's on the charger.
    Finally. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2017 01:59 PM
    Finally. Looking forward to QA hearing your thoughts about it.
    03-17-2017 01:59 PM
    Well I'm loving Android so far. I can see why it's a number one platform. No matter how much Iiked WM it still lags so much behind Android.

I was stunned by the vast selection of available apps, quality apps! I had a bit of a trouble finding a music app that suits me, but I managed to figure that one out.

Themes are also a nice edition. Got it all set to a sort of dark style. Haven't played with launchers yet. Don't want to loose warranty yet, lol.

What I'm missing from my Lumia is definitely the Glance screen, the keyboard and that little pointer on the keyboard to navigate through the text. And the battery life is pretty much poor. Almost the same battery as in Lumia but with cut in half performances.

Oh and the camera is just a little bit weaker, nothing too much. As
    I can imagine and relate. Good to hear that you decided on a music app.

No worries, launchers wouldn't make you lose your warranty. Installing a custom or different kind of ROM over the one that came with your phone, will though. Your theme sounds nice.

Aw, okay. That sucks that the battery is less. Hopefully it will settle in and you can possibly tweak some stuff to make it better. You should try SwiftKey, it might give you a similar experience to the Lumia keyboard.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2017 02:08 PM
    I can imagine and relate. Good to hear that you decided on a music app.

No worries, launchers wouldn't make you lose your warranty. Installing a custom or different kind of ROM over the one that came with your phone, will though. Your theme sounds nice.

Aw, okay. That sucks that the battery is less. Hopefully it will settle in and you can possibly tweak some stuff to make it better. You should try SwiftKey, it might give you a similar experience to the Lumia keyboard.
    Tried swift, didn't really like it. I'm doing almost fine with Gboard, added borders to it and it works much better now.

Oh, I thought launchers affect my warranty as well, thanks for the info. I'll definitely try some of them, though this one's pretty much stock Android.
    03-17-2017 02:16 PM
    I got mine yesterday. Didn't wait full 24 hours. Though the delivery guy wasn't the brightest person I spoke to that day. I literally had to draw the instructions to my house, which are not complicated at all.

He ended up leaving the package in the nearby store. Anyway, I'm glad it came that fast. And I didn't have to pay for anything!
    I guess I missed the device name and model number. What phone did you get?
    Rose640 likes this.
    03-17-2017 04:30 PM
    What on earth did I miss? Rose bought a new phone and Rue is back on Astra? ๐Ÿ˜€ Rose, what did you buy? And Rue, it is the new Astra, correct?
    atlantisbRe and Rose640 like this.
    03-17-2017 04:42 PM
    What on earth did I miss? Rose bought a new phone and Rue is back on Astra? ๐Ÿ˜€ Rose, what did you buy? And Rue, it is the new Astra, correct?
    It's only a rental as my car is in the body shop. It's a 2015. No DAB radio. Very disappointing.

Nice seats though.
    03-17-2017 05:55 PM
    Tried swift, didn't really like it. I'm doing almost fine with Gboard, added borders to it and it works much better now.

Oh, I thought launchers affect my warranty as well, thanks for the info. I'll definitely try some of them, though this one's pretty much stock Android.
    If you're into round icons I recommend the Pixel Icon Pack. I've played around with some launchers but I keep coming back to the basics. I'm still open to trying some others out.

There's a new theming tool by Google that has suggestions. Some people took it too seriously though. I saw it as a starting point.

https://www.android.com/myandroid/taste-test/#/
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    03-17-2017 06:01 PM
    Oh, that's a plus, at least to me. 90% of Opels in Bosnia are petrol.
    I would prefer a petrol personally but it's not very economical for me. I'd like to get a hybrid in the future or full electric.
    Rose640 likes this.
    03-17-2017 06:03 PM

Gboard works just as well for me as SwiftKey in terms of using the swipe keyboard. However, Gboard doesn't lag. SwiftKey was quite laggy for me.

I use Nova Launcher Prime even though I have stock Android devices.
    Rose640, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-17-2017 06:09 PM
    I guess I missed the device name and model number. What phone did you get?
    Forgot to tell that one. It's an ultra cheap Chinese phone, Uhans 101s.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2017 10:46 PM
    Didn't actuall buy it, I got it for free from the website I write for.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2017 10:47 PM
    Rose on android ? What did i miss?
    03-17-2017 10:47 PM
    If you're into round icons I recommend the Pixel Icon Pack. I've played around with some launchers but I keep coming back to the basics. I'm still open to trying some others out.

There's a new theming tool by Google that has suggestions. Some people took it too seriously though. I saw it as a starting point.

https://www.android.com/myandroid/taste-test/#/
    I know about the tool, I'll definitely try it out. It's just that this launcher is doing a pretty much god job.

As long as the icons are not trying to immitate3D objects, I'm fine with them.
    03-17-2017 10:49 PM
    I would prefer a petrol personally but it's not very economical for me. I'd like to get a hybrid in the future or full electric.
    I don't know, petrol is a bigger waster and costs more. As you said, not very economical at all. Electric is a best way to go, if the circumstances allow you of course. You need to count in the battery life, availability of the charging stations and the reach. Tesla is a giid way to go, maybe a bit pricey though.
    03-17-2017 10:53 PM
    Gboard works just as well for me as SwiftKey in terms of using the swipe keyboard. However, Gboard doesn't lag. SwiftKey was quite laggy for me.

I use Nova Launcher Prime even though I have stock Android devices.
    Swiftkey also lagged in my case. Though it was nothing serious, I still don't want to have a laggy keyboard.
    03-17-2017 10:55 PM
    Rose on android ? What did i miss?
    Too much :D.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2017 10:56 PM
    Finally. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it.
    The size is perfect for me. Speakers are okay. I'm liking it a lot but the front camera is yellowish in low light. So conflicted. Can't comment on battery life yet.

It almost hits the spot so far.

Sony works excellent with my contacts.
    Rose640, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2017 11:42 PM
    I did a comparison and out of four phones, it is the worst. :/ The size is perfect but I know that the front camera will bother me if I keep it so I guess I'm not. Welp.

Going to try some third party apps though.

Edit: No luck with third party apps. Decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-18-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    03-18-2017 12:11 AM
    Almost no cars here have DAB, we got only about half a year ago.

I also like petrol more. About hybrids and electric cars, Hyundai Ioniq looks nice and you can get it as normal hybrid, plug in hybrid or fully electric.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-2017 03:06 AM
    The size is perfect for me. Speakers are okay. I'm liking it a lot but the front camera is yellowish in low light. So conflicted. Can't comment on battery life yet.

It almost hits the spot so far.

Sony works excellent with my contacts.
    Sorry to hear that. Front camera doesn't matter that much to me, really. I useed the Lumia 640 with 0.9MP front camera.
    03-18-2017 04:08 AM
    I did a comparison and out of four phones, it is the worst. :/ The size is perfect but I know that the front camera will bother me if I keep it so I guess I'm not. Welp.

Going to try some third party apps though.

Edit: No luck with third party apps. Decisions, decisions.
    Time to swap out three of the devices for a Pixel๐Ÿ˜
    03-18-2017 09:47 AM
    Well, based on what's out there...the only two phones I'm looking at for an upgrade is a 128GB Pixel or a G6. I'd prefer the G6, but I'm watching to see if there are any production issues (bottloops, etc).
    Rose640, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-18-2017 09:50 AM
145,281 ... 52855286528752885289 ...