Yeah that sounds very annoying.

I think it's at a point where it is a feature, and sad to say, the jack makes a phone stand out.
    I've got mixed feelings on this topic, so I'll stay silent.

Fanboys in those days were just as bad as they are now.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-19-2017 08:44 PM
    I've got mixed feelings on this topic, so I'll stay silent.

Fanboys in those days were just as bad as they are now.
    Ahh I'm curious but I get why you would want to stay silent.

Very true about fanboys now, I'll take your word for it on how they were before.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-19-2017 09:00 PM
    Went to a little Holi get together. Kid had fun throwing color on various people gathered there.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0b7131658f.jpg
    That looks fun!
    libra89 likes this.
    03-19-2017 09:22 PM
    Um...I've used cellphones that used to have 2.5mm jacks and proprietary ports...So when you bought a new phone from another OEM, the cables were worthless...3.5mm jacks weren't givens on smartphones.
    So did I.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-19-2017 09:24 PM
    Are you real? One million? What for if I may ask? :D I just have those that I listen to, nothing besides that.
    I'm 1800+ and I'm missing a lot of music still.

I doubt I know a million songs... I think I knew someone who had a similar goal.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 03-20-2017 at 03:26 AM.
    03-20-2017 12:17 AM
    I'm at 25,000 songs. Include some songs I converted from ancient cassette tapes.
    I'm sort of a completist, collecting by artist and their albums, plus the occasional singles.
    I usually keep about 400-500 songs on the phone, but rarely listen to all of them...

... !!
    03-20-2017 02:46 AM
    Congrats on the new position. Same place?

Buying a house in the UK is not fun. I hated every minute of it and took a lot of the shine off the excitement. Then I had the renovations which added to the disappointment...

I guess you're getting close to your wedding now?

As for me, keeping well enough. Looking forward to my trip to Bordeaux and checking out some properties.
    Yeah the job is in the same place which is handy for travelling costs etc, it's also why I stayed there for so long because I knew the opportunity would come up. At the moment we're in the awkward phase where a couple of people that have been made redundant are working their last weeks before the new roles start.

Are you moving to Bordeaux or outside of the Uk?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-20-2017 02:51 AM
    Yeah the job is in the same place which is handy for travelling costs etc, it's also why I stayed there for so long because I knew the opportunity would come up. At the moment we're in the awkward phase where a couple of people that have been made redundant are working their last weeks before the new roles start.

Nothing worse than redundancy situations. I've been through a few of those in my career. I luckily never got made redundant but the atmosphere is never great.

We're not moving to Bordeaux but that's the easiest airport and the flights were cheap. :)

We're eventually moving to France. When and where exactly is still up in the air. Currently we're just checking things out.

Well, 'when' will hopefully be within the next two years. We originally had a five year plan but we're worried about the economic outlook and house prices possibly slumping once the UK leaves the EU.

On top of that both of us have had enough of the rat race. I'm not a fan of the industry I'm in and I'd like more time for life, the commute has got to me. We have several business ideas so we'll have a diverse income.

I know there's no such thing as a perfect country or a perfect economic situation but from what we know France is a good place with friendly people and we feel we can make ends meet well enough so we don't have to worry.

Then I'll at least have some time to hopefully do things I want. We'll there's always hope right? LOL!
    Muessig, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-20-2017 03:26 AM
    Genograms are always an interesting exercise.

Looks like my lineage is littered with British, Scot and Irish mixed in with Sierra Leone roots. Ah yes, there were slave masters in there too. And I may have gone to high school with some distant kin and wasn't made aware.

Family secrets...gotta love em...
    I've been wanting to do a ancestry DNA test. I'm curious to know.

I probably have a mix of Scott, Brit and Irish, well I'm sure I have the Brit and Irish not sure of anything else though.
    03-20-2017 05:32 AM
    I don't remember if I shared this here or not... but I made a new sig pic for my automotive forums (dodgeintrepid.net, forFMJbodies, MoparForums, etc)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...df3f0caf79.jpg
    Ed I have to ask... where's the hot tub??? :P
    03-20-2017 05:34 AM

Congratulations on your new position.
    03-20-2017 05:52 AM
    And where are the dancing girls and the pole?
    Ed Boland, Laura Knotek and sinime like this.
    03-20-2017 07:00 AM
    I've been wanting to do a ancestry DNA test. I'm curious to know.

I probably have a mix of Scott, Brit and Irish, well I'm sure I have the Brit and Irish not sure of anything else though.
    It's interesting to be able to talk to the "keepers of the history" in a family. In many ways, when people don't have access to their family roots, it can be very crippling.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-20-2017 07:01 AM
    No, wasn't really thinking of that....
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-20-2017 07:05 AM
    No, wasn't really thinking of that....
    I went there just for the hell of it. Someone had to...
    Ed Boland, Laura Knotek and sinime like this.
    03-20-2017 07:13 AM
    We can use the car for a rap video? :P
    03-20-2017 08:17 AM
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-20-2017 08:18 AM
    Only if it's a late 80s or early 90s rap video...
    03-20-2017 08:30 AM
    Only if it's a late 80s or early 90s rap video...
    Hot tub in the back, pimped out lowrider and hydraulic system for bouncing...

Sounds like fun... :)
    03-20-2017 08:41 AM
    Weather is really crap at the moment... We had one day of warm weather last week. Now it's cold, windy and rain.

First day of spring too...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-20-2017 08:43 AM
    Ah finally a day off!
    03-20-2017 08:59 AM
    Been messing around with this TapTalk app.. it's come a long way I see. I think I actually like it now, though it still doesn't cover a couple of my regular old school forums. (Unless I'm not seeing HOW to add them!)
    03-20-2017 09:01 AM
    Haha! The trunk IS big enough! Big enough for a hot tub... OR, about 8 bodies. :|

:P
    03-20-2017 09:03 AM
    I like where you're going with this...
    03-20-2017 09:05 AM
    Ah finally a day off!
    Nice! I hope you enjoy it!

Same today. It's the last day until Memorial Day.
    03-20-2017 09:07 AM
143,664 ... 52915292529352945295 ...