Sorry about the focus with this one, my 950 is experiencing sporadic focusing issues...

wp_20170406_21_49_33_pro-2-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails small.jpg  
    Last edited by sinime; 04-06-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-2017 09:27 PM
    Action has slowed up on the last device...It's a very solid watch and I'm almost tempted to keep it, but since I'm keeping the OG 360 as a true backup, this one has to find a new home...
    Ha ha I've been tempted to buy it from you but not really sure I need it with the Band 2 right now ha ha
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2017 09:44 PM
    Action has slowed up on the last device...It's a very solid watch and I'm almost tempted to keep it, but since I'm keeping the OG 360 as a true backup, this one has to find a new home...
    I hope that the right person bites soon, you never know.

Yeah three watches sounds like a lot of watches to me. Don't keep it xd
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2017 10:19 PM
    Ha ha I've been tempted to buy it from you but not really sure I need it with the Band 2 right now ha ha
    You've got an Android or iOS device? It works with either, just better with Android of course...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-2017 11:04 PM
    I hope that the right person bites soon, you never know.

Yeah three watches sounds like a lot of watches to me. Don't keep it xd
    I don't wear the OG 360 anymore as the battery life isn't great. I do like the Sport as the screen is awesome in direct sunlight, but my preference was the 2015 42mm black 360 or a black Huawei watch. Got the silver Huawei watch on sale to use for mostly dressing up but have turned it into my daily and swap out the bands for different looks. That's why the sport is up for sale.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-06-2017 11:07 PM
    I see Thump finally got to play with his toys...

I unfortunately read the comments under the story. I keep forgetting how many stupid people we have in the world. Not sure why I keep forgetting.

Ah well. Hopefully this doesn't start worse things.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-06-2017 11:26 PM
    I see Thump finally got to play with his toys...

I unfortunately read the comments under the story. I keep forgetting how many stupid people we have in the world. Not sure why I keep forgetting.

Ah well. Hopefully this doesn't start worse things.
    You may want to say a prayer, Rue...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2017 11:28 PM
    You may want to say a prayer, Rue...
    Since I'm an atheist you might have a guess what my thoughts are on the efficacy of prayer is...

Humans - we think we're intelligent but we keep reminding ourselves just how 'animal' like we are.
    Laura Knotek, azcruz and libra89 like this.
    04-07-2017 01:19 AM
    Since I'm an atheist you might have a guess what my thoughts are on the efficacy of prayer is...

Humans - we think we're intelligent but we keep reminding ourselves just how 'animal' like we are.
    I know you're an atheist and was hoping the irony of asking an atheist to pray in a situation like this wouldn't be lost on you...but I guess your missed it!?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-2017 05:56 AM
    I know you're an atheist and was hoping the irony of asking an atheist to pray in a situation like this wouldn't be lost on you...but I guess your missed it!?
    It's been a tiring week for me. Irony may be a bit over my head. :P

The only thing I would ever pray for, knowing full well it would never be answered, is the end of praying in situations like this...

prayer-vs-getting-off-your-knees.png
    sinime and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-07-2017 06:13 AM
    There's way too many unanswered questions to this situation.

Syria claims nothing significant happened to the airbase and killed 9 civilians.
    Russia claims the same thing.
    Russia also claims only 23 missiles made it to the airbase.

No real proof who set off the chemical weapons. I agree it's abhorrent but we need real evidence of who was responsible.

Seems to me Thump was just out to impress China if you ask me.

Also does Thump do all his international talks in Florida? What's with that? I thought the White house was used for that. How pathetic.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-07-2017 06:23 AM
    Well great, another terrorist attack, now in Stockholm. Can now please everybody who has been saying migration is not a problem f*****g shut up! On our borders police started to examine everyone, meanwhile 30-40 people cross border every night illegally. As someone living in EU I feel awesome at the moment, I am apparently a potential threat, these masses that crossed border last year with fake IDs are not.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-07-2017 09:33 AM
    You've got an Android or iOS device? It works with either, just better with Android of course...
    I have both an Android and an iOS device. Have mainly used Android over the years but I do like to test/trade devices so have switched around a bit to try to stay somewhat current with most of the os's.
    04-07-2017 11:52 AM
    I have both an Android and an iOS device. Have mainly used Android over the years but I do like to test/trade devices so have switched around a bit to try to stay somewhat current with most of the os's.
    Ok. So give into your temptation and test it out...I can be reasonable with the price...or if you want to test out the older 360, we can talk...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-2017 02:52 PM
    Well great, another terrorist attack, now in Stockholm. Can now please everybody who has been saying migration is not a problem f*****g shut up! On our borders police started to examine everyone, meanwhile 30-40 people cross border every night illegally. As someone living in EU I feel awesome at the moment, I am apparently a potential threat, these masses that crossed border last year with fake IDs are not.
    Sadly, this may be more commonplace going forward...
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-08-2017 08:20 AM
    Just reading through days worth of posts. Very good conversations going on. I can't add much, but I'll give it a go regarding change and mental health. Years ago, I was in a somewhat bad place towards the tail end of college. Somehow, I found two books that helped get me back on track. They are extremely difficult books to digest in the moment, but once finished (and in my case, read about 100 more times), they are life changing.
    If anyone is interested, I've included a link to both books. The Road Less Traveled is on my OneDrive account. You are welcome to download it. The other book is available on YouTube.

The Road Less Traveled
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjCCdqnBdUrgks1R1PJ4zeTexE1YKA

The People of the Lie

Both are by M. Scott Peck
    04-08-2017 08:47 AM
    I'm not a religious person, but these books do mention religion and religious ideas. Peck is a scientist first however, so the religious speak is pretty few and far between. Either way, the books have something to offer everyone.
    04-08-2017 08:53 AM
    I'm not a religious person, but these books do mention religion and religious ideas. Peck is a scientist first however, so the religious speak is pretty few and far between. Either way, the books have something to offer everyone.
    Thank you!
    Scienceguy Labs and libra89 like this.
    04-08-2017 09:48 AM
    Cool thanks for that
    Scienceguy Labs and libra89 like this.
    04-08-2017 09:56 AM
    Thank you for the great suggestions and for your kindness in sharing with us. Will check them out.
    04-08-2017 10:31 AM
    Cool thanks for that
    You're welcome. Hope you get something out of them if you listen to them. I listen to The Road Less Traveled just about once every couple of months. It's such a good book.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-08-2017 10:47 AM
    Thank you for the great suggestions and for your kindness in sharing with us. Will check them out.
    No problem. Hope you like them if you're into this subject matter. Most likely, we all have issues and things to deal with every day. These books, especially the first one, can be very useful in navigating life's ups and downs. The Road Less Traveled is probably the best, most eye opening book I've ever read. It's brutal, because it requires you to do a lot of self reflection. The Ego is going to put up a huge fight at first. When I first read the book, I think it took me around six months to finish because it challenged everything about me from my childhood to who was at that point in time. It was great getting beat down by a book. Ha ha But, I needed it to happen.
    The second book is more of a tool to recognize toxic people so that you can avoid having them in your life. It's a brutal book to get through, as well, but worth it.
    04-08-2017 10:56 AM
    No problem. Hope you like them if you're into this subject matter. Most likely, we all have issues and things to deal with every day. These books, especially the first one, can be very useful in navigating life's ups and downs. The Road Less Traveled is probably the best, most eye opening book I've ever read. It's brutal, because it requires you to do a lot of self reflection. The Ego is going to put up a huge fight at first. When I first read the book, I think it took me around six months to finish because it challenged everything about me from my childhood to who was at that point in time. It was great getting beat down by a book. Ha ha But, I needed it to happen.
    The second book is more of a tool to recognize toxic people so that you can avoid having them in your life. It's a brutal book to get through, as well, but worth it.
    Thanks for sharing this.

The thing is optimal mental health is for everyone, but mental health treatment isn't always for everyone. Some mental health professionals who would hear me say that would say I need treatment myself, but that's a truth people sometimes wash over.

We all go through moments where our mental health isn't the best. Some have those moments persist constantly over the course of a lifetime. It's about maintenance of optimal health and doing what's need for that...
    04-08-2017 11:59 AM
    Having fondled a G6, S8 and S8+, I'll say this...LG did a really nice job and I would buy the G6. The S8 and S8+ in terms of engineering, are awesome. Much respect to Sammy for fitting a bigger display in something that shares similar dimensions to the Mi Note 2 (in reference to the S8+). Both S8s feel comfortable to hold in the hand.

The G6 does feel like a pretty chunky monkey. It doesn't feel as form fitting to the hand as the S8. It does feel well built though...And I really like that about it. It's like a very nice looking utilitarian device. I saw the silver model and I'm sure this phone looks way better in black.

Still, if I was upgrading from my honor 8 to the G6, it's an easy move. I get more real estate in a more compact form factor, a still interesting camera (I love the wide angle lens) and the upgrades I like such as wireless charging and water resistance.

Jumping from a mi note 2 to the G6 is less clear. Still, my like for the G6 was confirmed.
    04-08-2017 12:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing this.

The thing is optimal mental health is for everyone, but mental health treatment isn't always for everyone. Some mental health professionals who would hear me say that would say I need treatment myself, but that's a truth people sometimes wash over.

We all go through moments where our mental health isn't the best. Some have those moments persist constantly over the course of a lifetime. It's about maintenance of optimal health and doing what's need for that...
    Great point. I like how you put that. The book rang true for me because the advice in it really worked for me. It still does. It is part of my mental health maintenance. When I first read it, I saw it as my form of therapy. Others might just look at it as a good read. Still, others might get nothing out of it. However it is seen, there is a ton of good advice in it regarding how we treat ourselves and those around us. If it's not used as a therapy tool, it could serve as a good reference book for living a mature, full, loving life. But, everything above is my opinion. 😀 I'm no expert on this.
    04-08-2017 12:57 PM
144,480 ... 53115312531353145315 ...