Because I really want to take MIA's advice to my head, I have ordered a Sony Xperia X Performance. It helps that it is on sale and it has really similar dimensions to the Pixel (heavier though). I know that it would be a downgrade probably in the camera department, but hopefully not as much.

I would hide behind the chronic switcher label I put on myself BUT this time, it's really about battery life. I'll like to see if it's really good like a lot of these reviews have said. Battery life is important to me. The Pixel makes the cut but sometimes I wish that it was a little bit more.
    An X Performance? I think you may be disappointed in the battery on that one...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2017 06:52 PM
    If the Mi note 2 wasn't such value for money, I'd have gotten a Key One. Enjoyed my Bold 9700 and Storm 9550 especially, so a Key One would have been a no frills work device.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-27-2017 06:54 PM
    An X Performance? I think you may be disappointed in the battery on that one...
    Yep. I have heard that it's something about how the software manages the smaller battery that makes for better battery life. Your thoughts in the Android thread made me realize that battery life is important to me. It's nice to have a great camera but a solid camera is good enough for me.

Looking forward to it, even though my cc is crying.
    04-27-2017 07:23 PM
    Yep. I have heard that it's something about how the software manages the smaller battery that makes for better battery life. Your thoughts in the Android thread made me realize that battery life is important to me. It's nice to have a great camera but a solid camera is good enough for me.

I'm the opposite, I need a stellar camera. Since I carry two phones, battery life is not an issue for me.
    libra89 and Ed Boland like this.
    04-27-2017 07:26 PM
    If the Mi note 2 wasn't such value for money, I'd have gotten a Key One. Enjoyed my Bold 9700 and Storm 9550 especially, so a Key One would have been a no frills work device.
    Nice! I love the idea of the KeyOne and I think it's beautiful. From what I'm reading and your experience, you hit the jackpot with the Mi Note 2.
    04-27-2017 07:27 PM
    Hi guys, so preparations are coming on nicely with the house and wedding. We've had a stay contact for the house so were getting there now. Plenty still to do on the wedding but it seems a crazy amount of preparation for something that will last less than 12 hours for the main celebrations.

Also I officially start my new job role next week.
    Congratulations and good luck!
    libra89 and Muessig like this.
    04-27-2017 07:27 PM
    I'm the opposite, I need a stellar camera. Since I carry two phones, battery life is not an issue for me.
    I can get that, you take some amazing pictures and you do it often.

The only regular action my camera gets is my monthly selfie (and when I'm in a relationship). Maybe when I do things like go to concerts and the occasional random thing. My friends are the one who takes the group photos and such, I never volunteer my phone xd
    04-27-2017 07:31 PM
    Hi guys, so preparations are coming on nicely with the house and wedding. We've had a stay contact for the house so were getting there now. Plenty still to do on the wedding but it seems a crazy amount of preparation for something that will last less than 12 hours for the main celebrations.

Also I officially start my new job role next week.
    Awesome! And congrats and good luck with the new job role! That came fast!
    Muessig likes this.
    04-27-2017 07:32 PM

I hope that the X Performance works for you.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-27-2017 07:34 PM
    I hope that the X Performance works for you.
    Thank you, me too. I want to be settled like you are. At the moment, it's either that or the Pixel or I do something weird.
    04-27-2017 07:40 PM
    Thank you, me too. I want to be settled like you are. At the moment, it's either that or the Pixel or I do something weird.
    Sounds like I should bet on the "doing something weird"...
    04-27-2017 08:04 PM
    It took alot longer than I wanted to settle, so there's nothing sexy about that process.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-27-2017 08:10 PM
    You're welcome to, you may or may not be right. The various things rolling in my mind would be weird for me, I think.
    04-27-2017 08:24 PM
    At the risk of offending you it sounds like you are veering towards the weird ๐Ÿ˜
    04-27-2017 08:41 PM
    I didn't even get to this post before I punched in my response to libra89 prior post ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    libra89 likes this.
    04-27-2017 08:42 PM
    Two reviews out today. One at The Verge and the other one by MKBHD and in both comparisons the Pixel came out ahead overall. Even though I am quite happy with the S8, I am not giving up my Pixel because - camera ๐Ÿ“ท
    04-27-2017 08:45 PM
    I didn't even get to this post before I punched in my response to libra89 prior post ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    I see you had one of your patented moments inspired by this guy here...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-27-2017 08:48 PM
    You're welcome to, you may or may not be right. The various things rolling in my mind would be weird for me, I think.
    A woman with an active imagination is always a fun time...It just depends on the price of admission and what the adventure is...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2017 08:49 PM
    I see you had one of your patented moments inspired by this guy here...

Speaking of patented moments, the plaque for my latest patent arrived today. In the process of filing a few more in the next couple of weeks.
    04-27-2017 08:49 PM
    Two reviews out today. One at The Verge and the other one by MKBHD and in both comparisons the Pixel came out ahead overall. Even though I am quite happy with the S8, I am not giving up my Pixel because - camera ๐Ÿ“ท
    Pixel still has the magic to reign supreme when it comes to point and shoot status...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2017 08:55 PM
    At the risk of offending you it sounds like you are veering towards the weird
    None taken LOL.
    I feel like I'm halfway there.
    04-27-2017 08:57 PM
    A woman with an active imagination is always a fun time...It just depends on the price of admission and what the adventure is...
    Ha! Probably not as weird as you're envisioning.
    04-27-2017 08:59 PM
    Two reviews out today. One at The Verge and the other one by MKBHD and in both comparisons the Pixel came out ahead overall. Even though I am quite happy with the S8, I am not giving up my Pixel because - camera
    Yeah the Pixel is something else. Whoa.

So about the s8, how's it going so far?
    04-27-2017 09:01 PM
    So my weird ideas are the following:

-Sell the Pixel and use the SE instead
    -Get a iPhone 7 in good condition for a nice price
    -Get a RED one
    -Get a battery case for said iPhone 7

If I did the iPhone 7 thing, I can't keep that and the Pixel. Weird for me generally but probably not too weird.

I learned that with the Pixel, the connectivity matters (especially at work) so I'll rather get a phone with similar connections(?) to it.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-27-2017 09:10 PM
    So my weird ideas are the following:

-Sell the Pixel and use the SE instead
    -Get a iPhone 7 in good condition for a nice price
    -Get a RED one
    -Get a battery case for said iPhone 7

If I did the iPhone 7 thing, I can't keep that and the Pixel. Weird for me generally but probably not too weird.

I learned that with the Pixel, the connectivity matters (especially at work) so I'll rather get a phone with similar connections(?) to it.
    My vote would be to dump the SE and get a used 7 with a battery case.
    libra89 and Ed Boland like this.
    04-27-2017 09:14 PM
144,455 ... 53285329533053315332 ...