I did a little bit of a research, it turns out I'm entitled to free college. Yay. Now let's just hope bureaucracy doesn't stand in my way.
    06-07-2017 06:59 AM
    But again, it all comes down to tiny nuanses. Question is, can one really spot the difference?
    Well, here's the thing.

In general, humans don't have the best hearing. We're generally 'mid range'. Also, how something sounds is a personal thing.

There are of course many people out there, known as 'audiophiles' who believe they have superior hearing and can detect difference. There's been a few studies that debunk this.

The whole audiophile industry is built on ego.

So, is a USB headphone better than a standard? The simple answer here is, 'depends'. There is no black and white answer. You can end up with crap USB headphones and amazing standard headphones.

There's probably pluses to USB but as I already stated, it will come down to what's used.
    libra89, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-07-2017 07:26 AM
    Oh, did not see that last line. That's interesting. Never thought of it. What I read somewhere is that they're trying to improve the wireless charging, so that you won't be needing a USB port to charge your phone anymore. That way you'd have a an unoccupied port to use.

But again, I can bet on this, Apple's going to come with a bit better wireless charging, ditch all the ports and make everything wireless. And of course **** so many people off once again.
    Wireless charging has one major fault... it's not easily portable and there isn't always a place to plug it in. The other fault is your device has to stay on the charger. This is not really convenient.

So this is where having one USB port fails if you wish to charge and listen to music at the same time.

Of course the push for better wireless headphones is what's going to happen. Which I don't object to.
    06-07-2017 07:32 AM
    Yay the Swappa sale of the Pixel has been completed! Gladly welcoming that change back into my account. Phew.
    06-07-2017 07:50 AM
    You weren't wrong in any of those except for the military part, never heard of that really. In the beginning there were very few followers, not to mention having a whole army.
    I was going to write a large reply but I just don't have the time today. But I thought I'd clarify this bit.

I don't remember where I read/saw this from. It could have been a video, article, book or comment on a forum. I'm not sure. There was some 'backing' to it but I don't fully recall what it was. I've read/seen a lot of things on religion in general so it could have been anywhere.

As with most religions a lot of the information about things is rather sketchy. From my understanding the Quran was written quite a while after his death. Also, from what I've read, there is a few scholars who think there's a possibility that he never really existed as a person. Kind of similar to Jesus, there's a bit of contention on that. Along with a lot of the other main religious figures in the Bible/Torah.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-07-2017 08:30 AM
    Well, here's the thing.

In general, humans don't have the best hearing. We're generally 'mid range'. Also, how something sounds is a personal thing.

There are of course many people out there, known as 'audiophiles' who believe they have superior hearing and can detect difference. There's been a few studies that debunk this.

The whole audiophile industry is built on ego.

So, is a USB headphone better than a standard? The simple answer here is, 'depends'. There is no black and white answer. You can end up with crap USB headphones and amazing standard headphones.

There's probably pluses to USB but as I already stated, it will come down to what's used.
    I remember you saying this before, I could not agree more. I mean, sure, you can end up with a crappy pair of USB headphones just like with the 3.5mm ones, you can't blame it on the port.

It'd be nice if one of these companies were to make a two pair of the same headphones, with one pair sporting USB and another one old 3.5mm jack. That should be a legit test to show if there's a notable difference.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-07-2017 10:47 AM
    Wireless charging has one major fault... it's not easily portable and there isn't always a place to plug it in. The other fault is your device has to stay on the charger. This is not really convenient.

So this is where having one USB port fails if you wish to charge and listen to music at the same time.

Of course the push for better wireless headphones is what's going to happen. Which I don't object to.
    Now, I can't remember if I heard this in Techno Buffalo's video, or it was a totally different source, but they were talking about wireless charging without the 'plates". Now that'd be a game changer.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-07-2017 10:49 AM
    Yay the Swappa sale of the Pixel has been completed! Gladly welcoming that change back into my account. Phew.
    Finally some good news from your side :D.
    06-07-2017 10:49 AM
    I was going to write a large reply but I just don't have the time today. But I thought I'd clarify this bit.

I don't remember where I read/saw this from. It could have been a video, article, book or comment on a forum. I'm not sure. There was some 'backing' to it but I don't fully recall what it was. I've read/seen a lot of things on religion in general so it could have been anywhere.

As with most religions a lot of the information about things is rather sketchy. From my understanding the Quran was written quite a while after his death. Also, from what I've read, there is a few scholars who think there's a possibility that he never really existed as a person. Kind of similar to Jesus, there's a bit of contention on that. Along with a lot of the other main religious figures in the Bible/Torah.
    Yeah it was a quite some time after his death, that led to issues I wrote about in my previous post.

Of course you can never prove if any of them existed, you just believe in it. That's why it's called faith.
    06-07-2017 10:53 AM
    For some reason, I've always loved this music video. It gives kind of a nostalgia feeling.

azcruz likes this.
    06-07-2017 10:54 AM
    Finally some good news from your side :D.
    Thanks! Really glad for this, obviously because it's a good chunk of money, but also since it means that I don't have to worry about it anymore.
    Rose640 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-07-2017 10:54 AM
    Thanks! Really glad for this, obviously because it's a good chunk of money, but also since it means that I don't have to worry about it anymore.
    So are you going to wait for the iPhone X, or whatever it's called, to trade in for your 7? Is it even possible, since it's still not payed off?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-07-2017 11:05 AM
    So are you going to wait for the iPhone X, or whatever it's called, to trade in for your 7? Is it even possible, since it's still not payed off?
    Yep, that is what I will do (not on launch day or week though). I should be able to trade it in. I have done it once with Apple at the Apple Store and I remember that only 3 things were needed. The device powers on, the screen isn't cracked and Find My Phone is turned off. They recycle the devices anyway so it shouldn't matter ideally.
    06-07-2017 11:16 AM
    Yep, that is what I will do (not on launch day or week though). I should be able to trade it in. I have done it once with Apple at the Apple Store and I remember that only 3 things were needed. The device powers on, the screen isn't cracked and Find My Phone is turned off. They recycle the devices anyway so it shouldn't matter ideally.
    Remember real Apple Juice is only available from Apple.
    06-07-2017 11:44 AM
    Remember real Apple Juice is only available from Apple.
    Haha, I remember. I'll deal with it in October maybe.
    06-07-2017 11:45 AM
    I caved in and opened the Orchid Grey Galaxy S8 box. Setting it up now (will take an eternity to download the apps on the work guest Wi-Fi). Hopefully I should be able to use it starting tomorrow on the spare line. Will have two more phones to play with this weekend. Old ones so nothing to write home about.
    06-07-2017 01:11 PM
    I caved in and opened the Orchid Grey Galaxy S8 box. Setting it up now (will take an eternity to download the apps on the work guest Wi-Fi). Hopefully I should be able to use it starting tomorrow on the spare line. Will have two more phones to play with this weekend. Old ones so nothing to write home about.
    Old phones are always the most fun to play with. They remind you how much technology has progressed in such short order.

That being said, I'm playing with an "old" Moto Nexus 6 since I've never used a "pure" Android. Let me tell you, it's making a strong case for me to return the S8+ I just bought 2 days ago. Despite having 1GB less RAM and running an archaic SD805 chip, it's painfully evident what an OEM skin like TouchWiz can do to a phone's performance. This Nexus flat flies. News at 11, stay tuned.
    06-07-2017 01:20 PM
    I also pinged TMO on Twitter via DM to help me unlock both the Galaxy S8 devices that I purchased via the BOGO deal.
    Let's see how that goes. In the meantime, apparently work folks have updated the Wi-Fi drastically because I am 70% through with all of my apps being installed on the Galaxy S8.
    06-07-2017 01:24 PM
    I also pinged TMO on Twitter via DM to help me unlock both the Galaxy S8 devices that I purchased via the BOGO deal.
    Let's see how that goes. In the meantime, apparently work folks have updated the Wi-Fi drastically because I am 70% through with all of my apps being installed on the Galaxy S8.
    Nice! That's what up! Have fun with that beautiful and shiny S8!
    Good luck with the unlocking.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-07-2017 01:54 PM
    Old phones are always the most fun to play with. They remind you how much technology has progressed in such short order.

That being said, I'm playing with an "old" Moto Nexus 6 since I've never used a "pure" Android. Let me tell you, it's making a strong case for me to return the S8+ I just bought 2 days ago. Despite having 1GB less RAM and running an archaic SD805 chip, it's painfully evident what an OEM skin like TouchWiz can do to a phone's performance. This Nexus flat flies. News at 11, stay tuned.
    Turning off some of transitions of the Prive makes that phone fly, I've heard...
    06-07-2017 02:02 PM
    So I got 19 hours on my iPhone 7 and of course my battery case is dead. (charging now though, but I can expect that for a while, I will be charging it on and off doing my runarounds again. It meaning the case, that is.) Phone should be ready to go by the time I leave today.

I think I might consider something crazy and not get lightning headphones since I would be getting another phone in a couple of months. Why buy if I could get a new one by upgrading later and it comes with for free?
    Last edited by libra89; 06-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    06-07-2017 02:17 PM
    Turning off some of transitions of the Prive makes that phone fly, I've heard...
    Actually any Android. It's in the Developer Options section of settings. Instead of turning them off completely, set the animation scales to 0.5 and you're good to go.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-07-2017 04:36 PM
    This bank of 166 years in existence claimed they rolled back the transactions and now some people are millionaires and a few are billionaires. They appealed to their depositors not to withdraw the money. Ha ha. Just crazy.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    06-07-2017 04:44 PM
    Actually any Android. It's in the Developer Options section of settings. Instead of turning them off completely, set the animation scales to 0.5 and you're good to go.
    I remember, but people saw marked improvement for the Priv when they did that...
    06-07-2017 05:05 PM
    This bank of 166 years in existence claimed they rolled back the transactions and now some people are millionaires and a few are billionaires. They appealed to their depositors not to withdraw the money. Ha ha. Just crazy.
    Good luck with that. Guess the bankers weren't as smart as people thought...what a goof...
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-07-2017 05:06 PM
143,629 ... 53725373537453755376 ...