I want a great camera, good battery life or minimum fast charge. Will use for both work and play so productivity is always big on my mind as I hammer through a lot of emails and things.
    Ok. That's a lot. Depends on where you want to make some trade off, but you've got a good list to pick from. Seems though if you don't mind Samsung, this smells like a Note phone...
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2017 05:59 PM
    They don't make chips all that hot I think for legal reasons.

Doritos had this mix bag over here where there were some hot spicy ones in it. They called them Roulettes. They weren't that hot and spicy but still got complaints.

Then again, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to hot and spicy.
    Hmm, sounds like you are talking from experience (in reference to the hot and spicy thing). I'm curious.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2017 06:10 PM
    well found the KEYone at a store today. none actually in stock but one on display. Nice looking device. Seems a touch slower than the S8 but nothing major.
    Ooh very cool. I hope you find your device middle ground. MIA or 99 (or both of them really) would help here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2017 06:11 PM
    Opened the Moto G5 Plus, it feels a little wide.

Early impressions:
    -The Gold is really gold. I mean, it's a little deeper than the iPhone gold imo.
    -I really like how clean it is, it looks like there's only 2 Moto apps.
    -Not sure why I can't uninstall Duo (I disabled it though).
    -Camera is OK with my play tests.
    -It feels wide to me to use with one hand.
    -The one button navigation is interesting. (I just had to try it)
    -It's an interesting adjustment that the single speaker is at the top.

I guess I should redownload all of my apps again. Ah, I really don't feel like it though.
    Last edited by libra89; 06-20-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    06-20-2017 06:35 PM
    Opened the Moto G5 Plus, it feels a little wide.

Early impressions:
    -The Gold is really gold. I mean, it's a little deeper than the iPhone gold imo.
    -I really like how clean it is, it looks like there's only 2 Moto apps.
    -Not sure why I can't uninstall Duo (I disabled it though).
    -Camera is OK with my play tests.
    -It feels wide to me to use with one hand.
    -The one button navigation is interesting. (I just had to try it)
    -It's an interesting adjustment that the single speaker is at the top.

I guess I should redownload all of my apps again. Ah, I really don't feel like it though.
    "It feels wide to me to use with one hand" - She said.

(But I thought you could adjust to make it work?)

Now that's out of the way, Moto uses a AOSP like build. Therefore some apps we could junk like Duo don't get the uninstall treatment. Also, I think Google has changed what combo of apps OEMs need to allow to pass certification. So it could be that.

It's a solid phone for the $ for sure. I'll be interested to see how that works for you as you test it.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-20-2017 06:58 PM
    I finally got around to starting my '70s funk playlist. Boy, it's fun to groove to, 26 songs in...
    06-20-2017 07:33 PM
    "It feels wide to me to use with one hand" - She said.

(But I thought you could adjust to make it work?)

Now that's out of the way, Moto uses a AOSP like build. Therefore some apps we could junk like Duo don't get the uninstall treatment. Also, I think Google has changed what combo of apps OEMs need to allow to pass certification. So it could be that.

It's a solid phone for the $ for sure. I'll be interested to see how that works for you as you test it.
    I don't know, we'll see.

It's either one button navigation or small screen temporarily.

I have noticed that and I think you are right about that. The question is what sim I should put in this phone for the few weeks I have it.

I totally agree about the value, it's amazing.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-20-2017 07:59 PM
    I finally got around to starting my '70s funk playlist. Boy, it's fun to groove to, 26 songs in...
    Nice, that sounds like a good time!
    06-20-2017 08:01 PM
    Not to speak for Laura or anyone else for that matter.

Though your sentiment is nice, that's not what depression is. In reality, there's still lots of research to be done into it. It's a very complex condition since it involves our most important organ, our brain.

Currently we use drugs to help. There's some scepticism of whether these actually work or are good. At this stage, the consensus is that it's 'better than nothing' as they are shown to help. The bad part of these drugs tend to be the side effects.

Unfortunately these drugs are being dished out far too easily (most professionals agree with this) and I highly disagree with that. Everyone has bad times, that's part of life, using drugs doesn't solve the problem.

For some people however, these drugs can be a life saver and life changer. I don't believe though that they should be a long term solution and counselling should be part of the package.

Seeking help is usually the first step to recovery. Sometimes even realising you need help is the hard part.

Depression is a mental condition that can have serious consequences which can lead to physical harm if not treated. It's more than just about the past, the present or the future. It's a combination of things that we simply don't understand. As we simply don't know why someone feels like they do. What causes it and what to do exactly to fix it. That's the simple reality. We have 'ideas' that work but it's not perfect. Each person's situation and condition is unique. There is no simple solution.

That's where we are with mental health. We're still at early stages because it's one of those things that doesn't get discussed enough. That's not to say it's all bad, it's actually good that we have solutions that work. Just need to be better.
    What you've stated is spot-on.

Depression is more than just an issue that requires positive thinking. It's more like a situation where one knows what should make one feel better but cannot even do that. For example, a person might know that taking a shower and going for a walk on a nice day is enjoyable and feels good, but he or she cannot even get the energy to get out of bed, take a shower, and go for a walk. There might even be physical pain along with the lack of energy. Also, anxiety frequently accompanies depression, so there might also be thoughts of dreading leaving one's house to take a walk. There are many other symptoms, but those two are some common examples.
    06-20-2017 08:08 PM
    What you've stated is spot-on.

Depression is more than just an issue that requires positive thinking. It's more like a situation where one knows what should make one feel better but cannot even do that. For example, a person might know that taking a shower and going for a walk on a nice day is enjoyable and feels good, but he or she cannot even get the energy to get out of bed, take a shower, and go for a walk. There might even be physical pain along with the lack of energy. Also, anxiety frequently accompanies depression, so there might also be thoughts of dreading leaving one's house to take a walk. There are many other symptoms, but those two are some common examples.
    Ibid.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-20-2017 08:32 PM
    I am so tempted to put my main sim in this phone but I'm going to put in my second sim instead. More apps than my Lumia, haha.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-20-2017 10:34 PM
    Hmm, sounds like you are talking from experience (in reference to the hot and spicy thing). I'm curious.
    I like hot and spicy food.

Indian, Thai, or whatever.

I'm not one of those crazy people that goes and eats the hottest thing they can find but I can usually handle it quite hot.

I don't eat hot and spicy food all the time either so I do go through dry spells and have to sort train myself up again to handle it hotter.

To me it's about taste but you have to get through the heat first. That takes practice. Sounds silly but it's true. When I'm in form I can usually detect all the flavours well which tends to startle people. Most can't get over the heat.

If you like chillies, try freezing them to keep them longer, but beware that the heat from the membrane inside and seeds (the hottest parts) seeps out onto the flesh making the chilli seem hotter. What happens is the cell walls break down a touch and the capsaicin gets absorbed.

To use the chilli from the freezer just run it under water then chop. It's still a little frozen but easier to slice.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-21-2017 at 01:38 AM.
    06-20-2017 11:28 PM
    So a little bit of a funny story...

Our cat lately has started sleeping in our bed. This is a new thing and hopefully not permanent.

Anyway, some times she can be a bit demanding and when she doesn't get her way tends to go sulk or find something to do. So the other night she got annoyed she wasn't being petted enough so sulked off to the second bedroom (my wife's office) and started playing with the paper shredder... this hasn't happened before. This is one of those times you wish you had your phone with you.

I don't think she would have really hurt herself with it, it's a fairly small slot but my wife was freaked! We'll have to make sure things are shut off now.

Also this morning was seagull morning (garbage collection) she was running around the house trying to look at them. LOL!

What a cat.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-21-2017 at 03:48 AM.
    06-21-2017 02:42 AM
    Ohh okay. It must have been fun or at least addictive to play for so long. Wow.
    It was, not anymore :D.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:39 AM
    The only thing I hate about new phones i re-downloading apps and setting it up as it used to be.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2017 04:42 AM
    The only thing I hate about new phones i re-downloading apps and setting it up as it used to be.
    I don't mind it personally. I typically see if there's a new way of using my phone.
    Rose640, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2017 04:43 AM
    When you're done, write down some of them, I'd like to hear a good funk. Always been a fan of genre, just never had time to explore.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:44 AM
    When you're done, write down some of them, I'd like to hear a good funk. Always been a fan of genre, just never had time to explore.
    If you use TuneIn Radio there's a station called Diva Radio that is all funk. It covers everything from classics to modern. Also has some unique mixes.

But yeah I want the list as well... :D
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2017 04:47 AM
    I don't mind it personally. I typically see if there's a new way of using my phone.
    I have a set of around 10 apps that I'm using all the time. And it's pretty much only these apps that I'm using at all.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:47 AM
    If you use TuneIn Radio there's a station called Diva Radio that is all funk. It covers everything from classics to modern. Also has some unique mixes.

But yeah I want the list as well... :D
    Will check TuneIn, altough I'm not a fan of radios. But yup, the list is what we're waiting for.
    06-21-2017 04:48 AM
    Small reminder to me: Never drive with my mum again. Ever.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:49 AM
    Will check TuneIn, altough I'm not a fan of radios. But yup, the list is what we're waiting for.
    It's not a typical 'radio' station there's no not much in the way of commercials or talking.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:50 AM
    So, 8GB of RAM? My PC has two for comparison.
    06-21-2017 04:50 AM
    It's not a typical 'radio' station there's no not much in the way of commercials or talking.
    Adds are the main issue to me. I hate when song's beeing interrupted. I'm more of a comedy talk-show-like radio fan.
    06-21-2017 04:52 AM
    Adds are the main issue to me. I hate when song's beeing interrupted. I'm more of a comedy talk-show-like radio fan.
    There's virtually none just some 'you're listening to Diva Radio' kind of things.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:53 AM
144,449 ... 54015402540354045405 ...