The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Free gogo Internet thanks to TMO is awesome!
    I hope you have better luck with it than I did. About 45 minutes before touching down I tried calling my wife to pick me up and the only service that worked was BBM. No WiFi calling, no Skype, no Whatsapp, no nothing. The internet worked fine but voice calling was a chore.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-2017 01:52 PM
    I hope you have better luck with it than I did. About 45 minutes before touching down I tried calling my wife to pick me up and the only service that worked was BBM. No WiFi calling, no Skype, no Whatsapp, no nothing. The internet worked fine but voice calling was a chore.
    I mostly use it for text, WhatsApp, Tapatalk and Twitter.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    07-11-2017 02:04 PM
    On second thought, I think I might like the idea of the Q6 more than the actual phone. The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (with the only seller I can get one from) got a price drop today and stock is low so I'm going to try it. I'm going to just keep it stored in a safe location so that I can try it after everything ends.

Edit: I know that it has 16gb, we'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by libra89; 07-11-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-11-2017 02:27 PM
    Why are you greasing the skids so much?
    She doesn't need me to grease the skids...she's clearly proven she can do that all by herself.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-2017 04:59 PM
    On second thought, I think I might like the idea of the Q6 more than the actual phone. The Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (with the only seller I can get one from) got a price drop today and stock is low so I'm going to try it. I'm going to just keep it stored in a safe location so that I can try it after everything ends.

Edit: I know that it has 16gb, we'll see how that goes.
    *sigh*
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-11-2017 05:10 PM
    *sigh*
    This was going to happen. Now that I have switched carriers, this phone has all of the needed bands (no band 12 for Tmo though) so I should be just fine.

I'm glad that I waited for the price to drop since it's so hard to get. I hope I like it but we'll see after everything is done along with the cleaning and the guests going back home. I have never had a Samsung phone before so that will be interesting.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-11-2017 05:48 PM
    This was going to happen. Now that I have switched carriers, this phone has all of the needed bands (no band 12 for Tmo though) so I should be just fine.

I'm glad that I waited for the price to drop since it's so hard to get. I hope I like it but we'll see after everything is done along with the cleaning and the guests going back home. I have never had a Samsung phone before so that will be interesting.
    I hope this one works for you. Heard the A5 is a decent phone.

Still say you may want to streamline your compulsions as an enthusiastic tech person, but that's just me...
    07-11-2017 05:51 PM
    I hope this one works for you. Heard the A5 is a decent phone.

Still say you may want to streamline your compulsions as an enthusiastic tech person, but that's just me...
    Thank you. The A5 is essentially a normal sized phone to me so I wasn't interested.

I can get you on that but I have been talking myself in and out of this phone since I first found out about it. This is one of those times when I need to see it for myself. Straight out of options otherwise.
    07-11-2017 09:16 PM
    Thank you. The A5 is essentially a normal sized phone to me so I wasn't interested.

I can get you on that but I have been talking myself in and out of this phone since I first found out about it. This is one of those times when I need to see it for myself. Straight out of options otherwise.
    Something will always come along and you will go back through this cycle again. I guess until you settle on what you want and why you flip flop, it'll be like riding the waves as surfers do.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2017 09:18 PM
    Something will always come along and you will go back through this cycle again. I guess until you settle on what you want and why you flip flop, it'll be like riding the waves as surfers do.
    Yep, I think you're right about that. The SE is a solid middle ground but I want the best middle ground. The Pixel was the closest I had to it for the most part. The SE is behind it, but just because of the front camera.
    07-11-2017 09:26 PM
    Yep, I think you're right about that. The SE is a solid middle ground but I want the best middle ground. The Pixel was the closest I had to it for the most part. The SE is behind it, but just because of the front camera.
    I honestly got out of the market but kept getting some interesting offers.

I'm going to watch the market for the G6+. The reason why that appeals to me is I love the wide angle lens on the V20, but some shots I took would have looked better with a narrow field of view and lens barrel disortion/fish eye look. If I were to be looking at more of an old school phone, I'd get a Key One instantly. But I still want to have the ability to do a few things so hardware wise the G6+ has what I want.

But you've got to find what works for you.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2017 09:32 PM
    I honestly got out of the market but kept getting some interesting offers.

I'm going to watch the market for the G6+. The reason why that appeals to me is I love the wide angle lens on the V20, but some shots I took would have looked better with a narrow field of view and lens barrel disortion/fish eye look. If I were to be looking at more of an old school phone, I'd get a Key One instantly. But I still want to have the ability to do a few things so hardware wise the G6+ has what I want.

But you've got to find what works for you.
    I can imagine that has been happening for you. I think you would have fun with a phone like the G6+ and all that it packs.

Yeah, that's really what I would like to do. Like fatclue_98 said earlier, it's hard to settle when I know that there's an opportunity to have what works best for me. It's just unfortunate that small options are basically reducing massively but I knew that I would be disappointed in myself for at least not taking this chance before it's permanently gone. That battery life is apparently great and that would be nice for someone like me.
    Last edited by libra89; 07-11-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-11-2017 09:50 PM
    A decision has been made. My cousin will NOT be sleeping in my room. She will be sleeping in another room, which I'm glad for. I still give up my bed but it's for my dad's college friend and his wife and I'm okay with them.
    When I was little, they offered us a place to sleep in their house even though they have 2 daughters, for one night.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    07-11-2017 09:54 PM
    Ohh okay, I see. Sounds like you two are just ready to do it.
    Are we ready to do it? Yes. Is everything in place? No.

There's a lot to be done before any idea of 'success' will come of this but truth is, this is about change in lifestyle as much as changing countries. We still need to develop a full plan but the first parts of it are straightforward. Find place to live in France. Minor renovations. Sell house in UK at same time. Move. Renovate some more.

After that we have other ideas but that's the starting point.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-12-2017 01:43 AM
    So we're set for the weekend.

Travel booked. Car booked. Accommodation booked. Unfortunately not that cheap but hey, that's life.

Estate agent booked. He was nice enough to meet us on his day off. :)

Weather is looking nice though... low 30C. :)
    07-12-2017 01:47 AM
    So we're set for the weekend.

Travel booked. Car booked. Accommodation booked. Unfortunately not that cheap but hey, that's life.

Estate agent booked. He was nice enough to meet us on his day off. :)

Weather is looking nice though... low 30C. :)
    Good luck!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-12-2017 07:21 AM

There's a lot to be done before any idea of 'success' will come of this but truth is, this is about change in lifestyle as much as changing countries. We still need to develop a full plan but the first parts of it are straightforward. Find place to live in France. Minor renovations. Sell house in UK at same time. Move. Renovate some more.

Sounds like it. I wish you the best with this process.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-12-2017 07:22 AM
    Good morning everyone. Off to Iowa on a 4 hour drive.
    07-12-2017 07:29 AM
    For anyone interested in science, climate and just has a general interest.

Larsen C ice shelf has broken off. It's a big iceberg! Not the biggest, but a good chunk. Approx 3600 square miles (5800 square kilometres).
    07-12-2017 07:34 AM
    Good luck!
    It's a mixture of business and pleasure. :) A mini break that just happens to line up with viewing a house. :P
    07-12-2017 07:40 AM
    Enjoy and have a safe trip.
    07-12-2017 07:58 AM
    Have a safe trip! Wow Iowa...
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-12-2017 09:53 AM
    Ahh I hate when sellers add signature confirmation without any heads up. I get it, but it's also a pain. Now I have to pay to hold the package at the post office. Here I was hoping that it will just sit in the locked mailbox but thanks to this signature, that's not going to happen. Friday isn't going to happen, Saturday no one will be present, and Monday isn't likely.

I do hope that this phone is worth it, since I recall hearing that after a number of attempts (3 I believe), it's sent back?

Oh I just realized something. They would probably leave a note and I could have used that note to get it...I feel silly now. On the flip side of that, how many attempts will it take for them to leave a note when I could just get it? Either way, I'll learn from this.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-12-2017 09:58 AM
    Going to visit a micro molding supplier. Supposedly one of the best in business.
    07-12-2017 01:05 PM

Good luck with everything! Do you have a job lined up?
    fatclue_98, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    07-12-2017 03:19 PM
142,852 ... 54335434543554365437 ...