So I'm in France, at a hotel. We flew in last last night, got here at almost 21:30, I think...

Was an annoying trip. Plane was late, then it left late as well. Took forever to get off the tarmac.

That was after a long drive to get to the airport through rush hour traffic. I left straight after work and picked up my wife along the way.

At least we're here now. 😀
    07-15-2017 01:36 AM
    The best part of flying that late at night? Sunset.
    07-15-2017 01:37 AM
    Your memory is good. I typically will call this place an eyesore every chance ce I I get, and have mentioned that here before.
    That's what I though :D.
    07-15-2017 02:08 AM
    I respectfully disagree. Nothing wrong with going the telephoto approach because the two issues with smartphone cameras are lossless zoom and not fitting enough scenery in a shot. I personally prefer having the LG approach because I don't zoom into shots enough...but there have been the occasional instance where I wish I could have lossless zoom.
    I can see it being helpful in certain scenarios, but I'd take the wide angle lens over the telephoto one at any time a day.

Also,I find the "bokeh" effect second camera to be a total waste of resources. At many occasions the blur isn't even good at all. In cheap Chinese phones, it's almost as the blur's done by software, not the camera itself.

I wonder what's Samsung going to do.
    07-15-2017 02:13 AM
    Those look great.
    07-15-2017 02:14 AM
    07-15-2017 03:55 PM
    So mad at myself!
    Forgot my tablet and headphones on the plane!
    Let's see if I get them back.
    Did remotely lock the device.
    Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope an honest person found them.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-15-2017 03:56 PM
    That's lovely. 😊
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    07-15-2017 03:57 PM
    Yikes! Who designed that monstrosity?😱
    Assuming this stuffs is accurate:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclays_Center#Design
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    07-15-2017 04:04 PM
    I've work in a company with two bosses, is, a brother and sister, who don't always see eye-to-eye... After the yearly appraisals and KPI are done, comes the handing out bonuses. ...

One of them would hand-write on the appraisals, say 2 months, or 3 months cos the staff is on his/her team and he/she deemed that's what you should get... Then the other would have his/her way and re-assess the appraisal...

And knowing most owners, the bonus won't be increased. He/she would amend the by adding " 1/ " ... so if you're on the good books of one of the siblings and was originally suppose to receive 2 months, would end up with a measly ½ month..

It's true, it's true....

...!!
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-15-2017 10:08 PM
    The French house we went to look at is in a lovely part of France. It doesn't have much in the way of tourist attractions but they're not that far away.

It's been nice being here. The house is in worse condition than a thought but it's not insurmountable. Just need to crunch the numbers and figure out the best course of action.

You really can't complain when you think of what you get for the money here. The renovation is going to end up being a marathon rather than a sprint.

Investing times. We haven't made an offer yet but we will once we have confirmed a couple of things.
    07-16-2017 03:29 AM
    Back from the beach

and later to another just for the sunset

No edits

...!!
    MSFTisMIA, libra89, TgeekB and 3 others like this.
    07-16-2017 07:30 AM
    Hey everyone, I have been quiet because this is the weekend of the wedding. At the moment, I have some time to kill because I'm waiting for her and her husband to wake up so we can check out.

Going to break the days into two separate posts. Speaking of posts, I plan to catch up soon, preferably on a computer. Both days went well though.
    07-16-2017 08:13 AM
    I am tired and sore from the chores. And am back on a red-eye flight to DC tonight. Getting too old for this.
    07-16-2017 09:01 AM
    It was so hot today! 32C.

Good day to visit a sand dune?

07-16-2017 03:13 PM
    Hello from Croatia ;)
    07-16-2017 03:38 PM
    Also, thank you google, very useful
    Btw. It means : I would like to check-in ;)
    07-16-2017 03:39 PM
    Will we still get a mini review for the Moto Z? This picture looks very nice.
    07-16-2017 03:40 PM
    Will we still get a mini review for the Moto Z? This picture looks very nice.
    You will but not sure if this weekend, decided to wait until I test camera a bit more since I didn't have much chance at home ;)
    07-16-2017 03:42 PM
    You will but not sure if this weekend, decided to wait until I test camera a bit more since I didn't have much chance at home ;)
    Nice. No rush as usual. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    07-16-2017 03:43 PM
    I have work in the morning (and I'm tired) but I never sleep this early so be prepared for a couple of posts...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2017 09:58 PM
    Entrance exam's done. Preliminary results say I'm definitely in. And thanks to my dad's war status I'll have the free scolarship.
    Wow double congrats on getting in and the scholarship!
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    07-16-2017 09:59 PM
    One of the reasons why I was attracted to the Key One is that I wanted to go back to blogging in the go again, where I used to write drafts in the app and not always sit by the T100 to do it. It really sucks when you've got a large screen that gets chopped in half due to the damn keyboard. Still, the DAC on the V20 helps make the creative process a bit more manageable​ on the go. I'm keeping things to two entries a week right now, so it's not so bad...
    Ooh I would have never guessed that this was one of your reasons for liking the KeyOne. That's a great point about the keyboard taking up half of the screen. It must be nice in the KeyOne to not have to deal with that much but I can get the struggle.

I like the two entries a week thing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2017 10:11 PM
    I've work in a company with two bosses, is, a brother and sister, who don't always see eye-to-eye... After the yearly appraisals and KPI are done, comes the handing out bonuses. ...

One of them would hand-write on the appraisals, say 2 months, or 3 months cos the staff is on his/her team and he/she deemed that's what you should get... Then the other would have his/her way and re-assess the appraisal...

And knowing most owners, the bonus won't be increased. He/she would amend the by adding " 1/ " ... so if you're on the good books of one of the siblings and was originally suppose to receive 2 months, would end up with a measly ½ month..

It's true, it's true....

...!!
    This sounds tricky to deal with. I'm guessing that people are just used to those bosses being that way. It makes me wonder how interviews go, or is this just something that appears with bonuses..?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2017 10:16 PM
    Ooh I would have never guessed that this was one of your reasons for liking the KeyOne. That's a great point about the keyboard taking up half of the screen. It must be nice in the KeyOne to not have to deal with that much but I can get the struggle.

I like the two entries a week thing.
    Used to do it as daily enteries but would sit down twice weekly to write, edit and schedule stuff in the heyday. Even now I do that...for example, the material coming out for the next four entries was written in two sit-downs - I did two pieces on Friday on the V20 at a Starbucks.

I found literally writing material daily was too cumbersome and pressure inducing for my tastes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2017 10:19 PM
144,803 ... 54375438543954405441 ...