Thanks for the wishes. It's much better today. I hope it goes away tomorrow because it's really annoying.
    Good to hear that it is better today, maybe this means that tomorrow it should be gone.
    07-18-2017 08:13 AM
    Woke up to a nice rainbow over the Ocean.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...18fcdbb9e9.jpg
    What a pretty sight!
    07-18-2017 08:13 AM
    Wow, you have had quite a weekend. Ooh not bad for the location and land. I'm glad that an English speaker was available to help out with this. Two years is a long time but it sounds like this can work in your favor? Hopefully you can talk them down to a more reasonable price.

The sand dune looks really cool, I'm glad that you shared pictures. I really hope that no one else buys that house, the location sounds great for your future plans and lifestyle to come.
    Believe me when I say this. Two years is nothing in Europe. Europe is literally littered with abandoned houses, some decades ago.

There's people in France who bought ruins and brought them back to life. Some from WWII... to give you an idea.
    07-18-2017 08:16 AM
    Believe me when I say this. Two years is nothing in Europe. Europe is literally littered with abandoned houses, some decades ago.

There's people in France who bought ruins and brought them back to life. Some from WWII... to give you an idea.
    Hmm that's interesting. The more you know...
    07-18-2017 09:13 AM
    My coworkers have been asking me about the wedding and it's been so sweet. It makes me happy all over again talking about it with them and sharing pictures.
    07-18-2017 09:14 AM
    Swing by B&H to do some browsing today since I was in the area running an errand...

Short version is that I'm even more unimpressed about Sony's current design language. Only thing I liked was the XA1 because of the narrower feel to it. Everything else was "meh". That includes the XZ and XZ Premium. The Z Ultra was more comfortable to hold in hand. I'll always like that slightly tapered at the edges design of the Z3 series. The X Compact was ugly as F. The screens were solid and the XZ Premium has a really good panel.

I saw why people liked the Z play. A bit too chunky for me, especially when you slap the battery pack on.

Didn't like the design language of current G series but saw why people liked them.

I liked the Moto Z and would have used one if Moto was better with updates and had really improved the camera.

Still like the G6. Pity it isn't selling, but that's on LG.

Was impressed with how compact the Mate 9 is for its size. I would certainly use one with a smartwatch if I was more into how Huawei does EmUI.

Axon 7 was nice. If I wanted to be different: Axon 7 + Quartz Android Wear watch (both in silver) would do it. Axon 7 mini looked nice but was quite underpowered.

The V20 is still a beast comparatively. It doesn't get that bright outside for my eyes, but it's solid. I tried to look at the firmware version the US unlocked model is at, but they enabled fingerprint sensor access to the settings. Lol. The titanium color is in function beally looking. Silver looks way better.

All in all, I'm waiting to see what the fall lineup looks like. I've narrowed down what I'd get, so let's see.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-18-2017 12:55 PM
    Hard to believe that on 7/22/17 this thread will be four years old.

Harder to believe is Rue posted on the first page...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-18-2017 12:57 PM
    Hard to believe that on 7/22/17 this thread will be four years old.

Harder to believe is Rue posted on the first page...
    Nope.

Muessig, than page 2 Laura. You're on page 6 and I show up on page 8. 99 is sometime later...
    07-18-2017 04:13 PM
    Nope.

Muessig, than page 2 Laura. You're on page 6 and I show up on page 8. 99 is sometime later...
    I showed up around December that year I think. What a long day today.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-18-2017 07:11 PM
    Nope.

Well, forgive me for trying to call you the old man and the sea in these parts...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-18-2017 07:40 PM
    Swing by B&H to do some browsing today since I was in the area running an errand...

Short version is that I'm even more unimpressed about Sony's current design language. Only thing I liked was the XA1 because of the narrower feel to it. Everything else was "meh". That includes the XZ and XZ Premium. The Z Ultra was more comfortable to hold in hand. I'll always like that slightly tapered at the edges design of the Z3 series. The X Compact was ugly as F. The screens were solid and the XZ Premium has a really good panel.

I saw why people liked the Z play. A bit too chunky for me, especially when you slap the battery pack on.

Didn't like the design language of current G series but saw why people liked them.

I liked the Moto Z and would have used one if Moto was better with updates and had really improved the camera.

Still like the G6. Pity it isn't selling, but that's on LG.

Was impressed with how compact the Mate 9 is for its size. I would certainly use one with a smartwatch if I was more into how Huawei does EmUI.

Axon 7 was nice. If I wanted to be different: Axon 7 + Quartz Android Wear watch (both in silver) would do it. Axon 7 mini looked nice but was quite underpowered.

The V20 is still a beast comparatively. It doesn't get that bright outside for my eyes, but it's solid. I tried to look at the firmware version the US unlocked model is at, but they enabled fingerprint sensor access to the settings. Lol. The titanium color is in function beally looking. Silver looks way better.

All in all, I'm waiting to see what the fall lineup looks like. I've narrowed down what I'd get, so let's see.
    The nice thing with the hardware that's out is if you're smart, you can find some good values. The LG G5 is still a great deal, provided you can get it at the right price and don't care about the modularity. The V20 is a good device that's going to get uber cheaper once the V30 comes out.

Honor 8, Axon 7 are still good buys in 2017. Just have to be smart and honest in what you want in a device.
    07-18-2017 07:43 PM
    I plan to try to take on the task of manually updating the V20. I want to see if the latest firmware improves the wide angle performance in low light. The software overall is stable and smooth, as my guess it is the final pre production software.

If I can do this, I may save a few dollars and skip the idea I have. I do like using the V20, just want more out of the camera.
    07-18-2017 07:51 PM
    The nice thing with the hardware that's out is if you're smart, you can find some good values. The LG G5 is still a great deal, provided you can get it at the right price and don't care about the modularity. The V20 is a good device that's going to get uber cheaper once the V30 comes out.

Honor 8, Axon 7 are still good buys in 2017. Just have to be smart and honest in what you want in a device.
    I totally agree about the Honor 8, Axon 7 and V20. I have totally thought about buying the Honor 8 again but I always remember how I feel about the height of it. Regardless, great phones.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-18-2017 08:03 PM
    I plan to try to take on the task of manually updating the V20. I want to see if the latest firmware improves the wide angle performance in low light. The software overall is stable and smooth, as my guess it is the final pre production software.

If I can do this, I may save a few dollars and skip the idea I have. I do like using the V20, just want more out of the camera.
    I wish you good luck!

Wait, what was your idea? I'm unsure if I missed it before when you mentioned it or if you mean in reference to the KeyOne and G6 wants.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-18-2017 08:04 PM
    Wow, I'm finally finished cleaning. Many coolers had to be cleaned from Friday and Saturday together. Now I can play with the E4 I got for one of my aunt's children. Play in this case means seeing how it feels in the hand and how the camera is. I'm curious to feel it out for myself.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-18-2017 08:06 PM
    I wish you good luck!

Wait, what was your idea? I'm unsure if I missed it before when you mentioned it or if you mean in reference to the KeyOne and G6 wants.
    You didn't miss it because I didn't mention it. Too early to talk because the phones I'm looking at are coming out in the fall and there's no guarantee I'll get one.
    07-18-2017 09:03 PM
    I totally agree about the Honor 8, Axon 7 and V20. I have totally thought about buying the Honor 8 again but I always remember how I feel about the height of it. Regardless, great phones.
    You can find good hardware if you know what you want and where to look.
    07-18-2017 09:04 PM
    You didn't miss it because I didn't mention it. Too early to talk because the phones I'm looking at are coming out in the fall and there's no guarantee I'll get one.
    Ah okay. I just wanted to be sure. Sounds like I will find out eventually.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-18-2017 10:15 PM
    Ah okay. I just wanted to be sure. Sounds like I will find out eventually.
    Lot of it depends what happens with the V20. I ordered a second battery for it, so we'll see. I don't feel like I want to compromise on audio or camera too much...so that limits my options to a U11, V20, G6. If I get a Key One, I'd still ask for strong audio and camera as a complimentary device.
    07-18-2017 10:18 PM
    V20's DAC is nice. Connected it to some high end headphones in B&H for testing. Found a pair of $200 Audio Technica cans with a sound profile I liked. Not going to buy them though, but it was a nice experience nonetheless.
    07-18-2017 10:20 PM
    Lot of it depends what happens with the V20. I ordered a second battery for it, so we'll see. I don't feel like I want to compromise on audio or camera too much...so that limits my options to a U11, V20, G6. If I get a Key One, I'd still ask for strong audio and camera as a complimentary device.
    That would help for sure (when it comes to battery life). I'm curious how the updating for the V20 will be for you. Hopefully it will be worth it.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-18-2017 10:28 PM
    I am going to try and pick up a 128GB version Pixel starting next week. While the S8 is working out fine, I think the Pixel meets my requirements slightly better. Also I need to send the Mi6 to my brother, his OPX is getting a bit too old!
    07-19-2017 07:55 AM
    I am going to try and pick up a 128GB version Pixel starting next week. While the S8 is working out fine, I think the Pixel meets my requirements slightly better. Also I need to send the Mi6 to my brother, his OPX is getting a bit too old!
    Your brother is getting the Mi 6? That's very nice upgrade...
    07-19-2017 08:33 AM
    I do like the Pixel. I wished they had a 64GB version. I'd certainly use that as a daily driver and something else for media consumption.
    07-19-2017 08:38 AM
    Another blue one or the color doesn't matter? Wait so will you keep both or sell the S8? You really enjoyed the Pixel so I'm not surprised that you are going back to it.

Ooh the Mi 6 will be a solid upgrade.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-2017 09:16 AM
144,469 ... 54405441544254435444 ...