Buying a house is a pain. Trying to buy one in a foreign country is a right pain...

We're putting our offer in today, before we have confirmation from the architect because we want to ensure that we have something in. We're getting a price breakdown next week from the architect on what needs to be done.

So, currently, offer is going in. Mortgage approval is done. Now it's a wait and see.

This feels all too familiar...
    07-19-2017 09:31 AM
    So I really like the Galaxy A3 2017. So far, the battery life is great. It performs pretty well, and I have no gripes actually (I know, wow). I read the manual (yes I am one of those people that likes to find out what I might not understand) and I learned that there are some useful modes in the camera, including a night mode on both cameras. Calls sound good too. The 16gb thing is just okay. I have a mini gripe in not being able to hide notification content for certain apps but this might be an OS thing. I welcome this gripe over ones I have had with other phones I have tried.

As for the Samsung software, I see why people like the features. There's a lot of them. I like some of them but I'm probably not going to use the rest. I'm really trying not to jump the gun with this phone but I'm kind of obsessed with it already. I can see myself using this phone as a main phone.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    07-19-2017 10:14 AM
    Buying a house is a pain. Trying to buy one in a foreign country is a right pain...

We're putting our offer in today, before we have confirmation from the architect because we want to ensure that we have something in. We're getting a price breakdown next week from the architect on what needs to be done.

So, currently, offer is going in. Mortgage approval is done. Now it's a wait and see.

This feels all too familiar...
    Wow good luck!
    07-19-2017 10:15 AM
    Another blue one or the color doesn't matter? Wait so will you keep both or sell the S8? You really enjoyed the Pixel so I'm not surprised that you are going back to it.

Ooh the Mi 6 will be a solid upgrade.
    If I can find a blue one great. If not, well that's life. I might sell the S8 but who knows. I offered my brother the S8, but he said no. I am excited to test drive the Mi6 though.
    07-19-2017 10:25 AM
    So I really like the Galaxy A3 2017. So far, the battery life is great. It performs pretty well, and I have no gripes actually (I know, wow). I read the manual (yes I am one of those people that likes to find out what I might not understand) and I learned that there are some useful modes in the camera, including a night mode on both cameras. Calls sound good too. The 16gb thing is just okay. I have a mini gripe in not being able to hide notification content for certain apps but this might be an OS thing. I welcome this gripe over ones I have had with other phones I have tried.

As for the Samsung software, I see why people like the features. There's a lot of them. I like some of them but I'm probably not going to use the rest. I'm really trying not to jump the gun with this phone but I'm kind of obsessed with it already. I can see myself using this phone as a main phone.
    Finally?!?
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-19-2017 10:26 AM
    Wow good luck!
    Thanks!

Oh, thanks for the details of the wedding you attended. I'm actually quite fascinated by different cultural weddings. I have a co-worker who is from Iran telling me about her wedding process.

I find them more interesting than the 'typical' English wedding. :P
    07-19-2017 10:34 AM
    If I can find a blue one great. If not, well that's life. I might sell the S8 but who knows. I offered my brother the S8, but he said no. I am excited to test drive the Mi6 though.
    Aw okay, sounds like a plan. I will be looking forward to your Mi6 impressions and thoughts!
    07-19-2017 10:39 AM
    Finally?!?
    I know right?!

Yeah I think this is it. My battery anxiety is real and this really puts it to rest. From yesterday and on one charge:

Also I still like the SE but the front camera was just okay. Having the Pixel and Honor 8 have spoiled me on the quality so I have dealt with it. This makes a solid inbetween.

I'm not trying to ramble but it checks every box.
    07-19-2017 10:52 AM
    Thanks!

Oh, thanks for the details of the wedding you attended. I'm actually quite fascinated by different cultural weddings. I have a co-worker who is from Iran telling me about her wedding process.

I find them more interesting than the 'typical' English wedding. :P
    You're welcome! Thanks for reading. I know it was long but it was a long day. Days really haha
    07-19-2017 10:57 AM
    Finally?!?
    Don't jinx it...lol...
    07-19-2017 11:11 AM
    Smart man, passing on the S8.
    07-19-2017 11:12 AM
    Don't jinx it...lol...
    Haha...this is the only one that checks everything. In fact, I have ordered accessories and I never do that this early in the game.

Additionally, it has been shared (by a Chinese analyst who is usually right apparently) that there will/might not be no SE 2 so there's that. The only compromise that is just okay is the 16gb storage but I knew that going into trying this product.

Edit: I know myself and I'm willing to trade storage (hypothetically since my SE has the same storage) for a better front camera.
    07-19-2017 12:19 PM
    07-19-2017 01:02 PM
    So in the last three days here I have had some interesting food in Puerto Rico. Couple of things stand out.
    The rice and beans here are awesome, way better than any regular Mexican (read Sonoran) or Tex-Mex or fusion Mexican joints in the continental USA. Also today I had a variant on the beans - pigeon peas and squash with rice which were simply amazing. And I don't think folks in USA really know how to make a proper flan as well. I have had three pieces in three different locations and each one was superb!
    07-19-2017 01:45 PM
    So in the last three days here I have had some interesting food in Puerto Rico. Couple of things stand out.
    The rice and beans here are awesome, way better than any regular Mexican (read Sonoran) or Tex-Mex or fusion Mexican joints in the continental USA. Also today I had a variant on the beans - pigeon peas and squash with rice which were simply amazing. And I don't think folks in USA really know how to make a proper flan as well. I have had three pieces in three different locations and each one was superb!
    Puerto Rican rice & beans (arroz con gandules) are alllllmost as good as their Cuban counterparts. Of course, I'm extremely biased. As for finding good flan, ya gotta come to the 305 mi amigo.
    07-19-2017 03:13 PM
    Puerto Rican rice & beans (arroz con gandules) are alllllmost as good as their Cuban counterparts. Of course, I'm extremely biased. As for finding good flan, ya gotta come to the 305 mi amigo.
    Ha, ha. I am always up for good dessert especially Flan!
    Next time in Miami, I will ping you - specifically for Flan and a Cubano.
    07-19-2017 03:50 PM
    Ha, ha. I am always up for good dessert especially Flan!
    Next time in Miami, I will ping you - specifically for Flan and a Cubano.
    Done!

Sent from my Surface 3 on mTalk
    07-19-2017 05:04 PM
    Done!

Actually I am connecting via Miami tomorrow. Too short a layover to venture out of the airport. Any suggestions in the American Airlines terminal for good eats?
    07-19-2017 05:10 PM
    Actually I am connecting via Miami tomorrow. Too short a layover to venture out of the airport. Any suggestions in the American Airlines terminal for good eats?
    I can't remember if it's in the AA terminal or international but seek out "La Carreta". There's one inside of the TSA zone so you won't have to deal with those animals.

worldspy99 likes this.
    07-19-2017 05:33 PM
    Watching a show where the lead dates in the dark. In this case, the people only meet in the light if it is mutual. It sounds really interesting and it could be fun to try out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-2017 08:40 PM
    Watching a show where the lead dates in the dark. In this case, the people only meet in the light if it is mutual. It sounds really interesting and it could be fun to try out.
    That could be interesting but also a bit odd. Although most people don't expect their dates to look perfect to them, of there is no physical attraction at all, that won't work. What happens if these people decide to meet in the light and find they are repulsed by each other?
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    07-19-2017 09:47 PM
    That could be interesting but also a bit odd. Although most people don't expect their dates to look perfect to them, of there is no physical attraction at all, that won't work. What happens if these people decide to meet in the light and find they are repulsed by each other?
    Hmm, that's a great question Laura. That would be awkward for sure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-2017 07:15 AM
    I can't remember if it's in the AA terminal or international but seek out "La Carreta". There's one inside of the TSA zone so you won't have to deal with those animals.

It's in Terminal D by Gate 38. I am flying out of Gate D14 but I have only 1 hour between the two flights. I'll see if I can swing by, if not next time.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    07-20-2017 07:41 AM
    That was an issue back in my clubbing days. The clubs were dark and the only solution was to invite the prospect to the beach the next day. No hidden surprises. Yes, I was a complete dogggggg. Woof!
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-20-2017 08:06 AM
    That was an issue back in my clubbing days. The clubs were dark and the only solution was to invite the prospect to the beach the next day. No hidden surprises. Yes, I was a complete dogggggg. Woof!
    Haha. You will never catch me in a club. If I am in one, it is just because of a bachelorette party or an event is happening there.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-2017 08:43 AM
144,455 ... 54415442544354445445 ...