Rehab! Get this girl an episode on Intervention.

09-12-2017 04:12 PM
    ...I can't with you.

It's between this (the p10), the now cheaper 6s with a battery pack (brick 1.0), and the XZ1 Compact. I know that there's no perfect phone, but I just want a few things in one and also not to carry 2 phones to places "just in case".
    So back to 6s with a battery pack???
    What is wrong with you.
    Just get a Pixel and be done with it. Preferably the 128GB version. Oh and Oreo's PIP implementation is superb, especially with Maps.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-12-2017 04:14 PM
    So back to 6s with a battery pack???
    What is wrong with you.
    Just get a Pixel and be done with it. Preferably the 128GB version. Oh and Oreo's PIP implementation is superb, especially with Maps.
    Haha true. That experience that I have had with a bad one and your experience with having to send in your Pixel has me scared of buying one with issues unknowingly. I don't want to do full price at all with buying one.
    09-12-2017 04:37 PM
    ...I can't with you.

It's between this (the p10), the now cheaper 6s with a battery pack (brick 1.0), and the XZ1 Compact. I know that there's no perfect phone, but I just want a few things in one and also not to carry 2 phones to places "just in case".
    Still sounds like rehab is needed to me...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-12-2017 05:14 PM
    Haha true. That experience that I have had with a bad one and your experience with having to send in your Pixel has me scared of buying one with issues unknowingly. I don't want to do full price at all with buying one.
    Yeah but this one hasn't had any issues. It was a Google refurb one and looks/runs like new. And I bet they are even cheaper now than what I paid for one. Plus battery life on Oreo is better than Nougat at least for me.
    09-12-2017 05:29 PM
    Still sounds like rehab is needed to me...
    Oh? I'm curious to know what your ideal solution would be...lol
    09-12-2017 06:21 PM
    Yeah but this one hasn't had any issues. It was a Google refurb one and looks/runs like new. And I bet they are even cheaper now than what I paid for one. Plus battery life on Oreo is better than Nougat at least for me.
    You got lucky on that. If I could find one like that (I'll have to search properly), I might give it a try. The price is looking nice across the board right now.
    09-12-2017 06:22 PM
    Amy doesn't need rehab where she's currently at...
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-12-2017 06:25 PM
    Hey now, they just have a 6 month cycle versus Apple. Funnily enough the fruit stand ends up making a lot more money though.
    Just saying.
    Sony has as much clue with how to sell devices as a nervous virgin does on what to do during a session with an agitated sex worker...

...just saying.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-12-2017 06:27 PM
    So I got my P10 tonight. At first glance, it looks nice. I remember what was said about the lack of coating on the screen so I'll leave that protector on. I wish that it was the green one but beggars can't be choosers, right?

I can already feel that the Pixel has a height advantage, but in my mind, the P10 feels shorter than the Honor 8 with one hand usage. I'll give it a try for as long as I can tolerate this screen protector.
    Last edited by libra89; 09-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    09-12-2017 06:27 PM
    So I got my P10 tonight. At first glance, it looks nice. I remember what was said about the lack of coating on the screen so I'll leave that protector on. I wish that it was the green one but beggars can't be choosers, right?

I can already feel that the Pixel has a height advantage, but in my mind, the P10 feels shorter than the Honor 8 with one hand usage. I'll give it a try for as long as I can tolerate this screen protector. I
    [2-Pack] Supershieldz for Huawei P10 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [Full Screen Coverage] Supershieldz, Anti-Scratch, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071L8L95J...pUvbUpU3702878

In the event you do decide to keep the P10. I like this style, but not everyone does.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-12-2017 06:44 PM
    [2-Pack] Supershieldz for Huawei P10 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [Full Screen Coverage] Supershieldz, Anti-Scratch, Bubble Free, Lifetime Replacement Warranty (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071L8L95J...pUvbUpU3702879

In the event you do decide to keep the P10. I like this style, but not everyone does.
    Thank you for the link! I'll add it to my wishlist.
    09-12-2017 06:45 PM
    Oh? I'm curious to know what your ideal solution would be...lol
    You prefer smaller phones, so I cannot help.

My rehab comments aren't about the pursuit of what you want, but are related to how you described your pursuit of what you want.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-12-2017 06:57 PM
    You prefer smaller phones, so I cannot help.

My rehab comments aren't about the pursuit of what you want, but are related to how you described your pursuit of what you want.
    Ooh okay, gotcha.
    09-12-2017 07:04 PM
    So, no 7.0 on the Mi Note 2 yet. I'll give it until the end of the month but I may have to go into the convoluted world of flashing files on Xiaomi devices...
    09-12-2017 07:20 PM
    V20 has survived a few drops out of my pocket. I like the phone but sometimes it's a bit too big for its own good...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-12-2017 07:29 PM
    V20 has survived a few drops out of my pocket. I like the phone but sometimes it's a bit too big for its own good...
    I find the V20 less bulky and easier to hold than the MXPE. I have a clear case from Speck for the V20, but most of the time I use it without a case, with only a tempered glass screen protector. I think the thickness and the curved back of the MXPE was more bulky and awkward to hold compared to the V20.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-12-2017 07:54 PM
    Looks like Apple reinvented charging phones without cables.
    09-12-2017 07:56 PM
    Saw one of my new colleagues eyeballing that iPhone 10 hard at her desk...lol. I'll wait until 99 reviews it before I comment.
    09-12-2017 08:02 PM
    I find the V20 less bulky and easier to hold than the MXPE. I have a clear case from Speck for the V20, but most of the time I use it without a case, with only a tempered glass screen protector. I think the thickness and the curved back of the MXPE was more bulky and awkward to hold compared to the V20.
    Mine has slid put my work slacks a few times, hence the drops. That I'm not a fan of at all. Having used the Mi Note 2 beforehand, I find that phone (along with the 950 XL) to be comparatively more compact.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-12-2017 08:03 PM
    Mine has slid put my work slacks a few times, hence the drops. That I'm not a fan of at all. Having used the Mi Note 2 beforehand, I find that phone (along with the 950 XL) to be comparatively more compact.
    I haven't had any issues so far, but the size is the same as the MXPE. However, the V20 is easier to hold once it's in my hand and out of my pocket. I typically wear Levi's 501 original fit, and the phone goes in my left front pocket without anything else in that pocket.
    09-12-2017 08:09 PM
    I haven't had any issues so far, but the size is the same as the MXPE. However, the V20 is easier to hold once it's in my hand and out of my pocket. I typically wear Levi's 501 original fit, and the phone goes in my left front pocket without anything else in that pocket.
    I only keep my phone on my front pocket. Because I'm stuck with the 6S, when I'm on the clock it's in a holster case.

I'd still prefer something a little more compact, but not much is out there with the audio chops of the V20...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:14 PM
    The P10 feels big. I don't know about it. Not loving it or hating it, actually it feels like how I felt about the iPhone 7, which isn't good. Considering returning it...

My low light play shots are hit or miss. Not as bad as Sony but I feel like there's a slight yellow overcast which isn't present even in the A3. It feels different than the Honor 8 did. :/
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-12-2017 08:35 PM
    My freebie from the carrier ... Can't wait to rid of it and use the cash for something else

... !
    09-12-2017 08:59 PM
    My freebie from the carrier ... Can't wait to rid of it and use the cash for something else

https://i.imgur.com/SJBAbom.jpg

... !
    Sounds like a plan. Good luck with your sale!
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    09-12-2017 09:06 PM
144,422 ... 54885489549054915492 ...