WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sweet enjoy your day off :) as for me back to school and get the root bear float heheh
An interesting fact for you, root beer (or in your case, root bear) is not common here or in Australia.

Enjoy your float. :)

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Glastonbury was this weekend. I know some people don't know of this music festival but it's probably one of the biggest in the world.

I didn't go this year but we're seriously thinking of going in the next two years.

Sahib's favourite artist Kanye West was the headliner on Saturday. Along with the usual controversy that goes with him. I wasn't overly excited about his act but apparently he managed not to be a total jerk during his show. I think those who like him thought the show was great where people like me would have been bored stiff.

I didn't catch much of Glastonbury but the times I did turn on the TV I managed to catch a group I never heard of and two I did. All relatively new to me.

Not sure if you know these groups but just thought I would put them out there if you're looking for some new music.

Wolf Alice

British band headed by a great female guitarist. They're an 'alternative' group, a bit on the edgy side but they're good. Highly recommend. They were great live and their studio album is great too.

Score: 9/10

Everything Everything

A British alternative band that I've heard some music from before but didn't realise it. I've heard them live twice now. Great band. Little sceptical on the singer though. The studio albums are great.

Score: 8/10

Alabama Shakes

American band lead by another great female guitarists. I've seen these guys live three times now on TV and they're amazing. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to the studio album. Highly recommend catching them live if you can.

Score: 7/10

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Glastonbury was this weekend. I know some people don't know of this music festival but it's probably one of the biggest in the world.

I didn't go this year but we're seriously thinking of going in the next two years.

Sahib's favourite artist Kanye West was the headliner on Saturday. Along with the usual controversy that goes with him. I wasn't overly excited about his act but apparently he managed not to be a total jerk during his show. I think those who like him thought the show was great where people like me would have been bored stiff.

I didn't catch much of Glastonbury but the times I did turn on the TV I managed to catch a group I never heard of and two I did. All relatively new to me.

Not sure if you know these groups but just thought I would put them out there if you're looking for some new music.

Wolf Alice

British band headed by a great female guitarist. They're an 'alternative' group, a bit on the edgy side but they're good. Highly recommend. They were great live and their studio album is great too.

Score: 9/10

Everything Everything

A British alternative band that I've heard some music from before but didn't realise it. I've heard them live twice now. Great band. Little sceptical on the singer though. The studio albums are great.

Score: 8/10

Alabama Shakes

American band lead by another great female guitarists. I've seen these guys live three times now on TV and they're amazing. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to the studio album. Highly recommend catching them live if you can.

Score: 7/10

So what was Kayne's grade?

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Shorter week because of the holiday. Longer week next week because of the holiday.

They all feel the same to me...oh well...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So what was Kayne's grade?

Posted via Xperia Z3

I didn't think it fair for me to score him as I'm not partial to his music at all. I don't get into his high opinion of himself either. Greatest living rock star? Really? I caught the first song he did and the TV went off, I wasn't really impressed. I'll give him cred for doing a one man act on stage but that's about it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't think it fair for me to score him as I'm not partial to his music at all. I don't get into his high opinion of himself either. Greatest living rock star? Really? I caught the first song he did and the TV went off, I wasn't really impressed. I'll give him cred for doing a one man act on stage but that's about it.

Lol!

Seriously, I liked his stuff more pre-Kim K. I do have his last album - I think (listening to it as I type this). His production is always top notch (he's still a great music producer), knows his genre very well, has a good understanding of the historical elements and current social references he weaves into his work. The dude has an ear for music.

The other **** he does is just hype.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA, worldspy99, & Laura Knotek, Which Mobile OS you like the most & why? Also, your thoughts on the future of W10M?

Sup! What's new?

Mine are tied: Android + WP. WP8.1.2 is nice to use...pity Nokia didn't put AWS support on my 930. Like Android because the hardware choices are better and I respect the hacking spirit of the old Windows Mobile users who took to that platform like a duck to water once the hardware improved.

I haven't been using the preview builds simply because I still feel that MSFT has been beta testing with us since WP7. I think W10 has a future, where the OS can be a viable option for new users. For those entrenched in Android and or especially iOS, the "switch" is painful.

So it is TBD with Windows 10. 7.5 was the savior, then it was 8.0, then it was 8.1. I'm not expecting miracles from MSFT with 10.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lol!

Seriously, I liked his stuff more pre-Kim K. I do have his last album - I think (listening to it as I type this). His production is always top notch (he's still a great music producer), knows his genre very well, has a good understanding of the historical elements and current social references he weaves into his work. The dude has an ear for music.

The other **** he does is just hype.

Posted via Xperia Z3

For a person like me who really hasn't listened to a full rap album since the 80s it's rather difficult for me to judge a good rap song other than my 'liking' the sound of it. I lost interest in rap quite some time ago and never got back into it in any real way.

Hence why I can't really say how good Mr. West is or isn't. No comment about his wife...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

While I agree to respect other people's views, I guess I'm at a point where both professionally and personally, views shouldn't get into the way of seeing the humanity in others. That's my sticking point with some people on my friends feed, and those who I cross paths in life. Whenever I see homophobia, I'm reminded of ethnocentrism, racism, ageism, and sexism also. I'm tired of religion and science and politics being used as tools to perpetuate a similar style of downpression on LGBTQ individuals that blacks have experienced for hundreds of years under chattel slavery, persecuted minorities under religious and ethnic cleansing for hundreds of years, and what women have gone through for thousands of years as far as gender goes.

With religion and politics, discrimination is part and parcel of them. Regardless of the niceties that people proclaim in those areas. It has been since the beginning. When you mix the two is when things go really bad.

Science on the other hand should not be the discrimination game at all but unfortunately there are scientists who are and bias is one of the bigger issues that need combating in the industry. Science itself is not discriminatory, just the people who are in it. I think that's where things go wrong. I think there's too many people who think that one scientist speaks for all. Not to mention many people thinking a PhD = expert when it doesn't.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So lately we've been slowly upgrading our things. (not electronics). This is a sure sign that we're planning on staying in the country for sometime. :p

Rather recent upgrades:

Bed - We're on our third bed. First was sold, second is in the other bedroom
Dining table - First was sold, second still being used
Mugs - Got rid of the cheap ones and brought the fancy ones we had from Finland over. Cheap ones went to charity.
Car - On our second. Now driving a BMW... I feel so British! :p
Glasses - Just starting to upgrade. First batch of better ones bought (Finnish brand). Old ones to go to charity or if someone else wants them.
Frying pans - The cheap ones we have are on their last legs and just bought some nicer ones (Le Creuset). It's amazing the difference in quality. I'll never buy cheap again.

Of course, our next biggerst upgrade will be our own place. :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

An interesting fact for you, root beer (or in your case, root bear) is not common here or in Australia.

Enjoy your float. :)

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Lol ops beer. And it isn't common o.o? I thought it was a no brainer , ice cream , root beer and a cup .I learned something new

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So lately we've been slowly upgrading our things. (not electronics). This is a sure sign that we're planning on staying in the country for sometime. :p

Rather recent upgrades:

Bed - We're on our third bed. First was sold, second is in the other bedroom
Dining table - First was sold, second still being used
Mugs - Got rid of the cheap ones and brought the fancy ones we had from Finland over. Cheap ones went to charity.
Car - On our second. Now driving a BMW... I feel so British! :p
Glasses - Just starting to upgrade. First batch of better ones bought (Finnish brand). Old ones to go to charity or if someone else wants them.
Frying pans - The cheap ones we have are on their last legs and just bought some nicer ones (Le Creuset). It's amazing the difference in quality. I'll never buy cheap again.

Of course, our next biggerst upgrade will be our own place. :)

Oh wow that's alot of upgrades but I do wonder how fancy mugs can get o.o

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lol ops beer. And it isn't common o.o? I thought it was a no brainer , ice cream , root beer and a cup .I learned something new

Root beer is not that common. Floats are.

I would be like me saying to you, do you have ice cream cones with Flakes in the US?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They are pretty that's for sure and have a cohesive look together in a set. ��

The ones we have are no longer made. So they're actually collector items now. :)

Iittala Marimekko Primavera collection. We have the small plates, mugs and bowls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism