The P10 feels big. I don't know about it. Not loving it or hating it, actually it feels like how I felt about the iPhone 7, which isn't good. Considering returning it...

My low light play shots are hit or miss. Not as bad as Sony but I feel like there's a slight yellow overcast which isn't present even in the A3. It feels different than the Honor 8 did. :/
    Not surprised. Hence how I worded the post about the screen protector.

The low light of the P10 is somewhat by design...Leica wants some noise and grain to give the photos grit.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-12-2017 09:36 PM
    I liked the P series. Just not a fan of EMUI as I prefer MIUI over it.

I'd try a P10 if I wasn't so fixated on great audio.
    09-12-2017 09:39 PM
    Not surprised. Hence how I worded the post about the screen protector.

The low light of the P10 is somewhat by design...Leica wants some noise and grain to give the photos grit.
    You worded it smartly.

Ooh okay, I didn't know that. I can get why, but I hate it when it comes to certain things. I would rather have the choice. It's going back. It's a bit too much cash for me to feel this way about it.
    09-12-2017 09:41 PM
    This is Apple during its keynote and the reaction of their diehard fans whenever they take a feature that's been out for a while and put their spin on it...

If only my game was that good to get into people's wallets like Apple...sigh...

09-12-2017 09:42 PM
    I liked the P series. Just not a fan of EMUI as I prefer MIUI over it.

I'd try a P10 if I wasn't so fixated on great audio.
    Yeah, it seems like a solid series. True, considering the phone you have, it would probably be a downgrade.
    09-12-2017 09:44 PM
    Yeah, it seems like a solid series. True, considering the phone you have, it would probably be a downgrade.
    Audio wise, yes. Camera wise...maybe a little better than the V20.
    09-12-2017 09:55 PM
    If I channel my inner Libra, give me a Pixel sized phone with the V30's camera, water resistance, Qi, audio, dual speakers and the Pixel's version of Android, and I'll be good.

I'd be fine if it was a 2800mah powering the show with the S835. It can look as ugly as the Pixel too.
    09-12-2017 09:58 PM
    Noob questions here, but I'm sure one of you can help me. We all know of the notification issues that Huawei and Honor phones can have. One of those issues that I've been having has to do with notifications from the Outlook email app. Notifications for mail through that app do not show up unless I have the screen on. It's not a really not deal, but it's enough to annoy the heck out of me at times. I've never used the stock email app on my Honor Note 8 due to my paranoid suspicion of the app and my ignorance as to how email apps work. I want to add my work email to the stock app, but we send sensitive information in some of our emails. Finally...to my questions: When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
    Thanks for the help. 😊
    09-12-2017 10:09 PM
    Noob questions here, but I'm sure one of you can help me. We all know of the notification issues that Huawei and Honor phones can have. One of those issues that I've been having has to do with notifications from the Outlook email app. Notifications for mail through that app do not show up unless I have the screen on. It's not a really not deal, but it's enough to annoy the heck out of me at times. I've never used the stock email app on my Honor Note 8 due to my paranoid suspicion of the app and my ignorance as to how email apps work. I want to add my work email to the stock app, but we send sensitive information in some of our emails. Finally...to my questions: When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
    Thanks for the help. 😊
    How about Blue Mail for your work email? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....bluemail.mail
    libra89 likes this.
    09-12-2017 10:20 PM
    Thanks, Laura. Never heard of Blue Mail. Gonna check it out.
    Looking back on my post, I realized that I left out the fact that I wanted to use the stock email app strictly because notifications from it work as they should. I'll try out the Blue Mail app, but if notifications don't come through, I'll be back to square one. 🙁
    09-12-2017 10:30 PM
    If I channel my inner Libra, give me a Pixel sized phone with the V30's camera, water resistance, Qi, audio, dual speakers and the Pixel's version of Android, and I'll be good.

I'd be fine if it was a 2800mah powering the show with the S835. It can look as ugly as the Pixel too.
    Haha @ it looking ugly like the Pixel.

Sounds like an awesome phone though!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-12-2017 10:39 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    Wish I could help. I bought the app Nine for my emails as soon as MSFT has screwed up their Outlook app when I used to use it heavy with Android Wear. I ended up on some phone - probably the Maxx - where I couldn't use the built in email app as it kept sending me back to Gmail.

Nine has done the trick for me ever since.
    09-12-2017 10:47 PM
    I actually use Aqua Mail. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kman.AquaMail

I upgraded to the Pro version.
    libra89 and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    09-12-2017 11:01 PM
    When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
    Thanks for the help.
    From a server perspective the app should have nothing to do with how your emails get routed.

Depending on what system you use, the company that provides your work email will have their own servers and you use these when setting up your email in any app.

In other words, if you use an exchange server it goes through that. You could also have Imap or POP.

If it's Outlook or Gmail then those have their own servers as well, typically an Imap server.

Now the main question, does your email get routed to internstional servers? Can't really answer that question. It should be no but you'd be surprised the trip data takes on the net.

However, as I mentioned, the app has nothing to do with that. It's all down to the provider of your work emails.

Hope that helps.
    09-12-2017 11:21 PM
    From a server perspective the app should have nothing to do with how your emails get routed.

Depending on what system you use, the company that provides your work email will have their own servers and you use these when setting up your email in any app.

In other words, if you use an exchange server it goes through that. You could also have Imap or POP.

If it's Outlook or Gmail then those have their own servers as well, typically an Imap server.

Now the main question, does your email get routed to internstional servers? Can't really answer that question. It should be no but you'd be surprised the trip data takes on the net.

However, as I mentioned, the app has nothing to do with that. It's all down to the provider of your work emails.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, N_LaRUE. That's what I was needing to know.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2017 12:08 AM
    Thanks for the help, everybody. 😊
    09-13-2017 12:08 AM
    Thanks for the help, everybody. 😊
    You're welcome. 😊
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:22 AM
    Saw one of my new colleagues eyeballing that iPhone 10 hard at her desk...lol. I'll wait until 99 reviews it before I comment.
    I am gonna pass.
    What a load of croc the new iPhone X is.
    They are basically just wanting to fleece folks for a slightly more glorified S8 with Face ID and no headphone jack. No thanks.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2017 12:35 AM

I'd be happy with the LG G6 Plus with SD835 and slap the Pixel launcher on it. Sans the dual speakers it would pretty much check every box on your list.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 12:38 AM
    For the camera buffs on the thread. I do not know if you noticed that DXoMark has updated their test methodology. I am happy that they did that. Not happy that they announced it on fruit stand day and the story just got buried under the $999 hype train.

Basically looks like the HTC U11 and Pixel are tied.
    I can definitely vouch for the quality of pictures from the Pixel. Haven't yet picked up the U11.
    Muessig, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2017 12:41 AM
    I am gonna pass.
    They are basically just wanting to fleece folks for a slightly more glorified S8 with Face ID and no headphone jack. No thanks.
    Face ID is something that I dislike. I'm skeptical about how well it works if one doesn't wear glasses, wears glasses, and wears sunglasses (including polarised sunglasses). I do all of the above, so would it even work? FPS is reliable.
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    09-13-2017 12:41 AM
    Major babysitting duties coming up starting Friday of next week.
    But I think the kid and I are gonna have fun for 11 days!
    Have quite a few things planned out already.
    09-13-2017 12:42 AM
    Face ID is something that I dislike. I'm skeptical about how well it works if one doesn't wear glasses, wears glasses, and wears sunglasses (including polarised sunglasses). I do all of the above, so would it even work? FPS is reliable.
    I agree. Even if it works as well as Apple says I think people will look like dorks staring at the FFC.
    Integrating the FPS in the Apple logo is something they could have done easily.
    09-13-2017 12:44 AM
    Major babysitting duties coming up starting Friday of next week.
    But I think the kid and I are gonna have fun for 11 days!
    Have quite a few things planned out already.
    That sounds fun!😊
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:00 AM
    I am gonna pass.
    You know you'll test it out at some point, so I'm not buying that...
    09-13-2017 05:40 AM
144,138 ... 54895490549154925493 ...