I am intrigued by the HTC U11+.
    I don't know if I will she'll out $$ to buy it but my interest is definitely piqued.
    Not surprised. Considering how good the U11 is, the U11+ should be great.
    Hopefully it will be.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2017 09:54 PM
    Ugh the A3 I have is not working with a really important app to me. I get notifications but what good are they if I can't read them?

I didn't change anything about the phone, but I am trying out the default launcher in hopes that would change this behavior. If not, I'll have to think about if I should keep this phone or not.

Edit: Just got another notification from the app and it still doesn't work. I blame Marshmallow.
    10-24-2017 10:03 PM
    I bet this was the Pixel 2 XL before Google went to LG.
    I'd agree 100%.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-24-2017 10:05 PM
    Not surprised. Considering how good the U11 is, the U11+ should be great.
    Hopefully it will be.
    And 10 more people will buy it and it won't make a dent in HTC'S woeful position. Sadly.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-24-2017 10:06 PM
    And 10 more people will buy it and it won't make a dent in HTC'S woeful position. Sadly.
    Yeah it is really sad.
    10-24-2017 10:08 PM
    They did get a good cash infusion from Google though. But it's not gonna help the inevitable sadly. The 8X was an awesome WP device.
    10-24-2017 10:24 PM
    So...I guess if the screen burn in issues are true, that would be twice in 3 years the Pixel/Nexus line had some hardware issues... technically, three years in a row. Lens flares, bootloops, screen burn in...

Welcome to being an OEM, Google...
    10-24-2017 10:27 PM
    So...I guess if the screen burn in issues are true, that would be twice in 3 years the Pixel/Nexus line had some hardware issues... technically, three years in a row. Lens flares, bootloops, screen burn in...

Welcome to being an OEM, Google...
    That's an interesting perspective. The lens flares seem very small in comparison.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2017 10:32 PM
    They did get a good cash infusion from Google though. But it's not gonna help the inevitable sadly. The 8X was an awesome WP device.
    That cash infusion they got from Google is as helpful to their situation in the same way as Mr. Trump having moments of clarity...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2017 10:49 PM
    Starting something exciting soon that will require (it's not actually required but it will make my life much easier) me to stick to one phone for record keeping purposes. (I'm not on a carrier that allows you to download messages from one phone to another.)

I really need to figure out what phone to use...

Feeling like the two phones (Pixel and ZX1 Compact) are on a seesaw lol. Yes I'm here again. Playing with the Pixel got me here.

Leaning towards the Pixel with doing research on light battery packs that don't drain power from the phone.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-25-2017 12:07 AM
    Starting something exciting soon that will require (it's not actually required but it will make my life much easier) me to stick to one phone for record keeping purposes. (I'm not on a carrier that allows you to download messages from one phone to another.)

Feeling like the two phones (Pixel and ZX1 Compact) are on a seesaw lol. Yes I'm here again. Playing with the Pixel got me here.

Leaning towards the Pixel with doing research on light battery packs that don't drain power from the phone.
    Good luck with that.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-25-2017 07:33 AM

Interesting.
    Last night I got 5.5 hours SOT at 12% after being off charger for 15+ hours.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-25-2017 08:31 AM
    Good luck with that.
    Thanks, I figured that you would wish me luck.

My switching was all on me before, but for this new thing that is starting soon, it's unacceptable for me to have different messages on different phones. I hope that I make the right choice. I took my sim out and put it in the Pixel for today. If only these phones weren't so similar...
    10-25-2017 08:33 AM
    Interesting.
    Last night I got 5.5 hours SOT at 12% after being off charger for 15+ hours.
    Yeah I know this seems odd considering our recent conversation. I can't really talk about the thing I'm starting but let's just say that it involves minors. After having a great meeting about it yesterday, I learned one of the ways I will be getting information which I didn't know about before. Keeping track of said information is much easier when you have one device with all of it on it, so my hands are tied.

Thinking about what would work as the best lifestyle device for me is challenging but the Pixel seems to be the easier answer because of that camera. That has really spoiled everything for me, especially in low light.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-2017 09:13 AM
    I'll say why it is hard to choose.

Pixel Pros:
    -Ambient display, double tap to wake is present which is great for me because most of the time, I just want to know the time
    -The cameras in low light and how even now, it's still very good. I do take pictures in low light, obviously because that's life for me half of the time
    -The spam caller detection is great, as I get a lot of them (my carrier isn't like T-Mo that has somewhat of a filter for these) and it saves me time from googling numbers. Additionally, it automatically blocks them too which is another great thing

Pixel Cons:
    -Battery life is just good, but not really good (at least in comparison to other phones)

XZ1C Pros:
    -Size is excellent
    -Battery life is excellent
    -The little Sony software additions like being able to dismiss alarms before they go off, downloading icon packs that work with the default launcher, and Xperia Actions that automatically dim my screen when it's time for sleeping and open Spotify when it's time for me to go to work and go home

XZ1C Cons:
    -The color thing with the cameras in low light. Other camera apps help but the yellow cast is still there and adjustment is necessary 50% of the time

This is very simplified but these are the differences and things that I miss when I use the other one. Looking at it, the Pixel has the smallest problem for my life, since I can just get a small battery pack when needed. I write this and I think I know, but my mind changes on this a lot. Ugh.
    Last edited by libra89; 10-25-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: -
    10-25-2017 09:46 AM
    Google Lens is the coolest thing! Currently amusing myself with it...
    10-25-2017 12:49 PM
    I'm sad Fats Domino has passed on. Gonna crank a playlist I have of him going home today.
    10-25-2017 01:31 PM

You can back up your call logs and SMS/MMS to your SD card via Super Backup and upload on your other phone using the same app. That works great for Android if switching between the Sony and A3 (or Pixel). To switch between Android and W10M it's a little more involved because of different file types requiring different apps. I've found nothing to do it with iOS but that's no surprise.

Maybe if iOS had a real, functioning file manager and USB mass storage capability it would be possible. Or at least not require a PhD in quantum physics.
    10-25-2017 06:37 PM
    You can back up your call logs and SMS/MMS to your SD card via Super Backup and upload on your other phone using the same app. That works great for Android if switching between the Sony and A3 (or Pixel). To switch between Android and W10M it's a little more involved because of different file types requiring different apps. I've found nothing to do it with iOS but that's no surprise.

Maybe if iOS had a real, functioning file manager and USB mass storage capability it would be possible. Or at least not require a PhD in quantum physics.
    Hmm, I'll check that app out, thanks! The Pixel has no SD support though so I would probably give this a try with the Sony first.

I really had no idea that there was a way at all. Not surprised that you know of one though, lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-2017 06:46 PM
    SMS Backup and Restore works really well. It's a free app as well.
    10-25-2017 06:47 PM
    SMS Backup and Restore works really well. It's a free app as well.
    Thank you so much! I tried it and everything transferred over.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-25-2017 07:09 PM
    Thank you so much! I tried it and everything transferred over.
    I'm glad I was able to help. I have used that app from my first Nexus 5 device.
    10-25-2017 07:47 PM
    I'm sad Fats Domino has passed on. Gonna crank a playlist I have of him going home today.
    There are not many still living, that shone so brilliantly from that era, the Golden Age of Rock & Roll...
    I can only think of Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis .. all piano players

... !
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-25-2017 08:17 PM
    There are not many still living, that shone so brilliantly from that era, the Golden Age of Rock & Roll...
    I can only think of Little Richard, and Jerry Lee Lewis .. all piano players

... !
    And Ray Charles.

My favorite four like that are Ray Charles, Fats, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis (a very distant fourth on this list). My ranking would be...

1A) Little Richard
    1B) Fats
    1C) Ray Charles
    4) Jerry Lee Lewis

Those top three are splitting hairs, really...
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-25-2017 09:45 PM
    I should have been clearer with my mentioning of Little Richard & The Killer... they are still alive.

That's a good shout for Ray Charles too

... !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-2017 10:07 PM
145,736 ... 55245525552655275528 ...