• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I should have been clearer with my mentioning of Little Richard & The Killer... they are still alive.

That's a good shout for Ray Charles too

... !
    I figured you were talking about those still alive. I just took it a step further and share my top 4 from that era.
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-26-2017 06:36 AM
    The LG G6 is now an Amazon Prime phone, along with the Q6 and G6+. That's really surprising but also very interesting.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-26-2017 09:14 AM
    The LG G6 is now an Amazon Prime phone, along with the Q6 and G6+. That's really surprising but also very interesting.
    You need the LG X Charge to quell your battery anxiety - 4500 mAh battery!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 12:51 PM
    You need the LG X Charge to quell your battery anxiety - 4500 mAh battery!
    Haha, I'm good. My other phones work for that. If I didn't have it, I would probably go with a 6s lol. I would have more options for sure but I really don't need more. Even these two are (were?) a struggle.
    10-26-2017 01:02 PM
    Getting ready for what will probably be my last time in London while living in the UK.

I won't say ever because we might be back to visit some day.
    10-26-2017 02:51 PM
    I still have mixed emotions with this phone. I'm regretting ditching the Mate 9, not to mention my WinPhones. It's inexcusable to not have a hotspot toggle in the pull down shade. Voice to text is worse than iOS and pathetic compared to Windows. Battery life is nowhere near consistent. It's a world beater one day and can't be more than a few feet from the charger the next. Bluetooth connections are nothing if not unpredictable. It doesn't freeze or lag but I have to reset it every day just to have a modicum of reliability. I do like the size of the device itself and apps function very well. But I'm very picky when it comes to getting bang for my buck. At this price point it should make me coffee and sing lullaby
    Last edited by worldspy99; 10-26-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-26-2017 02:56 PM
    I just realized something interesting. The Essential Phone at $499 is a hard sell for some because of the camera but it's so cool. The XZ1C is also compact and great but the camera can miss the mark in poor lighting and I got it for around the same price (after a price adjustment). With that perspective in mind, I can totally pass on the Essential Phone. Don't need another phone with the same thing.

Starting to wonder if the perfect phone is a mirage...
    Alright, well it might be but close enough shouldn't be one.

Edit: Or I could just go iOS and nip this thing in the bud altogether...LOL
    Last edited by libra89; 10-26-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    10-26-2017 03:07 PM
    Getting ready for what will probably be my last time in London while living in the UK.

I won't say ever because we might be back to visit some day.
    Wow I just realized that the time must be flying by for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 03:08 PM
    I still have mixed emotions with this phone. I'm regretting ditching the Mate 9, not to mention my WinPhones. It's inexcusable to not have a hotspot toggle in the pull down shade. Voice to text is worse than iOS and pathetic compared to Windows. Battery life is nowhere near consistent. It's a world beater one day and can't be more than a few feet from the charger the next. Bluetooth connections are nothing if not unpredictable. It doesn't freeze or lag but I have to reset it every day just to have a modicum of reliability. I do like the size of the device itself and apps function very well. But I'm very picky when it comes to getting bang for my buck. At this price point it should make me coffee and sing lullaby
    When you find a phone that pours coffee and sings lullabies, let us know.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-26-2017 05:24 PM
    I want one to make my coffee. I can pour my own damned coffee.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-26-2017 05:27 PM
    When you find a phone that pours coffee and sings lullabies, let us know.
    It should first sing lullabies and after I wake up it should pour me a cuppa coffee.
    10-26-2017 05:27 PM
    Ahh regrets suck. I'm sorry that you regret giving up the Mate 9. It sounds like the G6 has some annoying things about it.

Haha I agree with that.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-26-2017 05:30 PM
    Just had the Zombie frappuccino at Starbucks.
    10-26-2017 05:32 PM
    Just had the Zombie frappuccino at Starbucks.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9800c4bd5b.jpg
    Ooh how was it?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 06:49 PM
    Ooh how was it?
    Pretty good. Almost tasted like a smoothie.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-26-2017 06:55 PM
    It should first sing lullabies and after I wake up it should pour me a cuppa coffee.
    To which you would sell it two weeks later once it starts pouring you decaf that you didn't ask for due to a buggy software update...
    10-26-2017 06:56 PM
    To which you would sell it two weeks later once it starts pouring you decaf that you didn't ask for due to a buggy software update...
    Don't know.
    For all you know I might send it to you for flashing a new firmware on it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 07:00 PM
    You're assuming it gets an update.
    10-26-2017 08:18 PM
    You're assuming it gets an update.
    I somehow forgot to ask, do you plan to keep using the G6 until you decide on something else or will you hop into Windows 10 Mobile or get a Mate 9 or something else?
    10-26-2017 08:22 PM
    Don't know.
    For all you know I might send it to you for flashing a new firmware on it.
    Assuming I can find appropriate firmware. Maybe I need to sideload Cydia on it first...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 09:07 PM
    I somehow forgot to ask, do you plan to keep using the G6 until you decide on something else or will you hop into Windows 10 Mobile or get a Mate 9 or something else?
    That's a good question. I doubt I would get another W10M phone unless I could find something under $200 which would limit my choices. There are Idols out there cheap but that camera is a non starter. I'd be more willing to search for a better Android experience or cave into an iPhone. I just have a hard time dealing with the walled garden.
    10-26-2017 09:17 PM
    That's a good question. I doubt I would get another W10M phone unless I could find something under $200 which would limit my choices. There are Idols out there cheap but that camera is a non starter. I'd be more willing to search for a better Android experience or cave into an iPhone. I just have a hard time dealing with the walled garden.
    A used Pixel XL or Pixel is a good starter.
    Or get another Mate 9.
    10-26-2017 09:23 PM
    A used Pixel XL or Pixel is a good starter.
    Or get another Mate 9.
    Not a fan of EMUI and Pixel XL battery life is atrocious. Already been there and done that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 09:25 PM
    Not a fan of EMUI and Pixel XL battery life is atrocious. Already been there and done that.
    I see. I am getting pretty good battery life with my Pixel so I'm surprised at the poor battery life on the XL.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-26-2017 09:26 PM
    That's a true point. Under $200 is hard unless you seek a 950 (non XL) that is in good condition. I can only imagine for the Idol that the camera will be meh. I can get that for both points. That's been a struggle for me this week.

I agree with 99 about the Pixels. (Never mind this part, I just saw your reply to 99.) I would suggest a Sony because no overheating anymore and good cameras but for some reason, Sony phones are still a lot, even if "old".
    10-26-2017 09:32 PM
143,584 ... 55255526552755285529 ...