Pssst...you can just buy the Teriyaki sauce in the grocery store
    That's a good way to start. And once he gets comfortable, he can learn to make it on his own.
    12-02-2017 09:02 PM
    I'm surprised at these shots, totally not what I expected.
    12-02-2017 09:31 PM
    Most cameras on phones are so-so in low light...there are different levels of low light and people sometimes have different expectations of great performance across the different low light scenarios...

...I'm fine with the shots 99 has posted of Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 shots in some cases are better, but depending on the level of low light - not by much.
    12-02-2017 09:40 PM
    Same pictures but this time using the Pixel 2.
    12-02-2017 09:44 PM
    Most cameras on phones are so-so in low light...there are different levels of low light and people sometimes have different expectations of great performance across the different low light scenarios...

...I'm fine with the shots 99 has posted of Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 shots in some cases are better, but depending on the level of low light - not by much.
    I agree. To me, they look better than what I saw in low light on the XZ1C I used to own...and that was said to have EIS. I'm just shocked that they aren't worse. Even the colors appear to be fine too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-02-2017 09:46 PM
    Thanks for sharing these! It's interesting to me that between the 2, the Essential is not so bad at all. Of course the Pixel is better, as we figured but I'm amazed that the Essential isn't a total wash.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-02-2017 09:48 PM
    Thanks for sharing these! It's interesting to me that between the 2, the Essential is not so bad at all. Of course the Pixel is better, as we figured but I'm amazed that the Essential isn't a total wash.
    Yup, I had the exact same thought running in my mind as I was comparing the pictures.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-02-2017 09:51 PM
    Google has found a nice balance on brightness of the scene and maintaining details. My biggest issue here is there is no manual mode for those wanting to tweak the settings to their own liking.
    12-02-2017 10:49 PM
    Google has found a nice balance on brightness of the scene and maintaining details. My biggest issue here is there is no manual mode for those wanting to tweak the settings to their own liking.
    Yeah manual would be nice. But I guess that's why there are other apps. I am planning to use Open Camera with the Essential phone to see if I can coax a slightly better performance out of its camera hardware.
    12-02-2017 10:56 PM
    Yeah manual would be nice. But I guess that's why there are other apps. I am planning to use Open Camera with the Essential phone to see if I can coax a slightly better performance out of its camera hardware.
    Speaking of cameras, did you get to try out the Google Camera HDR+ app? Open Camera should be really interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-02-2017 11:22 PM
    Speaking of cameras, did you get to try out the Google Camera HDR+ app? Open Camera should be really interesting.
    Haven't sideloaded the Google Camera app yet.
    12-02-2017 11:31 PM
    I side loaded it on mine and was not impressed. It's better, but not by much.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-02-2017 11:45 PM
    Removed.
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 12-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    12-02-2017 11:46 PM
    Jeez that's a bit expensive. With that those prices i can go to red lobster or Olive Garden.

Sent from mTalk using my Lumia 950
    There's two establishments I don't miss right there.

Olive Garden is about as close to Italian cooking as MIA is to buying an iFruit. They still go heavy on the sauces?

They went bankrupt in Canada. Not sure if they tried to reopen.

As for Red Lobster... I guess it's ok in a pinch if I had no other choice.

Both average American chain restaurants with the quality to match or how I remember them anyway.

Not sure if they've moved on or not. Haven't been to either in years.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    12-03-2017 02:54 AM
    This is more my thing when it comes to seafood.

dsc_0975.jpg
    12-03-2017 02:55 AM
    This is more my thing when it comes to seafood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0975.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	138220
    Ooh, that looks delicious. ☺️
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    12-03-2017 03:10 AM
    How about Proshot for Android?
    libra89 likes this.
    12-03-2017 03:11 AM
    There's two establishments I don't miss right there.

Olive Garden is about as close to Italian cooking as MIA is to buying an iFruit. They still go heavy on the sauces?

They went bankrupt in Canada. Not sure if they tried to reopen.

As for Red Lobster... I guess it's ok in a pinch if I had no other choice.

Both average American chain restaurants with the quality to match or how I remember them anyway.

Not sure if they've moved on or not. Haven't been to either in years.
    The Olive Garden where I took the GF for her birthday way before we started dating closed.

I think those chain style restaurants are indicative of the shifting times...people are less interested in the old block ways (AKA those singular style brands). In the case of Olive Garden types, the more traditional restaurants offer better value than casual dining and people are eating at home and preparing meals (themselves or meal delivery services). I liked Uno's and TGIF's, but don't go there anymore either.

In the case of department stores, better value is had shopping online. It's been interesting watching those iconic industry brands and concepts trying to survive in these times.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-03-2017 07:59 AM
    Ooh, that looks delicious.
    It was very delicious!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2017 08:26 AM
    It's a place in Chico,ca called teriyaki house. What I ordered and always tell people to try is the chicken bowl. It has freshly grilled chicken on top of crisp cabbage with some carrots and broccoli with freshly cooked white rice for all for 5.50$

Sent from mTalk
    I absolutely love thin sliced chicken in a grill. Well, I might as well make something similar myself.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2017 08:59 AM
    Only hardware issues of note were the earpiece speaker grills on the early batches being dust magnets and easy to damage...

...the only funny design decision was putting the SIM tray near the mic at the bottom, some people were poking the mic incorrectly to open the SIM tray. This was more common on the black model.
    I see. I guess they made wild guesses there and totally got it all wrong. So, the question is, have you find any suitable deal so far?
    12-03-2017 09:01 AM
    Going home after six long weeks. I'll finally have some time to recharge and jump right back to studying. This time successfuly I hope.
    12-03-2017 09:05 AM
    I see. I guess they made wild guesses there and totally got it all wrong. So, the question is, have you find any suitable deal so far?
    There's stuff in looking into. Until it's in hand, cannot really confirm.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-03-2017 09:43 AM
    Hey Libra, did you hear about this?

12-03-2017 09:46 AM
    Hey Libra, did you hear about this?

Yep, I saw Juan's video but not the top one (so thanks for sharing it). I really have to agree with them on what the recode article was implying. I haven't watched a video of Solider Knows Best or HighSnobity but I enjoy Uravgconsumer (and his wife), and occasionally watch videos from Booredatwork. The words that they use to describe their channels is nonsense, like it has me thinking that they have never watched a video of theirs ever.

It really annoys me because it sounds like they aren't allowing them to be multidimensional. They just took their stupid assumptions based on how they look like and ran with it. WTF. It grinds me.
    12-03-2017 02:13 PM
145,230 ... 55805581558255835584 ...