The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    This is one area where I gotta give props to Apple. They don't mistreat their tablets
    You mean the same Apple that throttles CPU performance via updates to keep the gravy train going?

They're all crooked in my book.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2018 09:47 PM
    You know, even Sony is good with updates now. That's a hell of a thing.

But there is one group of people I blame, honestly.
    I was beyond surprised when a Sony X Performance I was playing around with a month ago got Oreo. That phone was released in February of '16.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-16-2018 09:49 PM
    You mean the same Apple that throttles CPU performance via updates to keep the gravy train going?

They're all crooked in my book.
    Yup the same fruit stand
    We'll update your device but then we will throttle it so you can give us some more moolah
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2018 09:49 PM
    I was beyond surprised when a Sony X Performance I was playing around with a month ago got Oreo. That phone was released in February of '16.
    Internals wise, it wasn't a bad phone. Design and place wise, that was an unnecessary device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2018 09:52 PM
    Yup the same fruit stand
    We'll update your device but then we will throttle it so you can give us some more moolah
    At least they bend over their customers with a smile...and when they complain they tell them they're not bending over correctly.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-16-2018 09:53 PM
    At least they bend over their customers with a smile...and when they complain they tell them they're not bending over correctly.
    Savage AF. Nothing to add.
    01-16-2018 10:20 PM
    Savage AF. Nothing to add.
    That's how savage Apple is to your *wallet* for the "premium experience". Thanks, but no thanks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2018 10:23 PM
    I still wish that for my friend's dad I had gotten him a 1020. We got him a 920 and he still cannot put it down. Such amazing tool in the hands of a true photographer...

libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-16-2018 10:32 PM
    Not much snow to delay but slick. My boss is making me go to a presentation I'll rather not be at. We will see if it's still on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 07:12 AM
    Messy commute. Another long day. Paradise is tiresome.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 07:59 AM
    It’s a beautiful day in Southern California, today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 10:15 AM
    It’s a beautiful day in Southern California, today.
    Meanwhile, I'm rolling in snow showers crap.

Hey, what's up with that ***** celeb who tweeted about the mudslides not letting her see some performer she's hooked up with?

Didn't realize they still made them tone deaf in Cali...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 10:46 AM
    When you want to try a new toy and your wallet is like:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...source=sh/x/im
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 11:14 AM
    Not much snow to delay but slick. My boss is making me go to a presentation I'll rather not be at. We will see if it's still on.
    The presenter had some good points but at a point, he was in his feelings about a misunderstanding.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 11:26 AM
    This interview process reminds me of the bar scene in Coming To America where Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall are trying to find a queen. I hate my job this week. I'm silently praying 🙏 for a fiasco at one of the jobsites so I can get the hell out of here for a few hours.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-17-2018 11:51 AM
    So one advantage of using a dying platform?
    I am listening to music on Spotify and not a single ad yet. I don't care if they update the app or not. The free version on WM10 has no ads. That is pretty big in my book.
    01-17-2018 01:56 PM
    I might have to start interviewing for an Administrative Assistant as well. It'll be a replacement position for the brain-dead one I have now who scheduled an interview for 5:00 this afternoon. Somebody help, I might need bail money.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-17-2018 03:07 PM
    So one advantage of using a dying platform?
    I am listening to music on Spotify and not a single ad yet. I don't care if they update the app or not. The free version on WM10 has no ads. That is pretty big in my book.
    I have never noticed that actually but that is awesome.
    01-17-2018 05:20 PM
    I'm glad today is done but the light in it is that I got my backpack today and it fits my big laptop very well without swallowing me. I love it and I actually feel ready for classes now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-17-2018 05:21 PM
    Meanwhile, I'm rolling in snow showers crap.

Hey, what's up with that ***** celeb who tweeted about the mudslides not letting her see some performer she's hooked up with?

Didn't realize they still made them tone deaf in Cali...
    And yet she seems smarter than that NJ sorority girl at U of Alabama dropping N bombs and actually acting a fool on the 'gram.

Boy sometimes you cannot script stupid even if you wanted to...
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-17-2018 07:40 PM
    I'll be in the minority here and state I dislike the current public beta programs by most of the OEMs. I may even go as far as stating that while engineers have lots to do juggling multiple projects, I'd rather beta testing be done by savvy persons who can get real feedback.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-17-2018 08:03 PM
    I'll be in the minority here and state I dislike the current public beta programs by most of the OEMs. I may even go as far as stating that while engineers have lots to do juggling multiple projects, I'd rather beta testing be done by savvy persons who can get real feedback.
    Hmm this is an interesting statement. I'm curious if the real feedback is the only reason for you or if there's another reason in there.
    01-17-2018 08:37 PM
    Hmm this is an interesting statement. I'm curious if the real feedback is the only reason for you or if there's another reason in there.
    Just don't think it gets the updates out faster, that's why.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-18-2018 06:47 AM
    Just don't think it gets the updates out faster, that's why.
    Ah okay, that makes sense. For some reason, I had the Insider program in mind when you said that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-18-2018 07:24 AM
    It's just my opinion. I think the insider program was better because you had more people willing to actually give feedback and it allowed builds to be run on phones MSFT wasn't necessarily going to update.

I don't get a sense that especially on Android with some of these OEMs you're getting that sort of feedback which may lead to the builds being out faster.

Truth be told, people on Android are grateful to get updates. That's the downsize of making hardware almost so disposable...
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-18-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-18-2018 10:06 AM
142,845 ... 56215622562356245625 ...