I like the Surface 2 alot and will be purchasing sometime...

Or Christmas
    But I think Microsoft just caught up in size and features to the iPad 5, and now Apple stepped up again with the new iPad Air. It's very fast, smaller, much lighter and still has a higher resolution.

iPad Air vs. iPad 2 vs. Galaxy Note 10.1 vs. Surface 2 | iSource

Also it has apps. I'd be too afraid I'd have to install iTunes for synchronization though ;-)

I'm on about the tablet, not the phablet :p
    I know, sorry. Your post wasn't really connected, it just made me think of phablets :)
    10-22-2013 03:04 PM
    Oh my god, I want an iPad Air...

Honestly, this impresses me.
    A new processor, thiner lighter, and it comes in Space Grey....

Ugh, i don't see too much of an improvement, why are they still offering the iPad Mini, when they also have the iPad mini with retina?!
    10-22-2013 03:04 PM
    Ugh, i don't see too much of an improvement, why are they still offering the iPad Mini, when they also have the iPad mini with retina?!
    Because it's cheap?

It's more of an improvement than the Surface 2 to the Surface? Well, apart from the display. But a higher resolution in the iPad wouldn't make any sense.
    10-22-2013 03:06 PM
    Amazon new tablets look awesome, I wouldn't mind getting one of those!!!
    10-22-2013 03:08 PM
    Because it's cheap?

It's more of an improvement than the Surface 2 to the Surface? Well, apart from the display. But a higher resolution in the iPad wouldn't make any sense.
    True, but hasn't the iPad mini with retina got the A7 processor? Same goes for the new iPad Air, but the iPad mini that's still for sale has the A6(?) or A5X, But how are they still selling the iPad 2?!
    10-22-2013 03:15 PM
    True, but hasn't the iPad mini with retina got the A7 processor? Same goes for the new iPad Air, but the iPad mini that's still for sale has the A6(?) or A5X, But how are they still selling the iPad 2?!
    I have now idea. And why aren't they reducing the price?

Most likely because people still see Apple devices as status symbol, and will pay a lot for old crap because it's still cheaper than the fancy new stuff?
    10-22-2013 03:20 PM

[b]Most likely because people still see Apple devices as status symbol, and will pay a lot for old crap because it's still cheaper than the fancy new stuff?[b/]
    I agree, but I think you've just answered your own question. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:22 PM
    wait was snowflake being serious ?
    10-22-2013 04:54 PM
    OH NOOOOOOO snowflake turned from a clean water to a dirty soot ( im kidding if snowflake likes the ipad air well that's cool)
    10-22-2013 04:58 PM

Most likely because people still see Apple devices as status symbol, and will pay a lot for old crap because it's still cheaper than the fancy new stuff?
    I was wondering what you was on about with ipad air :P

Forgotten about there announcement today, I thought they would call it the ipad 4.
    10-22-2013 05:38 PM
    This is the most bias comparison ever I came across Surface 2 vs iPad Air:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...face-2-1192551

This is without having both devices and making a guess but they seem not to mention that.
    10-22-2013 07:00 PM
    This is the most bias comparison ever I came across Surface 2 vs iPad Air:

iPad Air vs Microsoft Surface 2 | News | TechRadar

This is without having both devices and making a guess but they seem not to mention that.
    soooo bias..... make me shake my head to people who buy into it
    10-22-2013 10:36 PM
    TIME to SKYPE ......yay and MSFTisMIA that video so far is interesting I haven't finished it though
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2013 10:38 PM
    dang I just noticed that im going on to 20 years old and I think to myself I might be turning 20 but I am still a teen and no moving on to an adult :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2013 10:57 PM
    wait was snowflake being serious ?
    It's a beautiful, light tablet with all the apps you can wish for, in my case it is also the wrong ecosystem.

Am Atom tablet would fit me better.

I can dislike Apple and still appreciate their products, even though my emotions towards tech companies become more and more pretty neutral.

It's 6.30 A.M. I have to go for my run now.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-22-2013 11:33 PM
    It's a beautiful, light tablet with all the apps you can wish for, in my case it is also the wrong ecosystem.

Am Atom tablet would fit me better.

I can dislike Apple and still appreciate their products, even though my emotions towards tech companies become more and more pretty neutral.

It's 6.30 A.M. I have to go for my run now.
    ah so you were and yes I do appreciate their porducts but its just that 1) wrong eco-system for me 2) to expensive to have things work on their eco-system 3) I don't care much for apps as long as I can get my work done that is why I have a desktop with windows 8.1 so everything that I do on my surface I will see on my desktop and vise a versa 4) Ipad looks nice but I cant type documents and use it to do any of my homework assignments unless if I was just listening to music. so yup for me I don't think the apple route wont work for me and as for the green eyed monster I don't even think about it
    and I used to run but since its getting darker faster I don't have time so I just do muscle exercise to bulk up
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2013 11:41 PM
    well time to go to sleep .... good night all's and later snowflake !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2013 12:02 AM
    I was wondering what you was on about with ipad air :P

Forgotten about there announcement today, I thought they would call it the ipad 4.
    No, i though they would have called it the iPad 4S. :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-23-2013 01:01 AM
    I don't care much for apps as long as I can get my work done that is why I have a desktop with windows 8.1 so everything that I do on my surface I will see on my desktop and vise a versa
    Not with a Surface RT (Surface 2). Except for Office of course, about the only thing the desktop of Windows RT is used for.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2013 01:06 AM
    When 4k displays start to emerge, do you think the current 27 inch screens will become much more affordable?

I just saw the new 8.1 lock screen and how it switches through my pictures, and thought: "That would even be greater on a bigger screen!"

But only to have a nicer lock screen, currently these displays are still a little expensive.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2013 01:42 AM
    When 4k displays start to emerge, do you think the current 27 inch screens will become much more affordable?

I just saw the new 8.1 lock screen and how it switches through my pictures, and thought: "That would even be greater on a bigger screen!"

But only to have a nicer lock screen, currently these displays are still a little expensive.
    I personally think the two 21" screens I have at work is all the real estate I need. Even one 21" is plenty.
    10-23-2013 02:07 AM
    Morning. It's warmish here and windy. Not a good day to go running or riding a bike. People do it though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-23-2013 02:07 AM
    But can the iPad air run full osx apps? No? Fail... Can i get Halo on it? No? Fail... Can i at least split screen multitask? No? Fail...

Pass me a Surface.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-23-2013 02:09 AM
    I just upgraded to Office 2013.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-23-2013 02:09 AM
    I just upgraded to Office 2013.
    What do you think of it? I've had it for some time now via Office 365.
    10-23-2013 02:13 AM
142,788 ... 561562563564565 ...