I'll agree on the ethnic part but think about it for a minute. How many blue-eyed, trailer living, food stamp and Medicaid milquetoast from West Virginia are getting the shaft as well? The unbelievable part is that they actually voted for him. But no, it's the lazy Black man like you or the murdering ****** Latino like me who are the root of all this country's problems. I've lived on peanut butter and jelly for long stretches but I've never taken a dime of gubment money or eaten a slice of gubment cheese. Yet I'm lumped in with the rest because my last name ends in a "z".

The same young crowd that showed up in droves to give us Obama are the same ones who stayed home and gave us this POS. The word needs to get out because living uninformed has dire consequences.
    This young one has voted since I was 17 and most of my other young friends also voted as well too.
    I have even voted absentee once (for a primary). I get campaign stuff all of the time, I can name my senators and reprensentatives. I might not do the best with following the national news but I am fairly aware of what is going on that would directly affect me immediately. (The national stuff do still have a hand of course, but a lot of people also aren't aware of those who actually represent them, which is something that makes me a little sad.)

Just had to chime in haha.

I used to be super into politics but it drains my energy so easily that I find it hard to be. This past election has changed it for me for the worse.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-13-2018 10:22 AM
    Just had to chime in haha.
    Chime away, we need it. But it's not as important to follow the goings on in DC as much as it is on Main St. Local and state politics affect our daily lives more than Federal. The Gerrymandering rulings in Pennsylvania are more important than Dump paying off some ho.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-13-2018 10:30 AM
    Chime away, we need it. But it's not as important to follow the goings on in DC as much as it is on Main St. Local and state politics affect our daily lives more than Federal. The Gerrymandering rulings in Pennsylvania are more important than Dump paying off some ho.
    Exactly.
    It's an election year for my state so I am getting all of the calls, and paper spam. Governor seat is up, along with my county executive and one senator seat so a lot is going on.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-13-2018 10:35 AM
    I'll agree on the ethnic part but think about it for a minute. How many blue-eyed, trailer living, food stamp and Medicaid milquetoast from West Virginia are getting the shaft as well? The unbelievable part is that they actually voted for him. But no, it's the lazy Black man like you or the murdering ****** Latino like me who are the root of all this country's problems. I've lived on peanut butter and jelly for long stretches but I've never taken a dime of gubment money or eaten a slice of gubment cheese. Yet I'm lumped in with the rest because my last name ends in a "z".

The same young crowd that showed up in droves to give us Obama are the same ones who stayed home and gave us this POS. The word needs to get out because living uninformed has dire consequences.
    I'm very aware of how many blonde hair, blue eyed folk who will get that shaft...as there are more of those folks on Medicare and Medicaid than people who look like you and me. But, Mr. Trump was smart enough to stir up their emotions to get elected and will reward them with a front stab of cutting services for ALL.

There's much to do, no matter the age, and it's not even funny.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-13-2018 10:39 AM
    Exactly.
    It's an election year for my state so I am getting all of the calls, and paper spam. Governor seat is up, along with my county executive and one senator seat so a lot is going on.
    We finally get to rid The Sunshine State of Gov. Skeletor aka Rick Scott. Thank you Bob Graham for introducing term limits.
    02-13-2018 10:39 AM
    There's much to do, no matter the age, and it's not even funny.
    Indeed. But as I told Libra, be careful of joining groups on social media to get the word out en masse. It can be a double-edged sword. Just ask the poor woman who gave Dump the finger while riding her bike. Anybody can be a snitch to get likes.
    02-13-2018 10:43 AM
    We finally get to rid The Sunshine State of Gov. Skeletor aka Rick Scott. Thank you Bob Graham for introducing term limits.
    Nice!
    02-13-2018 10:59 AM
    Indeed. But as I told Libra, be careful of joining groups on social media to get the word out en masse. It can be a double-edged sword. Just ask the poor woman who gave Dump the finger while riding her bike. Anybody can be a snitch to get likes.
    It's the skill of critical thinking, really. If you can think critically, you can wade through all the garbage that exists, no matter where you like to get your news from.

Problem is, critical thinking isn't being cultivated in people anymore...it's being concentrated like in the old days of yore - in the hands of the privileged.
    02-13-2018 11:03 AM
    It's the skill of critical thinking, really. If you can think critically, you can wade through all the garbage that exists, no matter where you like to get your news from.

Problem is, critical thinking isn't being cultivated in people anymore...it's being concentrated like in the old days of yore - in the hands of the privileged.
    George Carlin warned us 40+ years ago. Few listened.
    02-13-2018 11:05 AM
    George Carlin warned us 40+ years ago. Few listened.
    "Everything you feared has been in place for YEARS." - Dialated peoples. See below.

N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-13-2018 12:35 PM
    All societies marginalize some of their members. Western European countries and their former colonies like 'Murica are uber-noorious for it.

It's just a continuation of the "same old two-step".
    The most racially abused people in the UK are Polish or Eastern European. Just goes to show that skin colour isn't always the necessary requirement. The UK is a messed up place in a lot of ways.

The stupid part about skin colour is that it's a matter of a few genes and evolution based on sun conditions and environment. Such a stupid thing to get upset about, especially since we know better now. Well we should know better unfortunately evolution is still poorly taught in schools and science tends to be a thing of evil if makes you think differently...

I keep waiting for the human race to grow up. With what's happening in the world with the rise of populists, far right thinking and national identity we have a very long way to go. Sadly.
    02-13-2018 01:25 PM
    The most racially abused people in the UK are Polish or Eastern European. Just goes to show that skin colour isn't always the necessary requirement. The UK is a messed up place in a lot of ways.

The stupid part about skin colour is that it's a matter of a few genes and evolution based on sun conditions and environment. Such a stupid thing to get upset about, especially since we know better now. Well we should know better unfortunately evolution is still poorly taught in schools and science tends to be a thing of evil if makes you think differently...

I keep waiting for the human race to grow up. With what's happening in the world with the rise of populists, far right thinking and national identity we have a very long way to go. Sadly.
    I wish it was as simple as skin color. By all accounts I’m white if you just look at me and you hear me speak. I have Hazel Brown eyes and not a trace of an accent which makes me “pass”. The punch in the gut comes when some unsuspecting racist asks me my name and you see the facial expression change. Two minutes ago we were having some laughs and now that my Latino-ness has come out I’m “one of them”. How f****d up is that?
    02-13-2018 02:01 PM
    I wish it was as simple as skin color. By all accounts I’m white if you just look at me and you hear me speak. I have Hazel Brown eyes and not a trace of an accent which makes me “pass”. The punch in the gut comes when some unsuspecting racist asks me my name and you see the facial expression change. Two minutes ago we were having some laughs and now that my Latino-ness has come out I’m “one of them”. How f****d up is that?
    That is f##ked but not surprising unfortunately.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-13-2018 02:43 PM

Within every ethnic group, there's one or two subgroups others **** on. That's just been modern human history, sadly. We can list those groups within each ethnicity and have a ******* contest comparing traumas, but it doesn't change how cruel people can be.

The stupid part about skin color is that it has become such an ingrained social construct where some folks have such seemingly instinctual visceral reactions to other ethnicities.

There's no "growing up" for humanity. Not at least while I'm alive. I do hope we can make strides, but when folks like Trump are elected and running amok, it shows how much work that we needed to do still.
    02-13-2018 06:47 PM
    The flowers were a hit.

It's times like these that makes me really year for a good camera phone outside of my 950XL. I'll post something I snapped quickly from Andy's phone later.
    02-13-2018 07:07 PM
    I was just watching some YouTube videos on modern robots. It’s amazing how fast things are developing. There is so much potential to do good in the future and it gets me excited about humanity, then I see things like what you mentioned and I realize we may have advanced technologically or scientifically but we sure haven’t advanced intellectually or humanly. In fact, I’m not confident we ever will.
    02-13-2018 07:07 PM
    I do hope we can make strides, but when folks like Trump are elected and running amok, it shows how much work that we needed to do still.
    My wife cried on November 4, 2008. I'll admit, I was emotional too. It seemed like we as a society were on our way but now I honestly believe in my heart of hearts that we're suffering through some form of "payback" for our insolence.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-13-2018 07:19 PM
    The flowers were a hit.

It's times like these that makes me really year for a good camera phone outside of my 950XL. I'll post something I snapped quickly from Andy's phone later.
    This where the camera on Andy's phone frustrates me...a few good tweaks here and there and it can be consistently solid. img_20180213_170634.jpg
    02-13-2018 07:34 PM
    My wife cried on November 4, 2008. I'll admit, I was emotional too. It seemed like we as a society were on our way but now I honestly believe in my heart of hearts that we're suffering through some form of "payback" for our insolence.
    I was cautiously optimistic on that date. I'll never, ever forget this photo they took of Obama in a quiet moment during election night after he won. You could see the gravity of the moment and the task at hand started to sink in on his face.

Once I saw that photo, I knew that they would fight him tooth and nail to get anything done. And sure enough, that's what happened. It was a significant moment, but not a truly progressive one.

'Murica is still too not ready for tackling true race issues. I'm very curious to see how the young people will handle it going forward. The world is more muddled and chaotic now.

I was talking to a colleague to end the work day and referenced this current conversation here. We talked about diversity and how superficial it a can be in many ways currently. There's much work to do.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 02-13-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    02-13-2018 07:45 PM
    This where the camera on Andy's phone frustrates me...a few good tweaks here and there and it can be consistently solid. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180213_170634.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	138733
    Beautiful flowers!
    02-13-2018 09:30 PM
    Beautiful flowers!
    Two dozen roses. I'm glad she likes them.
    02-13-2018 09:30 PM
    Two dozen roses. I'm glad she likes them.
    You cannot go wrong with roses!
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    02-13-2018 09:34 PM
    You cannot go wrong with roses!
    My supervisor, who saw the flowers as we ran into each other on the train once I picked them up after work stated she didn't like roses (but thought they looked nice)...

...guess I'm glad I wasn't buying them for her, right? LOL!
    02-13-2018 09:36 PM
    My supervisor, who saw the flowers as we ran into each other on the train once I picked them up after work stated she didn't like roses (but thought they looked nice)...

...guess I'm glad I wasn't buying them for her, right? LOL!
    Wow! That's the first woman I've heard of who doesn't like roses.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    02-14-2018 01:43 AM
    Wow! That's the first woman I've heard of who doesn't like roses.
    My wife likes roses but they're not her favorite flower.

They also die too quickly.
    02-14-2018 02:34 AM
143,652 ... 56415642564356445645 ...