https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/0...gtype=Homepage

Then check some of the global stock markets' reactions to this for today, especially in Asia.
    03-02-2018 06:37 AM
    Bob Mueller is biding his time and waiting on the mid-term results. There is NO way this Congress will do anything about the present administration so the hope is there is a little more balance come November. My wife keeps going on about "why aren't they doing anything?" and I keep telling her it's a process. Watergate took nearly 2 years and a 2nd special prosecutor before it was done. Will Dump fire Mueller? Maybe, but who knows who his Leon Jaworski may be.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-02-2018 07:49 AM
    Bob Mueller is biding his time and waiting on the mid-term results. There is NO way this Congress will do anything about the present administration so the hope is there is a little more balance come November. My wife keeps going on about "why aren't they doing anything?" and I keep telling her it's a process. Watergate took nearly 2 years and a 2nd special prosecutor before it was done. Will Dump fire Mueller? Maybe, but who knows who his Leon Jaworski may be.
    He's unfortunately creating a template for the more sauve and nefarious to get in there and manipulate process. That'll be a big part of his legacy for me.
    03-02-2018 07:54 AM
    Hey Libra:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...s-waste-repair

I had a good early morning chuckle reading this.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-02-2018 07:55 AM
    Hey Libra:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...s-waste-repair

I had a good early morning chuckle reading this.
    Ha, he has a great point. That is true that Apple wouldn't say it, but still shady.
    03-02-2018 10:20 AM
    Read a story on PhoneArena about people getting their nose done because of how their nose looked in selfies and I never knew that this was a thing.
    03-02-2018 12:09 PM
    Read a story on PhoneArena about people getting their nose done because of how their nose looked in selfies and I never knew that this was a thing.
    Oh, that is a huge thing. Especially in Lebanon.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-02-2018 12:35 PM
    Pre-order for S9 was a dud this year. No freebies from Samsung - I can understand that since they held the line on the phone price unlike the fruit stand in Cupertino.

Also the $360 off with trade in wasn't very exciting as well.

Hopefully in a month or two we will have some BOGO deals. I will probably jump in at that time.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-02-2018 12:36 PM
    A nor'easter and a busy work day. Hooray for me indeed.

At least some cold Guinness await at the end of the day.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    03-02-2018 01:26 PM
    Lol, and I made fun of Rose when he said he never drove motorways before passing his driving test. Wellcome to present UK.
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...motorways-june
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-2018 01:42 PM
    Gonna try this #donglelife next week. Not looking forward to it.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-02-2018 01:43 PM
    Narrator: You're already living #donglelife with the Essential phone.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    03-02-2018 01:49 PM
    Oh? What phone are you trying this out with?
    03-02-2018 02:06 PM
    Oh? What phone are you trying this out with?
    Take
    A
    Guess
    libra89 likes this.
    03-02-2018 02:11 PM
    Take
    A
    Guess
    Ah okay.
    03-02-2018 02:14 PM
    Narrator: You're already living #donglelife with the Essential phone.
    #notcorrect. I'm using a USB-C headphones that is OK but doesn't offer the volume I need.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 03-02-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-2018 03:31 PM
    Ah okay.
    It'll still be with Andy's phone and the Mi Note 2 as well for a little while.

I actually find I get good volume on the truly wireless headphones over the current USB-C headphones. Go figure...

...thanks for the cluster****, Google.
    03-02-2018 03:41 PM
    Glad the work day is done. Weather is still crap though.
    03-02-2018 06:21 PM
    That's the weather today in a nutshell. img_20180302_172937.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-2018 06:22 PM
    That's the weather today in a nutshell. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180302_172937.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	138797
    Yuck! 😞 I hope it gets nicer soon.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-02-2018 07:13 PM
    It'll still be with Andy's phone and the Mi Note 2 as well for a little while.

I actually find I get good volume on the truly wireless headphones over the current USB-C headphones. Go figure...

...thanks for the cluster****, Google.
    True. Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing about your impressions, thoughts, experience. Just share it all haha
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-2018 07:36 PM
    I think I might want to try an Android Go or an Android One phone. I know these are two different things but I'm sure the latter would probably run nicely. Android Go is an interesting concept and I just wonder how it would be to try that out.

As for Android One, the current available options are too tall for my liking.

Edit: I looked into the Android One phones and I mean the ones that can actually get LTE here. The Nokia 8 Sirocco is passable but $$$. I don't even want to think about how much that would be in dollars.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-02-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    03-02-2018 07:38 PM
    I think I might want to try an Android Go or an Android One phone. I know these are two different things but I'm sure the latter would probably run nicely. Android Go is an interesting concept and I just wonder how it would be to try that out.

As for Android One, the current available options are too tall for my liking.

Edit: I looked into the Android One phones and I mean the ones that can actually get LTE here. The Nokia 8 Sirocco is passable but $$$. I don't even want to think about how much that would be in dollars.
    ?

You know that there's virtually no difference between the Pixel experience you've had to the Android One or Android Go (Android One on super basic hardware) software...

...?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-2018 08:36 PM
    ?

You know that there's virtually no difference between the Pixel experience you've had to the Android One or Android Go (Android One on super basic hardware) software...

...?
    I know this thought is random but how it would be on non-Google hardware is interesting to me. The only problem I had with the Pixel 2 aside from the just ok battery life was the height. It was just too tall for me. Otherwise, solid phone.

For Android Go, I'm curious to see if it would run better than other low-end phones with regular Android, usually pretty skinned at that too. I just want to try one out. I might not last with an Android Go phone, but the Android One ones though, should be fine.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-02-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    03-02-2018 08:42 PM
    I know this thought is random but how it would be on non-Google hardware is interesting to me. The only problem I had with the Pixel 2 aside from the just ok battery life was the height. It was just too tall for me. Otherwise, solid phone.

For Android Go, I'm curious to see if it would run better than other low-end phones with regular Android, usually pretty skinned at that too. I just want to try one out. I might not last with an Android Go phone, but the Android One ones though, should be fine.
    I guess.

My perspective is different because I've owned Nexus devices and flashed pure AOSP/Samsung/HTC/Sony/MIUI ROMs on them. Some of the old stuff you could go completely Google apps free.

So I'm used to to "stock Android" on non Google devices. Plus I've used HTC phones were people flashed AOSP/Sony ROMs too.

Custom ROMs for me were so, so much fun back in the day...
    03-02-2018 09:14 PM
145,721 ... 56585659566056615662 ...