The fog covered building was represented nicely. mvimg_20180425_180910.jpg
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-25-2018 06:04 PM
    I picked up Andy's phone in Best Buy today (held the demo unit, not bought one). They did so much right with the device, except for too much hype, the camera and the radios. I could forgive the first two, but both the Mi Mix 2 and Pixel 2 have better radios. That's why I don't own Andy's phone anymore.

Design was off the charts. The screen is barely bigger than my Mix 2 and yet the footprint is the second size as the Pixel. We will see what they do this year.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-25-2018 10:09 PM
    I'm very curious how well the flagships will do for this year. I'm watching HTC, Sony, Google and LG closely. If the S9+ sales are any indication, it's gonna be a tough year for OEMs.
    04-25-2018 10:45 PM
    What a week. The grind is more intense each week. Relief is recommended, but is in sight.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-2018 09:56 AM
    What a week. The grind is more intense each week. Relief is recommended, but is in sight.
    Good to hear that it is in sight for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-2018 11:16 AM
    Breaking in new shoes is not fun at all, but better today than doing it the day of the wedding. I figured this was the perfect day since I have work and class. If a day like that doesn't break them in, I don't know what will.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-26-2018 11:18 AM
    Ouch they are increasing the price of Prime next month to $119. That's a noticeable increase! That made me change my account over to Student. I meant to do that but I kept putting it off. When I graduate, I'll decide what to do but that's a while from now.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/26/...119-in-the-us/
    04-26-2018 09:12 PM
    Wow!! Peace breaking out in Korea...

... !
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    04-27-2018 05:21 AM
    Wow!! Peace breaking out in Korea...

... !
    I do wonder how it will play out. Most likly trump will take the credit for bringing them together
    raycpl likes this.
    04-27-2018 03:34 PM

I'm digging this song a lot
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2018 03:51 PM
    Sometimes it is in the greatest of challenges one can find resolve and key lessons for growth.

Today was a day I was reminded how busted up US healthcare can be and how horrible socioeconomic status can give those at the short end of the stick a raw deal. And also how poor mental/physical health will put people in the jaws of the meat grinder that's healthcare and leave them with as much healing as trauma.

I was also reminded that my head and heart are in the right place professionally, but I need better tools and more clout to make some of the changes happen that I feel can be more beneficial to the clients I encounter.

Gotta stay the course and grow, I guess.
    04-27-2018 07:05 PM
    Sometimes it is in the greatest of challenges one can find resolve and key lessons for growth.

Today was a day I was reminded how busted up US healthcare can be and how horrible socioeconomic status can give those at the short end of the stick a raw deal. And also how poor mental/physical health will put people in the jaws of the meat grinder that's healthcare and leave them with as much healing as trauma.

I was also reminded that my head and heart are in the right place professionally, but I need better tools and more clout to make some of the changes happen that I feel can be more beneficial to the clients I encounter.

Gotta stay the course and grow, I guess.
    This is just the beginning. My daughter ages out of the school system in a little over 2 years and it frightens my wife and I to our core. Currently, only Pennsylvania offers any adult programs for those with Autism and it may be insolvent soon. When my baby girl was diagnosed there were very few cases being reported and the public awareness was nonexistent. I can only imagine what 10-15 years from now things will be like. Fasten your seatbelts young man, you’re on the frontline.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-27-2018 07:23 PM
    This is just the beginning. My daughter ages out of the school system in a little over 2 years and it frightens my wife and I to our core. Currently, only Pennsylvania offers any adult programs for those with Autism and it may be insolvent soon. When my baby girl was diagnosed there were very few cases being reported and the public awareness was nonexistent. I can only imagine what 10-15 years from now things will be like. Fasten your seatbelts young man, you’re on the frontline.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2018 07:26 PM
    "Many things you feared have been in place for years."
    Back Again - Dilated Peoples

The only way I'll survive is to get my clincial license within the next 6 years. It's gonna get worse before there is even the thought of it getting better...and with some of the young people who are still sucking from the teat of shallow entitlement, Heaven help them when they get to the age of the seniors I work with...if some of them do, that is. It's gonna be ROUGH as F.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-27-2018 07:32 PM
    More random Pixels.img_20180426_165412.jpg
    libra89, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    04-27-2018 08:42 PM
    More random Pixels.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180426_165412.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	139110
    Those flowers are lovely. ☺️
    libra89 likes this.
    04-28-2018 12:41 AM
    Took my kid to a first event at school. It was an absolute blast.
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2018 12:53 AM
    Packed and ready for a long weekend at Kota Kinabalu. Hopefully will get to visit the farm and go to the beach at Tanjung Aru and see an amazing sunset

... !
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2018 02:41 AM
    Plane delayed for a hour... Airport WiFi is atrocious...
    The actual flight was kind of smooth. Managed to catch an hour of Maze Runner 3 in-flight movie with some crunchy peanuts and OJ.

Looking out of the window and city's nightscape looks pretty. As the plane descended, the ground rushed up. The landing light flashed past the window, just as the plane was about to touch down... it suddenly it pull up. Aborted landing.
    It proceeded to circle over the city for another approach.... ,before making a speedy landing

I have flown in bad storms before, where the plane had to make a u-turn home or diverted to another city. Or keep a holding pattern above the destination for quite a while. But its my first experience of a last second aborted landing...
    Where is my darn coffee...
    04-28-2018 09:45 AM
    On the way to my friend's wedding! So excited!!
    04-28-2018 11:17 AM
    Ah... Dim Sum breakfast!!
    Haven't stuffed my face in a while, in such a variety of ways

... !
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2018 07:05 PM
    On the way to my friend's wedding! So excited!!
    By the way, this wedding was 3 hours away so yeah.

It was beautiful. I'm so thankful that I was one of the small number of people to be invited. I'm so happy for them. I was there with the friend I rode down with, another friend and friends that are a couple. We had a great time.

One of the friends mentioned that there's only 4 of us now that are single in our friend group. She was right, and it's really so interesting that it is that way now, considering that we started to know each other as single people (aside from that one married couple we met who married young).

Edit: I forgot something. The shoes worked out perfectly, my feet weren't even done by the end of the night. Just my heels a little bit, which is better than expected.
    Last edited by libra89; 04-29-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-29-2018 02:36 PM
    Considering it's the final 2 weeks, I'll be lurking here and there. I'm trying to finish strong.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-30-2018 11:53 AM
    So I finally got the replacement bands for the Q explorist. The rose gold stainless steel looked great, but it was such a fight to get the pins in and out. The brown leather band I have feels ok but is super stiff. I guess I will have to get the wood strap after all.

I can already tell battery life is going to be an issue with that watch. Gonna test it out with the Mix 2 in the morning, so I'll see.
    04-30-2018 07:26 PM
    Considering it's the final 2 weeks, I'll be lurking here and there. I'm trying to finish strong.
    You'll do just fine. Good luck!
    04-30-2018 07:26 PM
144,474 ... 56985699570057015702 ...