Meanwhile in my neck of the woods, visions of a blue or purple LG V30+ keep whispering softly in my ear...
    I may end up getting one towards the end of the year, if the price is right and I have the $ to spare.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-10-2018 09:31 PM
    925 is for WP8.1 nostalgia I guess. But since the OS is no longer supported, I guess it might not be a bad idea to ditch it.

Idol 4s is for WM10 nostalgia.

The tablet add-on is $10/month. My go to tablet is WiFi - I left my data capable Samsung Tab S2 in the seat pocket of American Airlines if you recall - so the SIM would have to go into my iPad Air 2 mostly to watch Netflix on the road. Funny thing is I now have three iPads in the house that are all data capable and no Android tablet that takes a SIM card.
    Ah okay, that makes sense. I remember that you left your tablet on a plane :( I think it could be worth it since you seem to travel at least monthly.

As for the 4s and 925, that is tough.
    05-11-2018 08:31 AM
    So I updated the Idol 4s last night.
    It seems to run quite well on the latest mobile update. Also the new Twitter app for Windows is pretty damn good.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-11-2018 09:11 AM
    It took Microsoft about 5 years but I'm happy to report that the dreaded Loading / Resuming is virtually non existent with the latest build of WM10.

A happy surprise indeed.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-11-2018 09:18 AM
    Went go karting with the team today.
    It was a lot of fun.
    05-11-2018 05:40 PM
    Went go karting with the team today.
    It was a lot of fun.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8fe0884d3.jpg
    That looks like it was a blast. 🏎️
    libra89 and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    05-11-2018 05:59 PM
    That looks like it was a blast. ️
    Agreed, it does.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2018 08:34 PM
    Finally done the paper. I have done my best and I'm so glad to finally be done for the semester. I'll be waiting for grades of course, but I'm so excited to read books, watch games and such for these next 2 weeks. My coworker laughed at my excitement but I really can't wait.

By the way, Impulse Blocker for Firefox is simple and works well for blocking and focus. That was a great find to be able to get through these 2 weeks off of everything fun. lol
    05-11-2018 09:07 PM
    @ 99
    Not sure if you saw this, but I found this to be really interesting. Erica Griffin tries using her iPad Pro as a daily driver. I know that this is not what you wish to do, but it made me think of you debating paying for a tablet line. I'm very surprised by her results!

Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2018 09:28 PM
    Having my post election breakfast with a plate of grilled crispy dumplings.

wp_20180509_16_38_55_pro-2-.jpg

It's been hectic and hell of a rollercoaster ride over the past few days, the dust has still yet settled completely... its going to be long and slow road to recovery. One thing is obvious here.. "the power of the people is greater than the people in power" is indeed true.

... !
    Last edited by raycpl; 05-11-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    05-11-2018 10:22 PM
    I was impressed by the Xiaomi Blackshark. But I truly wonder who will bit these things going fowarded. I would love a gaming tablet at 8", but we will see.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-13-2018 12:37 PM
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, some fellas included.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-13-2018 12:49 PM
    I was impressed by the Xiaomi Blackshark. But I truly wonder who will bit these things going fowarded. I would love a gaming tablet at 8", but we will see.
    It's a very interesting idea for sure but I wonder the same as you really.
    05-13-2018 08:09 PM
    A nest in a guava tree. The guess is that it is a hummingbird's nest.
    05-13-2018 08:16 PM
    A nest in a guava tree. The guess is that it is a hummingbird's nest.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65fff9db50.jpg
    Wow, what a cool shot!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2018 08:17 PM
    Recent SE 2 rumors are "interesting". One says that there will be a notch...which is funny to me. That's so not going to happen.

There's a recent one saying that it's going to be released in September, which is annoyingly long. That feels pretty long from a timeline of May/June to September. Depending on sales/promos, I might just try the XZ2 Compact after all. Just not at full price. I realize that this might sound weird considering it is between the SE 2 and the XZ2 Compact for me, but I don't think there would be much of a loss in waiting for a slight sale and trying out the XZ2C since the timeframe is long enough for that to happen. It's looking like Oreo will come for my A3 before the SE2 is announced...
    Last edited by libra89; 05-13-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2018 08:30 PM
    Recent SE 2 rumors are "interesting". One says that there will be a notch...which is funny to me. That's so not going to happen.

There's a recent one saying that it's going to be released in September, which is annoyingly long. That feels pretty long from a timeline of May/June to September. Depending on sales/promos, I might just try the XZ2 Compact after all. Just not at full price. I realize that this might sound weird considering it is between the SE 2 and the XZ2 Compact for me, but I don't think there would be much of a loss in waiting for a slight sale and trying out the XZ2C since the timeframe is long enough for that to happen. It's looking like Oreo will come for my A3 before the SE2 is announced...
    Good luck with this.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-14-2018 07:03 AM
    Monday Monday, can't trust that day.

Truer words have never been spoken. Add in some rain and you have the perfect recipe for homicidal thoughts (figuratively, of course) on the roadways.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-14-2018 07:41 AM
    Good luck with this.
    Thanks. We'll see. I know that there wouldn't be a crazy sale just yet but it will come, and I can wait. The Galaxy A3 is a solid phone, my only gripe with it is having apps crash or freeze, basically performance hiccups.
    05-14-2018 09:30 AM
    Thanks. We'll see. I know that there wouldn't be a crazy sale just yet but it will come, and I can wait. The Galaxy A3 is a solid phone, my only gripe with it is having apps crash or freeze, basically performance hiccups.
    Here in the real world we call that the Samsung Lag Experience.
    05-14-2018 09:36 AM
    Here in the real world we call that the Samsung Lag Experience.
    LOL, that's possible but I blame the RAM as well.
    05-14-2018 09:37 AM
    Just dealt with a tool of a doctor to start the Monday. Fortunately for me, the client was nice enough to ask me to exit before she returned fire.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2018 09:39 AM
    LOL, that's possible but I blame the RAM as well.
    It's all a part of the experience.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-14-2018 09:39 AM
    It's all a part of the experience.
    That's a valid point but this is one reason why I'm kind of curious about these Android One phones, to see if it will operate the same with the same amount of storage and RAM. Sadly, they (the ones that are available here) are all too tall though, aside from the fancy Nokia 8 that I can't recall the name of right now. That one is just expensive and I can't.
    05-14-2018 11:07 AM
    That's a valid point but this is one reason why I'm kind of curious about these Android One phones, to see if it will operate the same with the same amount of storage and RAM. Sadly, they (the ones that are available here) are all too tall though, aside from the fancy Nokia 8 that I can't recall the name of right now. That one is just expensive and I can't.
    Nokia 8 Sirocco, I believe was what you were looking for...

...when I was "a baby G in thought" the 8800 Sirocco was one of the sexiest sliders I ever saw...

The initial point of Android One was Pixel like update support. We will see.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-14-2018 12:57 PM
145,253 ... 57035704570557065707 ...