At home the cable stays in ok, barely. In the car it tends to slip out all the time so very frustrating. I have to hold it in place with pressure.

To prove its not the cable, wife uses the same cable no issues.
    Gotcha. That's so weird.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-08-2018 11:52 AM
    Sorry to spam the thread. I lost my phone a few days ago and have been trying to see if I could recover it. Well last night I wiped it via Find my Phone and ordered a replacement.

Went from a Panda Pixel 2XL to a Black Pixel 2XL.
    Pixel 3 series is still a bit overpriced. I had a few bills in the last 15 days that drained the account significantly so I decided to play it safe. Probably will get a Pixel 3 in March 2019.
    Nope, not spam at all. It's good to hear from you. I think you went for the best option at this time.

I agree, it is overpriced, but I'll admit that I'm kind of curious to try one (the smaller one, that is) but if I do, a phone has to give. lol
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2018 11:57 AM
    I have Dire Straits 0 Brothers in Arms CD!!
    My first one was Def Leppard - The Vault that I purchased in 1996. It is currently playing in my car - Hysteria is my favorite track on that album.
    I think I heard the Hysteria Def Leppard album too much in the late 80s... I don't mind the songs but even when they come on the radio I groan a little.

I think most songs on that album was released as a single and got played to death.

The group really couldn't do much after that. They peaked and people got tired of them. In a way I feel sorry for them. They're still around and touring and releasing albums.

I used Limewire as well.
    11-08-2018 11:58 AM
    Does anyone remember Limewire?

I snagged in way early on in the 90s. It is still on my Win2000 computer and boy it's stealth mode was the best. I never, ever, ever updated the OG version and it ran smooth till I parked that computer in the garage in 2007 or so where it still is :-)

I remember about three years ago telling my friend who recommended it to me that I still have it and he was amazed.

Things have come along a long way since then.
    I now just get stuff on Amazon using the promotional credits I get for getting a package a couple of days late.
    I remember Limewire. That was another good one too.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2018 12:11 PM
    Speaking of phones, so I'm officially down to 2 now. The Essential Phone is sold and gone, the Note 4 is gone too. I gave away my 7, so that leaves me with the iPhone Xr and Galaxy A3. (The size difference is laughable but makes me a little sad when I use the A3.)

I can't shake the need to try the X so I'm waiting for the X to come in (the dumb decision was how I got the X) and I will return the Xr once it comes in. I can always get another Xr if I regret this decision.
    11-08-2018 12:16 PM
    Does anyone remember Limewire?

I snagged in way early on in the 90s. It is still on my Win2000 computer and boy it's stealth mode was the best. I never, ever, ever updated the OG version and it ran smooth till I parked that computer in the garage in 2007 or so where it still is :-)

I remember about three years ago telling my friend who recommended it to me that I still have it and he was amazed.

Things have come along a long way since then.
    I now just get stuff on Amazon using the promotional credits I get for getting a package a couple of days late.
    I remember it. It was really cool.
    11-08-2018 12:26 PM
    Nope, not spam at all. It's good to hear from you. I think you went for the best option at this time.

I agree, it is overpriced, but I'll admit that I'm kind of curious to try one (the smaller one, that is) but if I do, a phone has to give. lol
    I am definitely "notch" getting the Pixel 3XL.
    I am most likely getting a Pixel 3 or staying put with the Pixel 2XL.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2018 01:20 PM
    I think I heard the Hysteria Def Leppard album too much in the late 80s... I don't mind the songs but even when they come on the radio I groan a little.

I think most songs on that album was released as a single and got played to death.

The group really couldn't do much after that. They peaked and people got tired of them. In a way I feel sorry for them. They're still around and touring and releasing albums.

I used Limewire as well.
    Oh I do remember everything on the Hysteria album getting played ad nauseum on MTV (which is how I got hooked onto music in India since there weren't any mainstream AM or FM stations playing any Western music back in those days).
    11-08-2018 01:21 PM
    I am definitely "notch" getting the Pixel 3XL.
    I am most likely getting a Pixel 3 or staying put with the Pixel 2XL.
    I see what you did there
    worldspy99 likes this.
    11-08-2018 01:22 PM
    Though I don't wear headphones that often I do wonder about using the charging port as the headphones as well.

Currently on my XZ I have an issue where the USB plug doesn't stay in properly. It slips out in other words when moved. So totally useless for headphones. No idea how this has happened.

My wife's XZ1 compact sometimes doesn't acknowledge the USB cable to charge.

In truth I'm not overly impressed with UCB C if the charging ports are this fragile. Never had an issue with micro USB.

I do worry one day I won't be able to charge my phone. If that happens I'll never buy another Sony phone. Mobile phones are too much of a pain to fix and Sony phones are notorious for being difficult.
    USB-C ports have really poor design tolerance issues.
    Helps to use a factory cable but even then there are differences.
    You don't see that with Lightning - at least I will give Apple credit in that regard.
    11-08-2018 01:23 PM
    Sorry to spam the thread. I lost my phone a few days ago and have been trying to see if I could recover it. Well last night I wiped it via Find my Phone and ordered a replacement.

Went from a Panda Pixel 2XL to a Black Pixel 2XL.
    Pixel 3 series is still a bit overpriced. I had a few bills in the last 15 days that drained the account significantly so I decided to play it safe. Probably will get a Pixel 3 in March 2019.
    Yikes. I'm sorry you lost your phone. I hope the new one arrives quickly.
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    11-08-2018 01:33 PM
    I remember Limewire. That was another good one too.
    I also used Limewire.
    N_LaRUE, worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    11-08-2018 01:34 PM
    Yikes. I'm sorry you lost your phone. I hope the new one arrives quickly.
    Hopefully Saturday, otherwise Monday.
    I went back to the Pixel 2XL.
    11-08-2018 01:58 PM
    I also used Limewire.
    Napster was getting a lot of bad press.
    Bearshare was shall we say a bear to use.
    Limewire just worked and like an Energizer bunny kept working long after Napster was banished to the internet Netherlands.
    11-08-2018 01:59 PM
    Hopefully Saturday, otherwise Monday.
    I went back to the Pixel 2XL.
    Excellent! Hopefully it'll arrive sooner, rather than later.
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    11-08-2018 02:00 PM
    Excellent! Hopefully it'll arrive sooner, rather than later.
    I second this.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    11-08-2018 02:09 PM
    In another development with my work travel going crazy (including international travel) I caved in and got a work phone. iPhone 8 256GB with unlimited everything including $10 per day Global unlimited data plan. Went with AT&T as their international tie ups are better than Verizon.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    11-08-2018 11:02 PM
    In another development with my work travel going crazy (including international travel) I caved in and got a work phone. iPhone 8 256GB with unlimited everything including $10 per day Global unlimited data plan. Went with AT&T as their international tie ups are better than Verizon.
    Nice! It's true that you do a lot of travel. Might as well!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2018 11:19 PM
    Nice! It's true that you do a lot of travel. Might as well!
    I figured I saved the company plenty of money by not having a company device for the last 7 years
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    11-08-2018 11:21 PM
    Oh I do remember everything on the Hysteria album getting played ad nauseum on MTV (which is how I got hooked onto music in India since there weren't any mainstream AM or FM stations playing any Western music back in those days).
    I also had a school friend that listened to nothing but that album since it came out. It was odd.

The 80s was a mess of music and an obsession with tribal groups based on the music you listened to. So glad that's gone.

My listening tastes has always been varied but in the 80s I was more metal than anything else. I haven't mellowed much but I don't listen exclusively like I had back then.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2018 02:36 AM
    USB-C ports have really poor design tolerance issues.
    Helps to use a factory cable but even then there are differences.
    You don't see that with Lightning - at least I will give Apple credit in that regard.
    I use the Sony cable that came with the phone for charging in the house. The car is aftermarket but no idea why this has happened still.

Not impressed.
    11-09-2018 02:38 AM
    I figured I saved the company plenty of money by not having a company device for the last 7 years
    You deserve it after 7 years!
    11-09-2018 02:38 AM
    Friday, eh?
    11-09-2018 08:45 AM
    I use the Sony cable that came with the phone for charging in the house. The car is aftermarket but no idea why this has happened still.

Not impressed.
    Not all aftermarket USB-C cables are good.
    My favorite is Tech Matte that I got about 3 years ago. Probably the best one of the bunch that I have aftermarket, after that I would pick Aukey. These days I mostly use the factory cable with my devices. The Aukey is in the car, the Tech Matte is on the 6 port charging stand.
    11-09-2018 12:28 PM
    I also had a school friend that listened to nothing but that album since it came out. It was odd.

The 80s was a mess of music and an obsession with tribal groups based on the music you listened to. So glad that's gone.

My listening tastes has always been varied but in the 80s I was more metal than anything else. I haven't mellowed much but I don't listen exclusively like I had back then.
    The stuff I listened to in the 80s and 90s was very different than mainstream Western music that young kids listened to in India. So I really had only a couple of friends with whom I would swap cassettes etc. The rest didn't understand our tastes at all.
    11-09-2018 12:29 PM
145,211 ... 58025803580458055806 ...