To everyone that is joining in the celebrations..
    Kong Hei Fatt Choy
    [IMG=640x640]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/c2f47f2311ed9dc26533c4eb7bdf91cf.jpg[/url]
    Happy New Year!
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-25-2020 07:11 AM
    So which new phones do you guys use now ?!
    Pixel 3a
    iPhone 11
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-26-2020 06:24 AM
    Kung Hei Fatt Choi @raycpl
    raycpl likes this.
    01-26-2020 06:25 AM
    So, in-hand feel is underrated, but something I always take into account with a device. Some handsets turn me off when I pick them up, some take a while to warm up to, and some make sense from the moment I touch them. I judge the feel without a case on first, as some phones can be improved with a case (I keeping in a case anyways).

Xiaomi is a good example. The Mi 5 is still my favorite from them of all time. In hand feel so super, super good. Mi Note 2 had a nice in hand feel I liked front the beginning. The Mi Mix 2 I really liked too. The Mi 6 was in the middle for me. I played with a Pocophone F1 and a Mi 8 and could tell immediately they weren't for me.

I recently got to hold a Mi 9t pro and a Mi 9. While I respect both handsets and what Xiaomi is doing, they were never ones I would seek out to buy - and my in hand feel confirmed it. The 9t pro is very nice. The Mi 9 is very nice too. I just don't like the in hand feel of the Mi 9t and the Mi 9 has the type that can grow on me. If I had to keep only one based on in hand feel, it would be the Mi 9.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    01-26-2020 01:04 PM
    So having messed around recently with both a Mi 9t pro and a Mi 9, here are my thoughts:

Mi 9t pro:

- Screen is good enough. 1080P made by Samsung, no complaints. Love the all screen look as I don't care for selfie cams

- Overall weight and build quality is good

- The blue and red colors with the flamed patterns on the back are very eye catching. I love the carbon fiber black more but that's subjective.

- Performance is very good.

- Pop up camera is interesting.

- Fast charging is welcomed.

- 3.5mm is always welcomed.

- Bigger battery is always wekcomed.

Mi 9:

- Screen comments are the same as Mi 9t pro

- Feels a bit narrower in hand based on the curve

- IR blaster is a nice treat

- Performance is similar to the Mi 9t pro

- No 3.5mm will always suck for me

- Fast charging (wired and Qi) very appreciated

- Camera is very similar to the Mi 9t pro

Gripes:

- I don't like the in hand feel of the Mi 9t. The curve of the Mi 9 makes sense to me. The more angular/traditional style of the V40 makes sense. The Mi 9t is some kind of "odd feeling intermediate ". There is a slight curve on the back that does not for make it feel narrower and fit better in hand, for my tastes. I'm not a faux guy and that's what I'm getting here.

- I don't like the notch on the Mi 9. It's bigger than it needs to be and Essential still had the neatest notch in waterdrop style (Oneplus is number two for me).

- Not a fan of the camera on each. No OIS sucks. Found a nice g cam port so using both that and the stock app is a good workaround.

Overall, both are good phones and strong arguments for their target audience. Mi 9 is a nice value of mix of flagship features for the price point. The Mi 9t pro is a good mix of performance power with nice styling for its price point. If I were picking between both, I'd pick a Mi Mix 3 5G as it has the mix of the strengths of both for my needs (5G, good price, all screen, premium design, better cameras with OIS at the cost of both the 3.5mm and Qi and a brick weight wise). If I had to get ONLY one for my needs, it'd be the Mi 9.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-26-2020 01:27 PM
    Just turned on the TV for the first time today and was welcomed with the news of Kobe Bryant's passing. Turned it back off.
    01-26-2020 04:55 PM
    Just turned on the TV for the first time today and was welcomed with the news of Kobe Bryant's passing. Turned it back off.
    Don't blame you. No one saw that coming.
    01-26-2020 05:05 PM
    Don't blame you. No one saw that coming.
    Seriously! So sad :(
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-26-2020 09:44 PM
    Kung Hei Fatt Choi @raycpl
    Hong bao nah lai...
    (translation: just gimme the darn red packet!! )
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-26-2020 09:58 PM
    Hong bao nah lai...
    (translation: just gimme the darn red packet!! )
    What's your WeChat ID?
    01-26-2020 10:05 PM
    What's your WeChat ID?
    I haven't use it for years
    (edit: couldn't get into WeChat... plus they pulled their app out of WP store(
    Last edited by raycpl; 01-27-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    01-26-2020 10:39 PM
    Hello Monday, I have one question: when's Tuesday coming to get you?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2020 08:24 AM
    Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
    Thursday doesn't even start
    It's Friday I'm in love
    N_LaRUE, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-27-2020 08:55 AM
    It's Friday I'm in love
    Guess you're like this? I agree.

aximtreo, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    01-27-2020 12:32 PM
    Monday is your weekly reminder that you should have either stayed in school, picked a better major or married someone rich. I somehow struck out on all three.
    01-27-2020 02:23 PM
    Monday is your weekly reminder that you should have either stayed in school, picked a better major or married someone rich. I somehow struck out on all three.
    I was unlucky in all three for different reasons. Had to pay for my own schooling; wasn't good enough to get into those uber money making majors; and was too replaceable in the ultra compete sugar mommy wanted market.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2020 05:08 PM
    So I plan to use a Mi 9 for the business phone. I was going to use an iPhone SE2 but I got the Mi 9 at a very nice deal (thanks very much, you-know-who).

I'm setting it up and will leave it dormant. It's the dual SIM model, so it's really good for what I have in mind. No complaints there.
    01-27-2020 08:01 PM
    It's Friday I'm in love
    Great song!

N_LaRUE and raycpl like this.
    01-27-2020 09:17 PM
    So I plan to use a Mi 9 for the business phone. I was going to use an iPhone SE2 but I got the Mi 9 at a very nice deal (thanks very much, you-know-who).

I'm setting it up and will leave it dormant. It's the dual SIM model, so it's really good for what I have in mind. No complaints there.
    That sounds like a great plan. I hope it works out well for you.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-27-2020 09:18 PM
    That sounds like a great plan. I hope it works out well for you.
    Thanks. It should be fine. I put Nova on it with a nice black theme. I set up separate outlook and Gmail accounts just for that. I'm sitting on a promo code for office and I may end my personal subscription and just tack it onto the new emails here I created.

The Mi 9 is a solid device and even though it's the small shortage (64GB), that should work. My work phone is a 6S with 32GB and since all I use it to do is calls, emails, text and work specific pictures, the storage is fine.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-27-2020 10:41 PM
    Guess you're like this? I agree.

yup
    and this...
    aximtreo, libra89, N_LaRUE and 3 others like this.
    01-28-2020 01:28 AM
    yup
    and this...
    If Blue Monday doesn't make you wanna get up and dance, check for a pulse. Get Down Tonight also falls in that category.
    01-28-2020 06:38 PM
    Another day in the books.
    01-28-2020 09:43 PM
    If Blue Monday doesn't make you wanna get up and dance, check for a pulse. Get Down Tonight also falls in that category.
    NewOrder... one of my fave bands. 70s and 80s stuff more than do it for me!!
    01-28-2020 11:09 PM
    I found out that Spotify now has a special channel for dogs. I haven't checked to see if Laurie Anderson is in the playlist.
    N_LaRUE and raycpl like this.
    01-29-2020 12:55 AM
153,291 ... 61066107610861096110 ...