Morning all. Finished the job I was working on and have had to move back to the office in the Kent countryside. Missing London already. Although driving into work was a nice change from the rush hour commute on the train
    I thought you were a London based. I must have missed where you said you were from Kent. :P There are worse places to be though.

I haven't been in London in a few weeks now. I'm having withdrawals. :P
    martinmc78 likes this.
    11-04-2013 04:10 AM
    Cinnamon has ended up in my coffee. Can't say I like it. :(
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-04-2013 04:13 AM
    I thought you were a London based. I must have missed where you said you were from Kent. :P There are worse places to be though.

I haven't been in London in a few weeks now. I'm having withdrawals. :P
    We were only based in London for the duration of the project we were on. The head office of the company I work for is in Kent and im from Essex so its a short 30 minute drive to work for me.

Yeah although the office itself isn't great as its a converted large shed from an old chicken battery farm its surrounded by fields and there's a stable next door so I can walk out of the front door and see the horses roaming around in their paddocks which is a big shift from the hustle and bustle of central London.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-04-2013 04:28 AM
    We were only based in London for the duration of the project we were on. The head office of the company I work for is in Kent and im from Essex so its a short 30 minute drive to work for me.
    Ah. I miss being in a city. The town I live in is OK but there are days when I just want to be in a place where things are easily to hand. I end having to drive everywhere all the time is annoying.

Yeah although the office itself isn't great as its a converted large shed from an old chicken battery farm its surrounded by fields and there's a stable next door so I can walk out of the front door and see the horses roaming around in their paddocks which is a big shift from the hustle and bustle of central London.
    Yeah that's quite the change! At least you have some nice area to look at. I'm by an airport and basically other buildings. Nothing exciting here.
    11-04-2013 04:37 AM
    I know right... after looking at the shots and how the price is ....its a very hard price not to say no
    Maybe i will get one. Maybe. Not pushing it right now because there are other things I need. Still, so far it looks impressive. I still like my Nexus 4 enough to skip it for now and continue my tradition of waiting 1 year after launch to getting a Nexus device.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-04-2013 05:27 AM
    Morning folks. I think I had too much pizza yesterday (one large pie) and my stomach feels like I'm going to pay for it...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-04-2013 05:30 AM
    Morning folks. I think I had too much pizza yesterday (one large pie) and my stomach feels like I'm going to pay for it...
    Pizza bloat huh? :)

I've been learning too much about dough lately. I'm starting to believe that most 'fast' food pizzas doughs are not properly risen.
    11-04-2013 05:36 AM
    So I'm looking around at the tablet situation. I see I can probably pickup a Surface RT with keyboard fro 249 at Tesco. Much as I'd like to get the Surface 2 I just can't justify the price. At 249 the RT is pretty much a steal. Just trying to think if it's a good idea to buy one.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    11-04-2013 05:43 AM
    So I'm looking around at the tablet situation. I see I can probably pickup a Surface RT with keyboard fro 249 at Tesco. Much as I'd like to get the Surface 2 I just can't justify the price. At 249 the RT is pretty much a steal. Just trying to think if it's a good idea to buy one.
    If it's 64GB, then yes, it's a steal. Also, the Surface RT on Win8.1 performs quite well, actually. Just make sure you don't play any heavy games on it.
    11-04-2013 05:50 AM
    If it's 64GB, then yes, it's a steal. Also, the Surface RT on Win8.1 performs quite well, actually. Just make sure you don't play any heavy games on it.
    I'm not a gammer anyway. :P No it's for the 32GB version. It's hard to find it for any cheaper brand new. Keep in mind this is with keyboard.
    11-04-2013 05:53 AM
    I'm not a gammer anyway. :P No it's for the 32GB version. It's hard to find it for any cheaper brand new. Keep in mind this is with keyboard.
    At Harvey Norman (Local tech store) You can get the 32GB Surface RT for $382AUD, or the 64GB Surface RT with touch cover for $392AUD...
    11-04-2013 05:57 AM
    In unrelated news, I'm forced to answer a 161 item problem set on Thermochemistry and Thermodynamics.

It's due tomorrow.
    snowmutt and sahib lopez like this.
    11-04-2013 06:00 AM
    At Harvey Norman (Local tech store) You can get the 32GB Surface RT for $382AUD, or the 64GB Surface RT with touch cover for $392AUD...
    It's 249 with toch cover for 32GB ($418AUD) or 309 for 64GB with toch cover ($519AUD) Keep in mind that's 'best' exchange rates. Not sure why things are so expensive in the UK.
    11-04-2013 06:03 AM
    It's 249 with toch cover for 32GB ($418AUD) or 309 for 64GB with toch cover ($519AUD) Keep in mind that's 'best' exchange rates. Not sure why things are so expensive in the UK.
    VAT? i heard that could be one reason.

I guess many Australians wonder why our stuff is far more expensive than the US, we have GST, and we also have a far smaller (but demanding) market.
    11-04-2013 06:04 AM
    In unrelated news, I'm forced to answer a 161 item problem set on Thermochemistry and Thermodynamics.

It's due tomorrow.
    What does that mean exactly? You have to address 161 items? Is it written or multiple choice? Why is it 'forced'?
    11-04-2013 06:04 AM
    At least you can buy it. Here in the Philippines, i don't know of anyone who stocks a Surface RT or Surface 2.
    11-04-2013 06:05 AM
    VAT? i heard that could be one reason.
    True, but then Aus has GST. Though not as high as VAT.
    11-04-2013 06:05 AM
    True, but as i mentioned in my earlier post, we have a smaller population and market.
    11-04-2013 06:06 AM
    At least you can buy it. Here in the Philippines, i don't know of anyone who stocks a Surface RT or Surface 2.
    That's odd. Though for some reason I'm not surprised.
    11-04-2013 06:06 AM

It's due tomorrow.
    That is 2 more "thermo" then any person should have to deal with.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-04-2013 06:07 AM
    True, but as i mentioned in my earlier post, we have a smaller population and market.
    Yes I know. I'm an Australian citizen. I know this issues and why a lot of Aussies shop online. We have a fairly large market here in the UK/EU but prices always seem high. Oh well, can't make sense of it really.
    11-04-2013 06:08 AM
    Since Daylight Savings time has switch around, it is getting to be morning really early today.....
    11-04-2013 06:09 AM
    That's odd. Though for some reason I'm not surprised.
    It's always hard to beat Apple in product availability. I suppose Australia is lucky that it's apparently one of Windows Phones bigger markets and is one of the launch countries for the Surface 2. :)
    11-04-2013 06:09 AM
    I am pretty sure "VAT" is Value Added Tax, correct? But what is "GST"? And what is the difference?
    11-04-2013 06:10 AM
    I am pretty sure "VAT" is Value Added Tax, correct? But what is "GST"? And what is the difference?
    GST is "Goods and Services Tax". I'm not too sure what are the differences though.
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-04-2013 06:12 AM
142,723 ... 617618619620621 ...