First I was surprised I have never heard of polywater. Water is quite the important subject in biology as it is the physiological solvent everything is happening in. We had to study its physical properties quite extensively. Then I read this:
    I find it interesting how these things keep going even after being disputed. I like the part in the Wiki article by Richard Feynman.

if such a material existed, then there would exist an animal that would not need food. That animal would just ingest water and excrete polywater, using the energy released on the process to survive
    Chregu likes this.
    11-11-2013 07:08 AM
    Morning folks...overslept but didn't sleep well. Running late today...but looking forward to getting that cyan 920 at the end of the day...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-11-2013 07:18 AM
    Morning folks...overslept but didn't sleep well. Running late today...but looking forward to getting that cyan 920 at the end of the day...
    Hope your L920 experience is better than mine. :)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-11-2013 07:27 AM
    Hope your L920 experience is better than mine. :)
    We'll see. I got the dreaded AT&T model, so who knows what that means in terms updates...I'm semi-kidding when I say that. I think it should be ok. If I run into a 925, my friend is getting the 920. Still, it's gonna look nice with either of my cyan purity headphones.
    11-11-2013 07:30 AM
    Some phones do need a case. I'm hopeful that my 8X can survive the day case-less...i usually take the case off at home because it leaves marks on it if left on too long and of course I dashed out with the holster but no case. I care my stuff pretty well so it should be all good
    11-11-2013 07:33 AM
    We'll see. I got the dreaded AT&T model, so who knows what that means in terms updates...I'm semi-kidding when I say that. I think it should be ok. If I run into a 925, my friend is getting the 920. Still, it's gonna look nice with either of my cyan purity headphones.
    I had the cog wheels of death syndrome prior to them releasing that fix software and I have the battery drain issue. Hope you suffer neither. I would recommend doing a reset on it prior to personalizing it to ensure you don't have the cog wheel issue. Nothing worse than losing everything!
    11-11-2013 07:33 AM
    Some phones do need a case. I'm hopeful that my 8X can survive the day case-less...i usually take the case off at home because it leaves marks on it if left on too long and of course I dashed out with the holster but no case. I care my stuff pretty well so it should be all good

I never even thought about a case when I had my 8x that phones curves are just too sexy to cover up.
    11-11-2013 08:17 AM
    I never even thought about a case when I had my 8x that phones curves are just too sexy to cover up.
    How true. I never used a case and it still looks almost new and I still find it one of the most beautiful phones.

Funny enough, when I saw the first pictures I didn't like it. I changed my mind when I saw it for the first time.
    11-11-2013 08:36 AM
    Nobody cares about audio.
    11-11-2013 08:42 AM
    One thing I would improve on the 920 is the battery size, I can barely make it through 8 hours.
    11-11-2013 08:54 AM
    One thing I would improve on the 920 is the battery size, I can barely make it through 8 hours.
    The battery on the L920 is pathetic. Not sure why that is though. I've contemplated changing mine but I'm unsure if there are other hardware factors behind how crap it is.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-11-2013 09:13 AM
    Since I don't commute anymore, my 8X battery lasts forever. It's 2 hours less of listening to music and 1 hour less of potentially playing around with the thing.
    11-11-2013 09:19 AM
    I had the cog wheels of death syndrome prior to them releasing that fix software and I have the battery drain issue. Hope you suffer neither. I would recommend doing a reset on it prior to personalizing it to ensure you don't have the cog wheel issue. Nothing worse than losing everything!
    After I unlock it, since I'm on t-mobile, it's gonna get reset first thing. It is funny because now all,my phones will have sealed batteries and LCD screens in common (8X, 920, N4). At least my wireless charging plate will still get use...
    11-11-2013 09:20 AM
    The battery on the L920 is pathetic. Not sure why that is though. I've contemplated changing mine but I'm unsure if there are other hardware factors behind how crap it is.
    I'm holding off for a new phone for a few more years so hoping it a software issue.
    11-11-2013 09:21 AM
    I use two cases...a clear crystal case that sometimes is dust prone or my holster case which had a built in kickstand in the back. I'm a case guy because my phone turnover rate it so high that I have to protect them so when I sell them back, I pay minimal cash differences for a new model...
    11-11-2013 09:22 AM
    I'm holding off for a new phone for a few more years so hoping it a software issue.
    Just out of curiosity, does your phone heat up using the WPC app? Mine does along with doing pretty much anything. It's very annoying. If it's software related I hope they fix it soon. If it's hardware I want a new phone!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-11-2013 09:33 AM
    Since I don't commute anymore, my 8X battery lasts forever. It's 2 hours less of listening to music and 1 hour less of potentially playing around with the thing.
    My 8X is so interesting. I can get 2 days out of it if I push it right, simply because my work site is an old police precinct and since t-mo's reception in there is understandably shoddy, I flip it in flight mode alot. So between flight mode at work, late at night and on spots during my commute, it will last that long. I think overall I get 12 hours usage out of it daily, which isn't that bad for me.

Gong forward, the newer chipsets will make this power efficient because when you start to push the OS, WP8 can be a gas guzzler like pre-ICS Android.
    11-11-2013 09:36 AM
    That LCD panel is a gas guzzler. That is why HTC gets points from me for screen tech because they manage to get decent mileage out of their LCD screens. It's why Nokia uses OLED for everything else...Samsung probably wasn't going to make enough screens for the 1520, so the LCD panel is appropriate there...
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-11-2013 09:39 AM
    Nobody cares about audio.
    Some do. The Nokia N91 from an audio perspective can still slay nearly every high end smartphone on the market. HTC should, in order to make money, but...
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-11-2013 09:39 AM
    I still don't get this. Why on earth doesn't somebody improve battery tech - with the advances in all the other technology that becomes more and more power hungry battery life just doesn't seem to have improved in the last 5 years everyone just looks for ways to minimise the power draw.

If someone came out with a super 5000mah battery that took up the space of a standard battery and gave a smartphone a weeks worth of life it would fly off the shelves.
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    11-11-2013 10:17 AM
    I still don't get this. Why on earth doesn't somebody improve battery tech - with the advances in all the other technology that becomes more and more power hungry battery life just doesn't seem to have improved in the last 5 years everyone just looks for ways to minimise the power draw.

If someone came out with a super 5000mah battery that took up the space of a standard battery and gave a smartphone a weeks worth of life it would fly off the shelves.
    I think it exists I just think it's too expensive.
    11-11-2013 10:19 AM
    I think it exists I just think it's too expensive.
    Well I would pay the extra to not have to charge my phone daily.
    11-11-2013 10:27 AM
    Well I would pay the extra to not have to charge my phone daily.
    The problem with new technologies is they tend to be double to triple the price. From a manufacturer point of view that's too expensive and typically the process isn't in place for mass production. I'm sure we'll get them once things are in place. Probably another couple of years or so. They'll keep trying to push lithium ion technology but I think people are growing tired of the lack of power.
    11-11-2013 10:51 AM
    I've had a ATT cyan 920 since launch. No problems at all, love it. When I put it on the wireless charger at night, I'm still at 70% charge. I have yet to have a heat problem except for one time when I played a game for an hour straight. I don't know if it's because the LTE in my city is very good and that's why my battery life is good. But I've had no problems with that in a year of use.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-11-2013 11:53 AM

It's because in the 50's or later all the oil companies bought out the rights to battery technologies and buried them. Those rights last 50-60 years or a bit more and they're just starting to expire soon so expect to see some breakthroughs all of a sudden.
    11-11-2013 11:57 AM
144,450 ... 648649650651652 ...