Well I stayed up for 2 reasons 1) too see if I would see snow in the valley but sadly it's didn't snow :( it was sooo close too 2) me and my friend were texting each other saying who would stay up the longest and I think I won >:) anyways now I'm off to sleep ...good night and good morning :p
    I am in an age in which I definitely value my sleep more than winning such a silly bet.
    The only reason why I stay up longer than planned because of texting involves a very awesome woman ;-)
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    12-07-2013 04:19 AM
    I am in an age in which I definitely value my sleep more than winning such a silly bet.
    The only reason why I stay up longer than planned because of texting involves a very awesome woman ;-)
    I'd value my sleep too, but my classmates always start their group work late at night. If I sleep early, I'll become the reason for them not finishing, etc.
    Then they complain that they don't sleep enough.

Of course, I do all my work at school anyway...
    12-07-2013 05:47 AM
    Morning folks. Too much to do today so I will get started in a few minutes...
    12-07-2013 07:30 AM
    Best advice I can give, allow yourself to mourn. Being a 'man' is a silly idea.
    I am sorry for your loss.
    Thanks guys. My coworkers surprised me yesterday with a card. What was more humbling was that everyone who signed the card actually put money in it. The words in the card and the fact that only those who signed also gave money were more touching than the actual money itself. I plan to add this to the money I have and pass it along to my dad and aunt so it gets used in the final arrangements.

Grief and loss is never easy. I will do my best to give myself space to mourn, although I'm more concerned about my dad, aunt (who was grandmother's caretaker) and my brother.

I will be taking the 920 with me, so I will post some of the scenic pictures. I must say, it will be weird not reading this thread for 10 days...
    Chregu, BIGPADDY and sahib lopez like this.
    12-07-2013 07:37 AM
    I feel a little uncomfortable to write this after the last post, but I got my 8X back. I didn't have to pay for it, but they didn't do anything with it. They wrote: "Software update" but there is none available I didn't install already. So I guess I have to live with the glitches. I have to check the call quality though, if it is really bad I'll send it in again.

Well, they did install another software. I have now Data Sense ladies and Gentleman!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-07-2013 09:50 AM
    I feel a little uncomfortable to write this after the last post, but I got my 8X back. I didn't have to pay for it, but they didn't do anything with it. They wrote: "Software update" but there is none available I didn't install already. So I guess I have to live with the glitches. I have to check the call quality though, if it is really bad I'll send it in again.

Well, they did install another software. I have now Data Sense ladies and Gentleman!
    I guess what may need to happen is the SIM card slot getting replaced. The parts are always on line, but the labor is the trouble. Reason being is based on how the 8X is designed, you may almost want to order a new LCD too because sometimes that can get cracked just on opening up the phone. That's why I didn't change the housing on my VZW 8X I fixed the second time around.

I love HTC's designs, but they're getting low repair scores on the high end models for the last few years (Nexus One onwards) and deservedly so. That's one thing people cannot knock Samsung on - their phones are easy to repair.

If you make me an offer I cannot refuse, I could sell you my 8X...you just have to figure out the shipping and payment costs...😊...
    Chregu likes this.
    12-07-2013 10:47 AM

You shouldn't feel uncomfortable about posting after mine. We've talked about heavy things on the thread so far and the one thing people always forget is that the awkwardness that comes with talking about grid and loss is actually ok. If you don't feel that way, then...

I kept it quiet at work only to minimize that awkwardness you've just expressed. But because my coworkers did the card thing on their own, they talked to a lot more people than I wanted to, so yesterday I had to do a lot of acknowledging how people expressed their condolences. It did get tiring after a while, but I made no fuss cuz I got where they were coming from.
    BIGPADDY and Chregu like this.
    12-07-2013 10:52 AM
    Who said I wasn't talking to a chick friend ;) that beat was with her to see who would stay up and I won XD heheh but don't get me wrong we were talking :p
    12-07-2013 12:11 PM
    I guess what may need to happen is the SIM card slot getting replaced. The parts are always on line, but the labor is the trouble. Reason being is based on how the 8X is designed, you may almost want to order a new LCD too because sometimes that can get cracked just on opening up the phone. That's why I didn't change the housing on my VZW 8X I fixed the second time around.

I love HTC's designs, but they're getting low repair scores on the high end models for the last few years (Nexus One onwards) and deservedly so. That's one thing people cannot knock Samsung on - their phones are easy to repair.

If you make me an offer I cannot refuse, I could sell you my 8X...you just have to figure out the shipping and payment costs......
    I applied the tape trick again and hope the phone will be stable enough. I called my phone with a friend's one and the quality was still understandable. So I hope it will make it another year, then I'll buy a new one.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-07-2013 12:56 PM
    I am watching Kick-*** 2. 26 minutes in and I'm something between bored and disgusted. And I like the first one.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    12-07-2013 12:59 PM
    I am watching Kick-*** 2. 26 minutes in and I'm something between bored and disgusted. And I like the first one.
    never heard of it :P but im in a mood for a movie :P might see an action movie or something
    12-07-2013 04:01 PM
    never heard of it :P but im in a mood for a movie :P might see an action movie or something
    Batman The Dark Knight!!!
    12-07-2013 04:03 PM
    BIGPADDY, that was the best movie.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    12-07-2013 04:17 PM
    BIGPADDY, that was the best movie.
    Best movie I ever seen!
    12-07-2013 04:22 PM
    in what world do we live in where people say the ipad is more productive than a surface ........... * sigh*
    12-07-2013 04:26 PM
    saw that one XD
    12-07-2013 04:26 PM
    in what world do we live in where people say the ipad is more productive than a surface ........... * sigh*
    If your productivity is based on MS Office. Yes, the Surface is much more productive. Every other area? No chance, the possibilities with the iOS app selection are just far greater.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-07-2013 04:30 PM
    If your productivity is based on MS Office. Yes, the Surface is much more productive. Every other area? No chance, the possibilities with the iOS app selection are just far greater.
    yup he said I want to do documents and edit pdfs + highlight + make documents ............. yeah lets go ios /s
    12-07-2013 04:35 PM
    When I'm typing an awesome person's name, it shows it for me already. :D
    wp_ss_20131207_0001.png
    BIGPADDY, LMZR and gedzum like this.
    12-07-2013 05:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20131207_0001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	51532
    Bigpaddy a bigoted bigot? This is outrageous, I can't believe what WP is saying here! I knew the spelling function is sometimes terrible, but this is an insult!
    12-07-2013 05:04 PM
    Bigpaddy a bigoted bigot? This is outrageous, I can't believe what WP is saying here! I knew the spelling function is sometimes terrible, but this is an insult!
    Not sure if you are joking or not, but look at the first suggestion. Don't look at the other two.
    Chregu likes this.
    12-07-2013 05:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20131207_0001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	51532
    Because I'm AWESOME!
    unstoppablekem and gedzum like this.
    12-07-2013 05:11 PM
    So close to getting a SONY XPERIA Z1 on ebay just have to wait for tomorrow to start my attack!!!

They will never see it coming!
    12-07-2013 05:24 PM
    Not sure if you are joking or not, but look at the first suggestion. Don't look at the other two.
    I was :-)
    unstoppablekem and BIGPADDY like this.
    12-07-2013 05:33 PM
    So close to getting a SONY XPERIA Z1 on ebay just have to wait for tomorrow to start my attack!!!

They will never see it coming!

You're moving to the Droid side of the force. :P

We're gonna have to beg Sony to make a Windows Phone! :P
    BIGPADDY and unstoppablekem like this.
    12-07-2013 05:59 PM
145,687 ... 743744745746747 ...