The extension for my headphones at the lab is perfect. I can take up the wire from behind the desk and put the computer back to its old position.

But I just realized that the expensive ones at home sound so much better...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-15-2014 02:07 AM
    Well, my family just finished getting the majority of all of our house to our new house.

Gotta love a quiet area and a pool :D
    Keep hydrated and try to lift properly, and we'll see you on the other side.
    01-15-2014 02:24 AM
    At the current rate of posting by Valentine's day we can reach the 30K goal. I think we should give BigP a card to mark the milestone:-)
    This
    N_LaRUE and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-15-2014 02:53 AM
    I've been working on excel formulas for the last two days.

Now....

brainhurts.png
    Chregu, MSFTisMIA and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-15-2014 03:29 AM
    Morning! :P
    01-15-2014 03:29 AM
    Morning to you :P
    01-15-2014 03:37 AM
    This
    I'm not sure how much my beloved is into Valentine's day. It's very artificial here without any tradition, we just took it over from wherever the hell it might come from. Still, in the last few decades it has become the most important day for flower sellers in Switzerland.

I don't think she finds it an important day, but flowers can never hurt, can they?
    01-15-2014 03:41 AM
    Morning to you :P
    Good morning to you two, too!

...now I feel like listening to U2.
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-15-2014 03:42 AM
    I'm not sure how much my beloved is into Valentine's day. It's very artificial here without any tradition, we just took it over from wherever the hell it might come from. Still, in the last few decades it has become the most important day for flower sellers in Switzerland.

I don't think she finds it an important day, but flowers can never hurt, can they?
    We avoid Valentines Day but I do buy some flowers in transit. Anything else we don't bother with. It's becoming a trend apparently. We told a sales person that we don't bother with it and they said that three other people said the same thing. Maybe it's on the wane here in the UK.
    01-15-2014 03:54 AM
    We avoid Valentines Day but I do buy some flowers in transit. Anything else we don't bother with. It's becoming a trend apparently. We told a sales person that we don't bother with it and they said that three other people said the same thing. Maybe it's on the wane here in the UK.
    Having this day in February is stupid anyway. There aren't growing any flowers on this side of the globe...
    01-15-2014 04:05 AM
    Having this day in February is stupid anyway. There aren't growing any flowers on this side of the globe...
    We have flowers all year round in the UK.

There is some who believe that Valentine's Day replaced the festival of Lupercalia in Rome. But apparently that's not true.
    01-15-2014 04:21 AM
    We have flowers all year round in the UK.

There is some who believe that Valentine's Day replaced the festival of Lupercalia in Rome. But apparently that's not true.
    Well, they grow in the green house or can be important form warmer regions. It just doesn't feel very romantic to me to gift flowers that traveled thousands of kilometers...
    01-15-2014 04:32 AM
    Well, they grow in the green house or can be important form warmer regions. It just doesn't feel very romantic to me to gift flowers that traveled thousands of kilometers...
    Well I wasn't talking about greenhouse flowers. We actually have flowers that live through the winter here. :)

But, yes, the ones you buy in the shop are likely greenhouse.
    01-15-2014 04:40 AM
    Well I wasn't talking about greenhouse flowers. We actually have flowers that live through the winter here. :)

But, yes, the ones you buy in the shop are likely greenhouse.
    I don't know much about plants. Well, that's not true, I know pretty much about plants, but I know nothing about botany. But I like nature and I'm outside a lot, and I don't see many flowers in bloom around here, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. And areas of the UK are also warmer than Switzerland.
    01-15-2014 06:30 AM
    Morning folks...in addition to a crappy stomach that will keep me at home today (no more Little Caesar's for me), this is what I woke up to. Our UK folks know this site all too well...
    wp_20140115_07_20_33_pro.jpgwp_20140115_07_20_57_pro.jpg
    Chregu and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-15-2014 06:46 AM

I keep it simple on Valentine's Day. I got the GF a gift she something to wear, and now that she is into her kickboxing exercise, she feels a bit more confident in wearing it. People got all out and at the end of the day my take has been that if you and your partner gel really well, it is just another day to celebrate what you do all the time...
    Chregu likes this.
    01-15-2014 06:55 AM
    Our UK folks know this site all too well...
    I saw more fog in Toronto than I have in the UK. :P It does get foggy here but not as much as I thought it would. A lot of the old pictures showing 'foggy' London is really smoke from the brick making kilns that used to be everywhere.
    01-15-2014 06:55 AM
    The plus of a crappy stomach today is that I get to go to the post office and get my Senneheisers. I think last night was the final straw to say I need to leave that pizza alone.

This has happened before, where I went to the McDonalds by my house nearly two years ago and ate something that gave me a mild case of food poisoning. That's why I stopped eating BK/KFC/McDonald's etc. The only thing I would eat is Popeye's and Little Caesar's. Looks like I need to let those go too...
    01-15-2014 06:59 AM
    I saw more fog in Toronto than I have in the UK. :P It does get foggy here but not as much as I thought it would. A lot of the old pictures showing 'foggy' London is really smoke from the brick making kilns that used to be everywhere.
    The town where I grew up is very, very foggy. Basel has the most sunshine of northern Switzerland, it's quite the difference. But I feel always at home when it gets foggy somewhere ;-)
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-15-2014 06:59 AM
    The town where I grew up is very, very foggy. Basel has the most sunshine of northern Switzerland, it's quite the difference. But I feel always at home when it gets foggy somewhere ;-)
    The fog has actually gotten worse now. This weather, I tell you...
    Chregu likes this.
    01-15-2014 07:28 AM
    I still remember back in high school when I was wondering why we had to learn how the genetic code functions. I thought this is just something nobody would ever need to know. And now I'm sitting here, engineering genetic constructs...
    N_LaRUE and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-15-2014 07:34 AM
    Hopefully for the next update to the WPC app, we can post pictures directly. That would be great for heavy users like me...
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-15-2014 07:35 AM
    Has anyone here seen this? Devil Baby Will Haunt New Yorkers' Dreams [VIDEO]

I found it so funny. Wrong, but funny.
    01-15-2014 08:05 AM

I read the headline on a Swiss news homepage, but I didn't read the article. Well, I just checked again, it's more or less a commented link to the video. I can't really watch it right now ;-)
    01-15-2014 08:09 AM

I saw this. Sad as well.
    01-15-2014 08:17 AM
143,641 ... 924925926927928 ...