WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have decided to swear off even clicking on any threads in our forums that concern:

"Is the (insert model name of device here) obsolete or outdated?"

"When will WP catch up by having (insert name of app here)?" I am fine with someone starting a thread asking if we know if or when an app is coming or if there is one to replace it, but I am done with the "WP is behind" ones.

"Why I went back to Andriod!!"

"Why I went back to iPhone!!"

I find these threads just bore me anymore.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I have decided to swear off even clicking on any threads in our forums that concern:

"Is the (insert model name of device here) obsolete or outdated?"

"When will WP catch up by having (insert name of app here)?" I am fine with someone starting a thread asking if we know if or when an app is coming or if there is one to replace it, but I am done with the "WP is behind" ones.

"Why I went back to Andriod!!"

"Why I went back to iPhone!!"

I find these threads just bore me anymore.

Yeah there is a lot of them on there. Even the decent threads that should generate a decent discussion are getting bombarded with tools.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Will Microsoft do the same to Nokia as Google did to Motorola?

I was thinking about this a few days ago and snowmutt's post reminded me of it by making my think about my current phone, the HTC 8X, and how I wouldn't want to replace it at the moment as there is just no real upgrade for me, and how there are, in my opinion, no real phone innovations anymore (I don't care about things like 41 MP or 8 cores in a phone). This then led my thoughts back to the above question.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I was thinking about this a few days ago and snowmutt's post reminded me of it by making my think about my current phone, the HTC 8X, and how I wouldn't want to replace it at the moment as there is just no real upgrade for me, and how there are, in my opinion, no real phone innovations anymore (I don't care about things like 41 MP or 8 cores in a phone). This then led my thoughts back to the above question.

I believe SONY will take over and will be GREAT for EVERYONE!!!

Specially for me!!!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I think you should visit a Spa or relax by the pool rather than worrying too much about these things.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think you should visit a Spa or relax by the pool rather than worrying too much about these things.

I don't worry about this. Quite the opposite, I'm glad I took a two year contract as I don't see any need in buying a new phone. Nokia's future just interests me, however I don't lose any sleep over it ;-)

Going to a party tonight, I don't think that relaxes too much, but sleeping in tomorrow hopefully will :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't worry about this. Quite the opposite, I'm glad I took a two year contract as I don't see any need in buying a new phone. Nokia's future just interests me, however I don't lose any sleep over it ;-)

Going to a party tonight, I don't think that relaxes too much, but sleeping in tomorrow hopefully will :)

I am working tomorrow and I have said this like eleventh time, it hurts me LOL

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't care about Nokia after the build quality of my device.

SONY is SUPERIOR!!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Day five was quite a hectic one. We finished a little early because it's Friday but still had to squeeze extra work in so I feel like I'm really ready for the weekend! Also found out I don't get paid on the first week - I get paid a week after I work it. Joy.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Day five was quite a hectic one. We finished a little early because it's Friday but still had to squeeze extra work in so I feel like I'm really ready for the weekend! Also found out I don't get paid on the first week - I get paid a week after I work it. Joy.

I got paid today with my 1% bonus!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Bad news...date night got cancelled...my friend's son got hurt during football. Hopefully it isn't serious.

On the flip side, I do have time to go work on my paper due next week and possibly get a new router.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a great thought. I'm in that spot where I may have to replace my project 8X with a unlocked model. Right now I can get a Ativ S and a 8X (both unlocked) combined for the same price as a Lumia 925. I respect what Nokia has done so far and want a 1020 for both a camera and the nostalgia of owning one of the last few Nokias. But, the Lumia line is incredibly expensive and it is hard justifying $700 for a weekend phone, as awesome as that camera is. The 925 would be a nice fit for me, but with how expensive the line is, that's no value as you can only get the 16GB model in the US via carriers. Conversely when t-mo killed the 810 and the 8X and made them worthless in the second hand phone market, they did a ton of folks like me a serious disservice who will change phones alot.

I'm curious to see how MSFT handles Nokia now as if their first few products are flops they will be vilified in the marketplace.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Guess it is just me on the night shift again....

About to set up a new router I bought today. Had my previous one for three years and hopefully the new one has more range. Got it because it is apparently windows 8 compatible, which is a plus because I plan to make the jump finally to 8.1 within the next year. Just need to get a new hard drive and do a clean install. May take a day off work to shift through all the crap on my PC when I do the upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon