WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I did run it in a VM. There was no way I'd actually install 98 otherwise.

Sometimes, I wish I can install Win 8 on a Win 98 using virtual machinee & infect the virtual machine with heck loads of worms and bacteria to test the antivirus, which one do you use?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes, I wish I can install Win 8 on a Win 98 using virtual machinee & infect the virtual machine with heck loads of worms and bacteria to test the antivirus, which one do you use?
I like NOD32 from ESET. That's the one I use.

Norton was the worst. It was a resource hog.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I did run it in a VM. There was no way I'd actually install 98 otherwise.

I feel like you're talking about my computer history! LOL! I started on DOS, ran Windows and DOS at the same time,Win 3.1 and Win. 3.11, ran Win 98, ME, NT, Xp, 7 and now 8.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I like NOD32 from ESET. That's the one I use.

Norton was the worst. It was a resource hog.

Norton is like a poison pill, you could put in on your enemy's PC and sleep peacefully because you know that Norton will do more than what you could do to that person.

I use Malwarebytes, thats all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hah, I remember when I was trying out Windows 3.11... I thought I knew enough MS-DOS commands. I was proven wrong!

The modern Command Prompt and MS-DOS have very different commands! :unhappy:

I haven't mucked about with Command Prompt much. I did notice it doesn't use all the old commands though when I have ran it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I 'hated' writing those commands, I went to a cousins place where he used to do work in DOS and I was like "What the heck is this all about, its so gross to remember such long bum commands"
And then came windows XP, he fired himself :D

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I was trying to infect my Windows ME VM recently... Most viruses used exploits that weren't even compatible with ME, thankfully I tried XP, malware likes WinXP better!

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Also, I just noticed that this thread updates in real-time... Almost every time I refresh, I see a new reply...

Is this normal?! :confused:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hah, I remember when I was trying out Windows 3.11... I thought I knew enough MS-DOS commands. I was proven wrong!

The modern Command Prompt and MS-DOS have very different commands! :unhappy:
I don't remember many of of MS-DOS commands.

When I use the CLI, it's for Linux.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I was trying to infect my Windows ME VM recently... Most viruses used exploits that weren't even compatible with ME, thankfully I tried XP, malware likes WinXP better!

I use win 7 at home and win xp at office (forced to), I'd install linux on all machines and watch them go crazy :D

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Today is my birthday and like however many other people, I have to work through it. Awesome.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Today is my birthday and like however many other people, I have to work through it. Awesome.

I will ask someone to send you a birthday card wishing you a happy birthday if what you said was true.
If you don't receive the card, you may blame any random soul except me for being lazy.
-----
Happy birthday man ;)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Also, I just noticed that this thread updates in real-time... Almost every time I refresh, I see a new reply...

Is this normal?! :confused:

:confused:
I would like to say it the way i heard in a game, "What are you? blind?"
LOL...
If you want, you can wake up in the middle of the night and come to this thread, nobody will haunt you and you can see random souls chatting about random things randomly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism