WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

How do i know how much exactly?

Well, i guess i won't make it to top poster, well i guess sleep is more worth it i guess. :)

You do a 'view source' and then search for BIGPADDY. He's was at 75 and you were at 35.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Geez, it might be a bad thing to say this in a Windows Phone forum.

But, man do i like the Motorola Moto X. I can only blame my father, as he had mostly Nokia's and Motorola's, speaking of which, i have a few of his Nokia's here. :)

You shall be BANISHED!!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm looking around at the tablet situation. I see I can probably pickup a Surface RT with keyboard fro ?249 at Tesco. Much as I'd like to get the Surface 2 I just can't justify the price. At ?249 the RT is pretty much a steal. Just trying to think if it's a good idea to buy one.

I know I will sound like a broken record, but how much is the Asus T100 in ??

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

20%???!!!

Wow. They aren't even faking it. Plain flat out stealing money from their people.

We are, of course, about as high or higher here in the States by the time you add up Federal Taxes, State taxes, local taxes, county taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, and probobly 3 or 4 more I am missing. Of course, not all are applied in every state or local, but normally if you get a break in one area, they just pick pocket you in another.

I live in the state of Illinois, one of top three states for relieving you of your hard earned cash in the country....

I live in NJ and work in NYC. Here in the US, when taxes are filed, you get a federal and a state return. Because I live in one state and work in another, I need to pay state taxes in both. So I only get the federal tax return. And yes, NJ and NY property taxes are among the highest in the nation.

Gotta love how they keep their hands in your wallet. You'd figure they'd just massage your leg while they're in there, but it is all about that itchy cash grab kinda feel...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Geez, it might be a bad thing to say this in a Windows Phone forum.

But, man do i like the Motorola Moto X. I can only blame my father, as he had mostly Nokia's and Motorola's, speaking of which, i have a few of his Nokia's here. :)

BP runs his mouth about Sony too much and I talk about the Nexus line here, so you're fine.

I do like the Moto X myself. If I was doing what I'm doing now in WP in Android by simplifying what I want from my device, I'd add the Moto X onto my short list of daily drivers. The career versions are of course ridiculously overpriced here...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Not everything has VAT but majority does. Children clothes and 'general' food items don't have VAT but I think there's been some confusion on what has VAT and what doesn't in the food industry.

I think taxes are out of control but at least I can say in the UK they are put to some good use, like medical care. So I don't mind paying. I just wish they'd fix the damn roads though.

You know, if Obama could have his way here, he'd divert a lot more cash for infrastructure projects such as roads and bridges. Many people forget that most of the modern US road network was built out during the 1930-1955 period. I know those engineers didn't anticipate all this increased road traffic. But of curse, the old Tea Bags are more interested in fighting healthcare reform. Those "penny wise but pound foolish" whole asses...

It always amazes me how many governments take the roads and their maintenance for granted...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So of course they change the express bus schedule and of course the express bus runs late...sometimes you're better off taking the local bus instead of waiting for the express, especially if the local bus is running in pairs...the cost of mass transit commuting here in NJ. Let's hope Amtrak doesn't pull rank on my NJ transit train into the city today as they typically do during rush hour...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I still fancy the HTC One even if it has the snapdragon 600.

However im waiting for a WP device with a Tegra 4 SoC.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Don't you just hate it when you agree about a price on something and completely forget about VAT...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know, if Obama could have his way here, he'd divert a lot more cash for infrastructure projects such as roads and bridges. Many people forget that most of the modern US road network was built out during the 1930-1955 period. I know those engineers didn't anticipate all this increased road traffic. But of curse, the old Tea Bags are more interested in fighting healthcare reform. Those "penny wise but pound foolish" whole asses...

It always amazes me how many governments take the roads and their maintenance for granted...

I take it you're for Democrats? :)

Are you in the medical field or studying in it? I might have missed what it is you do exactly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I take it you're for Democrats? :)

Are you in the medical field or studying in it? I might have missed what it is you do exactly.

I work in the medical field at a top 15 US hospital in their adolescent department. It always sounds sexier when I describe my worksite like that. I'm a youth developer in the primary care staff that young people see during the course of the medical visit.

I have Democratic leanings but am more interested in effective government. Study social work so far has given me great insight as to why both parties have the ideologies that they do...yup, I know why the Tea Bags are like that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb