WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I guess i've confirmed what phone i'm getting, Nokia Lumia 1520.

I had a look at one of the dummy models, which is obviously to scale and weight and i can use it one handed and it can fit into a pocket, and not to mention they look awesome in Black.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

@RUE, I did post those pictures from thanksgiving as advertised. All shot on the 920. And when my sister saw the shpts I took, she had to whip out her iPhone 5...sigh...and snap a few herself. It's all good, as we had a good time...

Looks awesome! :smile: Looks tasty!

I took some pics of my food and some places while in France I'll post them in a bit.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess i've confirmed what phone i'm getting, Nokia Lumia 1520.

I had a look at one of the dummy models, which is obviously to scale and weight and i can use it one handed and it can fit into a pocket, and not to mention they look awesome in Black.

Nice!

Personally I have issues with the 1520. A phablet without any phablet functions isn't the phablet I'd buy. If I were looking for a phone in this size range I'd look at a Galaxy Note III. I'd like to see a 925 with the 1520 internals :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Nice!

Personally I have issues with the 1520. A phablet without any phablet functions isn't the phablet I'd buy. If I were looking for a phone in this size range I'd look at a Galaxy Note III. I'd like to see a 925 with the 1520 internals :)

I was very happy to find out that the 1520 was just as solid in build quality as the 920 and 1020. I loved how sturdy and solid the black 1520 felt.

It isn't actually that daunting when you hold it, it didn't feel as big as the reviewers said.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was very happy to find out that the 1520 was just as solid in build quality as the 920 and 1020. I loved how sturdy and solid the black 1520 felt.

It isn't actually that daunting when you hold it, it didn't feel as big as the reviewers said.

I never doubted that the hardware of the 1520 is great! I just think the already lacking operation system is lacking even more on a phablet.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Morning all - Have had enough of Christmas songs on the radio already and its only December 2nd

View attachment 51039

I never get sick of them, then again this year my parents started playing Christmas songs through out the house and cars, they started on November 2nd and most likely will finish in early Jan.

And they only play Christmas songs during this period.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I never doubted that the hardware of the 1520 is great! I just think the already lacking operation system is lacking even more on a phablet.

I don't think so, then again the things i'd do with the device wouldn't be the things normal users of the device would use it for.

Hang on, Productivity is a reason why people buy this device. Damn.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad I never listen to the radio.

I rarely watch TV, there is so much **** on TV so many cooking, dancing, drama, gossip and one sided news and sympathy shows the only reason why i'd have a TV would be for Xbox or "possibly" a PS4.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Nice!

Same here. They should at least give us a 64GB base option if they don't have a stylus.

The 1520 would've been a must-have for me if it was 5".
Unfortunately, I don't always get what I want. C'est la vie.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't think so, then again the things i'd do with the device wouldn't be the things normal users of the device would use it for.

Hang on, Productivity is a reason why people buy this device. Damn.

Well, if you are happy with the functions provided, I am happy for you. I think it's a great and beautiful phone (judging from pictures, I haven't seen it yet).

I was just... well, I don't know. Maybe I should sometimes hold back my opinion if it doesn't contribute to anything.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I rarely watch TV, there is so much **** on TV so many cooking, dancing, drama, gossip and one sided news and sympathy shows the only reason why i'd have a TV would be for Xbox or "possibly" a PS4.

You're in Australia, not many channels anyway. Then again, it doesn't matter, TV everywhere is pretty crap. It seems only paid TV is half decent, barely.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, if you are happy with the functions provided, I am happy for you. I think it's a great and beautiful phone (judging from pictures, I haven't seen it yet).

I was just... well, I don't know. Maybe I should sometimes hold back my opinion if it doesn't contribute to anything.

Personally I think you're right. A phablet should be something a bit 'different' than a normal smartphone. No stylus, no multiple app screens, etc. I think I'll wait to buy anything that large, but then again, I have no desire for something that large as a phone anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'm a bit bored, though I have work to do.

Here's a pic from my weekend in Lille France:

Aviary Photo_130302921856310199[1].jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Personally I think you're right. A phablet should be something a bit 'different' than a normal smartphone. No stylus, no multiple app screens, etc. I think I'll wait to buy anything that large, but then again, I have no desire for something that large as a phone anyway.

Talking about screen sizes, I think the screen of the Lumia 620 is a little too small for me. The 4.5 inch screen of my 8X is perfect however, and maybe I'd go up to 5 inch. But if WP8.1 brings awesome features for phablets, like a Windows 8-like split screen, then I could very well rethink my opinion.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

No, don't hold back your opinion, it's good to hear variety. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Personally I think the screen of the Lumia 620 is a little too small for me. The 4.5 inch screen of my 8X is perfect however, maybe I'd go up to 5 inch. But if WP8.1 brings awesome features for phablets, like a Windows 8-like split screen, then I could very well rethink my opinion.

I thought the 8x had a 4.3 inch screen, but still minor difference. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes