WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm a function over style guy anyways. I think Samsung may surprise us with changes in the style dept. They've got the internals of their phones correct...

Don't know about the internals. I have taken apart two 822 and two 810 phones to fix the USB port. I also took apart my Galaxy Exhibit and it was a pain in the rear to take apart and put back together. Nokia phones are so easy to take apart and fix it is not even funny.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Very interesting by t-mo. I just got a call from one of their reps because I gave them a bad score in terms of their WP offerings. The dude was pleasantly surprised at my knowledge. Didn't feel it necessary to rip them about their update policy but I had to lay into them to say their WP offerings are ****ty. Yes, the 925 nice and the 521 is a gangbuster, but their selection is still ****ty. Maybe t-mo may listen to their customers and offer more WP and support them better, but I doubt it. Perhaps they are making a better effort, but we will see...

T-Mo does need to step up. The ideal phone would be a 4.7" AMOLED screen (720x1280), physical size of a 720, the weight of a 720, 8MP rear camera wide angle if possible, dual LED flash, FFC, NFC, wireless battery charging option, 2200 mAh, 1GB RAM, 16GB storage with SD card support, Minimum dual core processor although quad core would be nice, HSPA+/LTE capable, tethering, accelerometer, compass and gyroscope - Price $250 unlocked.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

T-Mo does need to step up. The ideal phone would be a 4.7" AMOLED screen (720x1280), physical size of a 720, the weight of a 720, 8MP rear camera wide angle if possible, dual LED flash, FFC, NFC, wireless battery charging option, 2200 mAh, 1GB RAM, 16GB storage with SD card support, Minimum dual core processor although quad core would be nice, HSPA+/LTE capable, tethering, accelerometer, compass and gyroscope - Price $250 unlocked.

With all due respect, not even a Nexus has those specs at that price. Be reasonable, man...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually the Moto G has most of it sans LTE and SD card and so for $50 more it is possible.

It is a quad core but a weaker quad core chipset. If you're not expecting nexus level performance, sure. Otherwise, we are two years away from that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Agreed, keep in mind that WP tends to run quite smoothly on low end hardware and hence it would be okay with a lower end SoC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon