WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Water conservation is a big thing in Australia. Thing is, not many people care about it. Especially foreigners not brought up in Australia. Then they whinge when there's a drought.

Reality is, Australia can barely support the population it has currently, it's only going to get worse if it continues to grow. It's just not a country for a large population. Thing is, it's going to cost Australians more and more money just to simply live. Unfortunately people who live there don't see the dangers creeping up on them. I think one day in the near future it's just going to go 'poof' and then there will be chaos down there.

No issues of this in the UK we could charge Australia for water. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Water consumption is a problem in many parts of the world. Switzerland (and I guess the UK) is in a very fortunate position in this regard. But when in Switzerland all the glaciers melt, there could be water shortages in summer. So at the moment I don't feel bad taking a long shower (also because industry wastes the most water), but at one point this could change.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Water consumption is a problem in many parts of the world. Switzerland (and I guess the UK) is in a very fortunate position in this regard. But when in Switzerland all the glaciers melt, there could be water shortages in summer. So at the moment I don't feel bad taking a long shower (also because industry wastes the most water), but at one point this could change.

That's the thing, in Australia it is industry that causes most of the water issues but to put the infrastructure in to remove their waste costs a lot of money and unfortunately they don't want to pay for it. They'd rather the tax payer pay for it, which is of course unfair. Australis's biggest water wastage is due to agriculture. I'm also guessing wine production is probably causing problems now too. Oh well, I'm happy to be away from all that. :p

In Toronto we ran into water shortages there but it was mostly due to waste water management system rather than that actual lack of water. But then, even 20-30 days without rain does start to cause issues anywhere.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No issues of this in the UK we could charge Australia for water. :p

Well the truth is there's lots of water in the the north of Australia but it would cost of a fortune to get it piped to the south. This is one of the many problems in Australia.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I would have some money to spend on a new gadget, but there's just nothing out there that interests me enough. Forget about water, that's a real problem.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Morning all, just spent the morning cleaning up my email inbox as i cam into work today to messages saying i had gone over my size limit :S

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning all, just spent the morning cleaning up my email inbox as i cam into work today to messages saying i had gone over my size limit :S

I just checked my account. I use 1.65 of 4.8 GB on my University's mail account. I hope this will last for a while.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My original lunch was 11am however I wait 20 minutes afterward then go.

I hate being tied to specific times. I'm very happy my work is flex time. I do what I want. Come in when I want, leave when I want and have lunch when I want. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope my phone gets updated to Black sometime soon. I'm curious if I'll have the same camera issues that people seem to be complaining about.

I also hope they bring out a successor to the L920 at the WP8.1 launch. As much as I have liked my L920 I'm a little tired of the problems. However, I will wait to get one as I want it unlocked and I want to see what issues, if any, crop up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would like that...

When I lived up near you I worked for a small company with strict hours and it drove me nuts. I will never do that again! I've been on flex time for years now and it's hard to go back to some sort of regimental system.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

When I lived up near you I worked for a small company with strict hours and it drove me nuts. I will never do that again! I've been on flex time for years now and it's hard to go back to some sort of regimental system.
Flex(i)time would be my dream come true when it comes to jobs. Unfortunately, a lot of the jobs here in the Philippines aren't exactly...free.

What makes that worse is that it's ridiculously hard to set up a business here without bribing people in the right places.

Fortunately for me, I have a few years before I think this through.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You and me both.
Prom is coming up, and I find myself thinking about what I should do.

Well, that and the fact that it takes place after several major projects.

I won't ask about the prom... I'm not sure I can relate to that anymore! LOL!

What major projects?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99