WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Good morning. I'm still thinking about what I need to take with me. It's a little complicated.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, trying to get the xap file of Beats Music to appear on the SD Card section of my Windows Phone, and I'm not doing well.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was running a little late for the train, so I thought I could use the SBB app to buy the ticket. The app however asked for an update in the store that doesn't exist. A little frustrated I thought about Android app support and went for the ticket machines. I made it in time.

Now I tried the app again, I could sign up. Tomorrow I will test if it works. The only problem, if I think it worked and it didn't, the fee will be very expensive.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well I got Beats Music installed on my 520, now there lies the issue that now i can't sign up for an account. :(

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Before I went home I had the idea to order the Nexus 5 drunk because I wouldn't do it else. But now I am at home and I feel sober enough to not do such a thing ;-)
I demonstrated however how terrible Bing maps is and as a comparison I wanted to show a Google maps client, which was totally buggy.

Maybe I should order this Nexus anyway...

Maybe you should have shown the client Here Maps instead, which is available on all WP8 and Windows 8 machines. Much, much better than Google Maps, since you can download maps and don't need a data connection.

From a hardware perspective, the Nexus 5 is an upgrade from the 8X in some spots - faster processor, bigger screen, more RAM. Otherwise, the camera isn't that great of an improvement, it is heavier than the 8X and the OS is still the same.

Cannot tell you how to spend the cash, but perhaps you're better off waiting to upgrade...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Maybe you should have shown the client Here Maps instead, which is available on all WP8 and Windows 8 machines. Much, much better than Google Maps, since you can download maps and don't need a data connection.

From a hardware perspective, the Nexus 5 is an upgrade from the 8X in some spots - faster processor, bigger screen, more RAM. Otherwise, the camera isn't that great of an improvement, it is heavier than the 8X and the OS is still the same.

Cannot tell you how to spend the cash, but perhaps you're better off waiting to upgrade...

I have the Here Maps client installed. What use are offline maps if they don't have any details? They are not much better than Bing maps really. And I don't care about data as long as I'm in Switzerland.

You are right, I will wait anyway, it's just my brain thinking about this stuff. But thanks for the comparison :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have the Here Maps client installed. What use are offline maps if they don't have any details? They are not much better than Bing maps really. And I don't care about data as long as I'm in Switzerland.

You are right, I will wait anyway, it's just my brain thinking about this stuff. But thanks for the comparison :)

That's the tradeoff you make with Google Maps. If you stored all that details from the maps locally, you'd constantly need to run updates on the maps. So Google does that for you with the caveat you need to be online.

I thought about getting a Nexus 5, since I have owned the previous 4 at one point and enjoyed each of them. I'm passing not because it isn't a nice phone...at the price point it is a great buy. I passed because it didn't offer me much for my needs. Yes, if I was into Android as my daily driver, I'd consider it, but I may have ended up with either a Z1 Compact or a Moto X instead. I don't hack as much as I used to and while Google is trying to go Apple with the Nexus line to say you can use it without hacking, it is a hacker's phone.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's the tradeoff you make with Google Maps. If you stored all that details from the maps locally, you'd constantly need to run updates on the maps. So Google does that for you with the caveat you need to be online.

I thought about getting a Nexus 5, since I have owned the previous 4 at one point and enjoyed each of them. I'm passing not because it isn't a nice phone...at the price point it is a great buy. I passed because it didn't offer me much for my needs. Yes, if I was into Android as my daily driver, I'd consider it, but I may have ended up with either a Z1 Compact or a Moto X instead. I don't hack as much as I used to and while Google is trying to go Apple with the Nexus line to say you can use it without hacking, it is a hacker's phone.

I always thought I'd like at the Nexus that there is no bloated surface put on it. I have not too much insight into Android. I play around with them sometimes, but after all I'm not too impressed, just a little jealous of features like VPN. I actually prefer iOS 6 (at least on the iPhone, I don't like it very much on the iPads), so soon I'll go back waiting for autumn for either a nice Windows Phone 8.1 phone or the iPhone 6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12