WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 50K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, during his Office for iPad announcement, promised that "Windows will innovate" and the company is expected to talk about "innovations in the operating system and innovations in devices" at the Build 2014 event.

I really despise the excessive and unnecessary use of the word "innovation". The word doesn't mean what it means anymore. It just says: "We'll release something, I hope you guys will hype it. Of course, it's already existing, so probably not. Except if you are Apple users. We still state it's super awesome and new."

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I really despise the excessive and unnecessary use of the word "innovation". The word doesn't mean what it means anymore. It just says: "We'll release something, I hope you guys will hype it. Of course, it's already existing, so probably not. Except if you are Apple users. We still state it's super awesome and new."

Innovation I keep hearing that word on Dyson new vacuums adverts.

In fact all of Dyson adverts have mention innovations.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

They still call non hd screen (retina display on iPhone ) innovation and gorgeous , aapledonttrytofooluserstheyarenotblind

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

The overuse of the word "innovation" only underscores the lack thereof nowadays.

Let the sighs commence.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know we get tired of the word but knowing the meaning may help some:

Innovate

1. make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products.
introduce (something new, especially a product)

I checked a graph for the word it would appear Innovate, Innovating and Innovation are on upward trends in books. I do wish the word was also shown for web content though. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

On the iPhone 5/5C/5S, it means WQHVGA.

It does not mean that it's better or worse than the competition. It's a brand name for a definition made by Apple for devices produced by Apple. I don't care about the definition, I care about the resolution and the PPI. Retina is just a brand name. Like Coke. The name Coke doesn't make Coke better than Pepsi. It's the taste that makes the difference :p

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

It does not mean that it's better or worse than the competition. It's a brand name for a definition made by Apple for devices produced by Apple. I don't care about the definition, I care about the resolution and the PPI. Retina is just a brand name. Like Coke. The name Coke doesn't make Coke better than Pepsi. It's the taste that makes the difference :p

Yeah Pepsi better than coke.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I always found Pepis too sweet but then I try not to drink that stuff anymore.

Coca Cola Vanilla and cherry good however Pepsi cherry better.

I don't like diet coke but I do like coke zero and Pepsi diet and Pepsi max.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Whoa there. I was putting it out there to say that it wasn't necessarily good.

For instance, if you were, say, a designer who prefers to maximize what the hardware can do, would you prefer a resolution as niche as WQHVGA (1143*640) or good old fashioned HD?

If not for Apple, most would pick the latter, because of the fact that it's more common and easier to work with, as far as I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon