WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

so whats the correct term to refer to a race. I mean race seams to be a harsh word . for example in my earlier post I referred my friend as a race of Hmong. but that sounds a bit racist. so in that instance do I say " she's from the culture of Hmong or she's from the race of Hmong "

Race is the correct term. There are generally 5 different noted human races in traditional anthropological studies: Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian), Caucasoid (European), Australoid (Australian and oceanic), Negroid (east African black) and Capoid (south African black).

Thing is, lots of people confuse race with insulting a person. There is lots of questions regarding the 'distinction' of race within the human population. I've often wondered how far off we were from speciation with each other but that takes way too long so it probably was never going to happen with our type of curiosity.

Simplest thing to do is to ask a person if they culturally or ethnically define themselves. Some do, some don't. Some prefer to adopt the country as 'home'. I like to just see people as people. :)

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Race is the correct term. There are generally 5 different noted human races in traditional anthropological studies: Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian), Caucasoid (European), Australoid (Australian and oceanic), Negroid (east African black) and Capoid (south African black).

Thing is, lots of people confuse race with insulting a person. There is lots of questions regarding the 'distinction' of race within the human population. I've often wondered how far off we were from speciation with each other but that takes way too long so it probably was never going to happen with our type of curiosity.

Simplest thing to do is to ask a person if they culturally or ethnically define themselves. Some do, some don't. Some prefer to adopt the country as 'home'. I like to just see people as people. :)

How do you know all this???????
*amazed*

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

my friend cindy was talking during lunch and she was telling me that most Hmong people look down on her for being with a non Hmong guy but being with a dark skinned guy. her mother told her that " I wish you would be with a Hmong guy instead of him." I told her " really that still exists I thought by this point in time people would be tolerable with who you want to be with regardless of what your race, culture , and skin color you are." she then told me " most Asian cultures are like that because it keeps the family line pure."
It would be nice for someday to move away from that way of thinking

This is still prevalent in a lot of places. It's a natural human reaction to someone 'different' to them. It sits instinctively in us to not trust the 'outsider' whether we like to admit that or not. It's really our intelligence as a species overriding the reaction rather than our natural instinct.

It actually takes a long time for us to accept those who are different. Doesn't mean we can talk, trade or hang out. The worry for all communities is when the word marriage and children come into the equation. It seems shallow but it's nothing new.

Ahmad Barakji

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

This is still prevalent in a lot of places. It's a natural human reaction to someone 'different' to them. It sits instinctively in us to not trust the 'outsider' whether we like to admit that or not. It's really our intelligence as a species overriding the reaction rather than our natural instinct.

It actually takes a long time for us to accept those who are different. Doesn't mean we can talk, trade or hang out. The worry for all communities is when the word marriage and children come into the equation. It seems shallow but it's nothing new.

This is very true. A close of friend of mine recently got refused by his gf's parents because he wasn't from the same country. He broke it off as it was going no where and the gf's parents were very protective of her.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

My hot pink headphones 🎧 with extra bass

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140429_0006.png
    wp_ss_20140429_0006.png
    906.3 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon