WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Having cold rooms is great. I'm still feeling hot from going to the fitness center, so I decided to write this at 4 degrees Celsius to cool down a little.

Had to do something against all the free pizza I ate...

Feeling better now.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thank you Rue :)

Why can't trains be everywhere like in Switzerland? The Swiss are complaining always about it, but they are very reliable, they cover the entire country in a high frequency, and if you buy a ticket it's valid the entire day... Also, the entire public transport is united in a ticket system, that means you can buy a ticket for an entire journey at a train station without caring if everything is SBB or not...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thank you Rue :)

Why can't trains be everywhere like in Switzerland? The Swiss are complaining always about it, but they are very reliable, they cover the entire country in a high frequency, and if you buy a ticket it's valid the entire day... Also, the entire public transport is united in a ticket system, that means you can buy a ticket for an entire journey at a train station without caring if everything is SBB or not...

You're welcome. :) Anything else let me know.

The UK has probably one of the most expensive and most unreliable train systems in Europe. It's not government run anymore which is 99% of the problem as you have multiple companies running the different services so they all screw the customer over for profit.

We only use the train to go to London as it's a pain to go to with a car and you typically pay excessive parking fees. Anywhere else in the UK we typically drive.

Driving is easier than taking train. I would like to take the train places but I just find it's so expensive especially if you want to do things last minute. We usually don't like to book so far in advance which is why we haven't taken the train to Paris yet. You have to book months in advance to get their ?69 return price. Just easier to take the ferry or Eurotunnel and drive there. :p

Do you arrive on a Saturday or weekday?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You're welcome. :) Anything else let me know.

The UK has probably one of the most expensive and most unreliable train systems in Europe. It's not government run anymore which is 99% of the problem as you have multiple companies running the different services so they all screw the customer over for profit.

We only use the train to go to London as it's a pain to go to with a car and you typically pay excessive parking fees. Anywhere else in the UK we typically drive.

Driving is easier than taking train. I would like to take the train places but I just find it's so expensive especially if you want to do things last minute. We usually don't like to book so far in advance which is why we haven't taken the train to Paris yet. You have to book months in advance to get their ?69 return price. Just easier to take the ferry or Eurotunnel and drive there. :p

Do you arrive on a Saturday or weekday?

Well, maybe I have a look at car rentals. If it's not too expensive it could be a solution for everything.

I think on a Thursday, I'm not really sure, I tend to forget dates that far in the future ;-)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

And because iOS supports my universities VPN. And because Facetime just works seamlessly. And that was meant as response to sd173, I just didn't feel like going through hundreds of posts to find it.

I consider buying an iPhone 6 if the screen is bigger. It won't be announced until autumn anyway.

But there'll be a new flagship Windows Phone coming out around the same time won't there? Maybe that'll change your mind. Don't join fruit side! :J

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, maybe I have a look at car rentals. If it's not too expensive it could be a solution for everything.

I think on a Thursday, I'm not really sure, I tend to forget dates that far in the future ;-)

Try Eurpocar. I found them one of the cheaper rental companies and Sixt isn't too bad either. Do a realistic comparison taking into consideration fuel etc. It may come out a touch more but the convenience factor is worth it some times.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Having cold rooms is great. I'm still feeling hot from going to the fitness center, so I decided to write this at 4 degrees Celsius to cool down a little.

Had to do something against all the free pizza I ate...

Feeling better now.
Ah, 4?C.

I got to experience that in an air-conditioned room apparently tailored to meet the needs of someone who lives in Alaska.

To this day, I regret going there.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE said:

Um, how do you define "most expensive and most unreliable?"

Well, at least you have a decent-looking train system to begin with.
I live in the Philippines, where the trains are either overcrowded or don't run at all.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

But there'll be a new flagship Windows Phone coming out around the same time won't there? Maybe that'll change your mind. Don't join fruit side! :J

Well, the difference is this: When Apple announces the iPhone 6 in September, you can buy it in September. When Nokiasoft announces the new flagship in November, you can probably buy it in March next year. With some luck, if they release it in your country that is.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Well, the difference is this: When Apple announces the iPhone 6 in September, you can buy it in September. When Nokiasoft announces the new flagship in November, you can probably buy it in March next year. With some luck, if they release it in your country that is.

Oh yeah I forgot about availability and timing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, at least you have a decent-looking train system to begin with.
I live in the Philippines, where the trains are either overcrowded or don't run at all.

I did state 'in Europe'. So I wasn't suggesting world wide.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know all the costs or statistics but just the train service I take on a daily basis it's not unusual for late trains or cancelled ones. As for cost. I live 25 mins from London. A return ticket for 'anytime' from where I live to London is ?20 during the work week. That's ?100 a week if I worked in London. That doesn't include London transport.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon