WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't get the hype about disliking Windows 8. My 75 year old grandfather 👴 who used XP previously, on his Pentium 4 computer 💻, learned how to use it in 5 minutes. I don't see how grown up adults can't spend 5mins to learn how it works. It's Microsoft's old customers who are holding them back now, not Microsoft themselves.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't get the hype about disliking Windows 8. My 75 year old grandfather 👴 who used XP previously, on his Pentium 4 computer 💻, learned how to use it in 5 minutes. I don't see how grown up adults can't spend 5mins to learn how it works. It's Microsoft's old customers who are holding them back now, not Microsoft themselves.
I like Win8 a lot and got used to it in no time flat... However I use the desktop side note than the RT side. Desktop = work (coding, PhotoShop, etc.) and RT = play (email, games).

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Posting a link to this topic today so it will bubble to the top...

Can we make it to 100K in one year? Only 4 days to go!

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

It's just technology-ignorant people who don't know how to use Windows 8 - like people who don't know much about how to use a simple web browser or change a setting through the control level - apparently they make up the majority of Windows 8 users.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My RT is for the daily work - Office stuff, and personal stuff. The Pro is for development and Hyper-V.

I was thinking of a refresh but I've lived through many patch Tuesday without doing that.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could do scannow cfg or something like that

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I don't get the hype about disliking Windows 8. My 75 year old grandfather �� who used XP previously, on his Pentium 4 computer ��, learned how to use it in 5 minutes. I don't see how grown up adults can't spend 5mins to learn how it works. It's Microsoft's old customers who are holding them back now, not Microsoft themselves.

We like what we know. But your granddad is a wise man. His life has been filled with new experiences and he recognizes the value in trying new things. If that were not true, he'd still be driving a Ford Fairlane, dialing a rotary phone, and walking across the room to change the TV channel.

As for what is holding Microsoft back... I don't think it's the old customers so much as the tech journalists who hate it. See my first statement. That, and the MacFanboyz who would criticize Microsoft if they sold solid gold tablets for $1. Would-be buyers read the "informed" opinions of the tech journalists and believe every misinformed word of it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

We like what we know. But your granddad is a wise man. His life has been filled with new experiences and he recognizes the value in trying new things. If that were not true, he'd still be driving a Ford Fairlane, dialing a rotary phone, and walking across the room to change the TV channel.

As for what is holding Microsoft back... I don't think it's the old customers so much as the tech journalists who hate it. See my first statement. That, and the MacFanboyz who would criticize Microsoft if they sold solid gold tablets for $1. Would-be buyers read the "informed" opinions of the tech journalists and believe every misinformed word of it.

that why I wish sometimes regular people would do reviews instead of journalist.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so I went down the river today :) it was scary at first because I went in without anyone and I was going the wrong way. it was scary :( then I had to stroke across to the other side of the river . then I let the current take me :) I saw otters and cranes or a stork( its a white bird with long legs) we took 2 hrs to reach to the destination. sure there was people on their boats who went past us and crated waves ( that was fun ). then I had to paddle to get back into the current ( there are places that the water stands still) overall it was fun but tiring x.x

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What the hell... Are you saying I dislike Windows 8 because I can't use it?

A round of ignorance from so many forum users, amazing.

I don't like beer, I still know how to drink it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What the hell... Are you saying I dislike Windows 8 because I can't use it?

A round of ignorance from so many forum users, amazing.

I don't like beer, I still know how to drink it.

._. now remember its his OP . your points are valid too. it comes down to work flow and if you prefer windows 7 then more power to you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)