WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rue, nice shots. Were those taken with your often temperamental 920? ��

Thanks. :)

Yes that's my L920. Which was basically dead after taking pictures and using Twitter and checking out here a couple of times. I think I may have had the GPS on for like 60 seconds twice. That isn't much to do on a phone to kill the battery but that's pretty much what I did. I had it fully charged before I left and we left the hotel at 12 noon and we left at 4:30pm. Isn't my phone great? :p One day I hope to get Cyan and see if that helps...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. :)

Yes that's my L920. Which was basically dead after taking pictures and using Twitter and checking out here a couple of times. I think I may have had the GPS on for like 60 seconds twice. That isn't much to do on a phone to kill the battery but that's pretty much what I did. I had it fully charged before I left and we left the hotel at 12 noon and we left at 4:30pm. Isn't my phone great? :p One day I hope to get Cyan and see if that helps...

Ah, she still takes good pictures that 920...

Not sure what to tell you but on my 925, Cyan has made the phone faster. That's it. The battery is still 1 day, although it charges faster both via Qi or Cable on 8.1.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if this 1520 I'm getting tomorrow will have Cyan/8.1 preinstalled? If not, and it's the standard 8.0 with Black firmware, at least I won't have to "roll back" to get the Cyan/8.1 update.
Either way, is it freakin tomorrow yet??? It's gonna be a looong night of looking at this cracked screen 1020 :(

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if this 1520 I'm getting tomorrow will have Cyan/8.1 preinstalled? If not, and it's the standard 8.0 with Black firmware, at least I won't have to "roll back" to get the Cyan/8.1 update.
Either way, is it freakin tomorrow yet??? It's gonna be a looong night of looking at this cracked screen 1020 :(

Enjoy your 1520. Hope it's everything you want. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They called it a massive list... Am I missing something? Lots of it seems to be OEM implementations. Apparently there's more coming... I guess I'll wait and see. I'd like to get WP8.1 with Cyan first... might be a while. :p

I didn't see anything in the list as an end user to get excited about.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I see quite a few people disappointed with the lockscreen app. It's a beta of course, like most things in WP, so I'm not overly surprised. I wasn't interested in it anyway with the poor battery I get with L920 it would probably kill it in no time. :p

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I just saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - it is soooooo awesome! I just want to watch it over and over again!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see quite a few people disappointed with the lockscreen app. It's a beta of course, like most things in WP, so I'm not overly surprised. I wasn't interested in it anyway with the poor battery I get with L920 it would probably kill it in no time. :p

I didn't even download it. Wasn't interested because my lock screen uses my weather app and that's good enough for me.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

More iimportantly, maybe HTC is waiting to launch the phone then post updates for us 8X/8S users...

I feel bad for the Htc users as they can't check when they are getting updates . Also it's a hit and miss . On tmobile they never got past portico :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm just resting and playing around with Moto maker for the Moto online. On a more positive note, the parts I ordered for the 920 is here, so the screen will get replaced. It was very interesting to see that I could potentially an iPhone 5 as a trade in with the 920, 8X and a netbook I have laying around in the house. Very, very interesting.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, things are getting even more interesting. That's another $20 off the 930, putting it at a robust $573 including shipping. Yes, if it gets to the $500 mark including shipping, I will pull the trigger...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon