DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, here goes my experience for Cyan:

Pros:
- loving the start screen background
- loving more tiles
- loving live lock screen
- loving new notification options. This new control over notifications is awesome. Gone are the days when your personal messages will show right in the face of a stranger through banner/toasts.
It is sad that currently no app is taking full advantage of these notification controls.
- faster animations albeit jittery.
- faster keyboard. Keys register faster because of wordflow algorithms.
- and the BIGGEST one. Ability to move apps and games to SD card.
- if facebook beta is any indication, faster notifications.

Cons:
-Music, video, games and store apps look more bland and depressing, more content in your face, slow and buggy.
I'd love to know who hurt the teams developing these apps.
MS lost the looks, the minimalism, smoothness and functionality in these apps. I'm hoping they will improve sooner rather than later.
- overall loss of smoothness and fluidity and some lag here and there particularly in store app. Don't get me wrong. Animations are faster, just not that smooth anymore.
- those terrible green screens when loading Xbox music, video or games app that scars you forever.
- I can no longer share anything to twitter untill twitter updates its app taking advantage of SAF APIs in WP8.1 which, if past is any indication, isn't happening anytime soon. Hastag sedlyf.

So, that's it folks. I'll still laude it for what it brought rather than what it broke in a hope that MS will fix it soon.

Edit: I own a measly 525 so my phone's performance in no way reflects the performance of high end phones.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well my L920 is probably not the best to go by. My phone is not a good one so it doesn't surprise me that that Cyan just made things the same or worse. My phone actually wasn't doing too bad but now it's a mess again. :/

Neither is my 820. It never worked really fluid. Maybe I expected too much or there is something wrong with my phone. The closest to my perfectly fluid experience was L930 although not there just yet ;)

Btw rue, or phones are today 2 years old :). Well 2 years since presentation. They are not that horrible for this age, at least 820 isn't, good processor makes a lot of difference :D ;)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

maybe the good update was the amber update .... since there was have been more complaining ever since black and cyan update came around

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

nononoonon lol its for my mother :p she still has a feature phone on Verizon but wants a smart phone. so for her the 635 will be an awesome deal :D. plus she would be 5 dollars less :) from 15 $ to just 10 $

My mum has L520. She quite likes it only battery is "rubbish" after cyan, she only gets 3 days from it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So... I'm doing something a little different tomorrow. We're off to the V&A Museum for a drawing class, as in drawing on paper with a pencil. We're doing human form and no, I have no idea if there will be a live model or not. I think since it's a beginner course that might be no but I don't know.

It's all day and if I manage to do well I'll post some pics of the drawings. :) Oh, lunch is included. :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So... I'm doing something a little different tomorrow. We're off to the V&A Museum for a drawing class, as in drawing on paper with a pencil. We're doing human form and no, I have no idea if there will be a live model or not. I think since it's a beginner course that might be no but I don't know.

It's all day and if I manage to do well I'll post some pics of the drawings. :) Oh, lunch is included. :)

lunch is always welcomed !
enjoy your drawing class :smile:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I think I'd rather go to a T&A museum for a drawing class.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I remember taking a drawing class back in the early 90's... This one time we had a nude male model... I made my teacher laugh, cause by the time she got around to see how my drawing was going, I was almost done and I had turned the model into Batman... The 90's version with "muscular" armor, not the 60's spandex version... So it had my interpretation of the shading, but none of the naughty bits.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was going to use this to punk Sahib, but I'll behave today. Doing this is on my to do list. Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes