WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

He needs to graduate college and get a job that pays more than minimum wage and then he may get his Dodge Dart. Though I'd recommend saving for a home first. Cars are rather disappointing things.
Cars aren't disappointing, not for me :D. I mean, does anyone this days even have enough money to buy an apartment just with savings?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 using Tapatalk.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cars aren't disappointing, not for me :D. I mean, does anyone this days even have enough money to buy an apartment just with savings?

Things are a bit different in the US. Also I'm sure his parents will help. Also, it's still possible to buy something if you're willing to think of saving over spending.

You're young so a car is everything to you. Being a bit older, I see a car for what it is. It's a money drain. If I lived in London I probably wouldn't own a car. Since I'm in a small town/city a car is a bit necessary though I know people who don't own cars and get around just fine.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Things are a bit different in the US. Also I'm sure his parents will help. Also, it's still possible to buy something if you're willing to think of saving over spending.

You're young so a car is everything to you. Being a bit older, I see a car for what it is. It's a money drain. If I lived in London I probably wouldn't own a car. Since I'm in a small town/city a car is a bit necessary though I know people who don't own cars and get around just fine.
Being tied up to buses and trains is horrible here because of generally bad public transport here. My father would be OK going to work with a train but he would be home 1 hour later and this basically means that he wouldn't have time to work around the house in the spring and autumn because it would be dark by the time he would get home.
Sure circumstances are different if you live in a big city with good public transport.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Being tied up to buses and trains is horrible here because of generally bad public transport here. My father would be OK going to work with a train but he would be home 1 hour later and this basically means that he wouldn't have time to work around the house in the spring and autumn because it would be dark by the time he would get home.
Sure circumstances are different if you live in a big city with good public transport.

I wasn't suggesting that a car isn't necessary when you live in certain areas, I know it is. My comment about them being a money drain is true though.

The traffic is so bad around London that driving can take longer than public transport in most cases but people prefer to drive simply because of convenience. If I drove to work it takes the same time as public transport and is more stressful. So I don't gain anything other than the convenience of leaving any time I want. Seems a small trade off. Plus my wife needs the car more than I do.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I wasn't suggesting that a car isn't necessary when you live in certain areas, I know it is. My comment about them being a money drain is true though.

The traffic is so bad around London that driving can take longer than public transport in most cases but people prefer to drive simply because of convenience. If I drove to work it takes the same time as public transport and is more stressful. So I don't gain anything other than the convenience of leaving any time I want. Seems a small trade off. Plus my wife needs the car more than I do.
I know you weren't, I'm just expressing my thoughts about living here without a car. And , yes, I can't say it isn't a money drain.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Tamil Nadu.....lol she has 66 crore rs worth of illegal assets..... Around 30 kg of gold I guess, some sarees, plots, and stuff like that. Call her ex chief minister! Lol she paid for what she did....no wonder she had the kind of money to give freebies to the whole state

From the drive to and from the airport I saw so many of her billboards that I figured out how to read Amma in Tamil!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well I'm more interested because I've to travel from one state to another because my father and sister are coming to India tomorrow.... :O and they are coming to Chennai this time...the main place where the riots started

Where all are you traveling to?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My mother and brother were traveling to Thanjavur, from the Chennai central. I was very worried about the riots,I heard from my grandmother that they were setting buses ablaze 🔥

Lol she is in hospital now, isn't she? pretending to be sick, Just to escape jail. She will pay for what she did.

She has been pretending to be something or the other her whole life though...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Like most rich corporations you mean and the top CEOs?

In India the public servants and the private sector are both interested in only giving up money. The turkeys in the USA have nothing on them when it comes to gobble gobble and money😊

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

He needs to graduate college and get a job that pays more than minimum wage and then he may get his Dodge Dart. Though I'd recommend saving for a home first. Cars are rather disappointing things.

Which is why I buy them used😊

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Dictatorships in the past were called the monarchy. They weren't always bad.

Yes, I know they weren't bad, because during dictatorship, a country would rise like anything, there's an instant growth of a country. Also it forces you to work....

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Murder and war never solve any problems. There's some great solutions to a lot of problems, unfortunately we can't seem to rise above our primitive thinking.

I know, murder & war never solve problems, but some people just don't understand. They are so corrupt, that only killing them would solve the problems of a country. No other option. May god drill something into their thick skull.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

From the drive to and from the airport I saw so many of her billboards that I figured out how to read Amma in Tamil!
Lol yeah they used to call her Amma(mother) in Tamil. And all her rice 🍚 distribution schemes, free laptops for students scheme etc were all named"Amma Xyz" to make it more...... Emotional,I guess. I hope the next cm is someone other than Karunanidhi tho, would be nice to have a new comer.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Lol yeah they used to call her Amma(mother) in Tamil. And all her rice 🍚 distribution schemes, free laptops for students scheme etc were all named"Amma Xyz" to make it more...... Emotional,I guess. I hope the next cm is someone other than Karunanidhi tho, would be nice to have a new comer.

Are you all from Chennai?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes