WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Wow, lots of doom and gloom threads and lots of unhappy Icon users.
Not unexpected, if this happened to me I would jump the WP ship as fast as possible. And if I'm not wrong this phone was supposed to be out at the end of October last year, what took them so long is still a mystery.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 using Tapatalk.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Not unexpected, if this happened to me I would jump the WP ship as fast as possible. And if I'm not wrong this phone was supposed to be out at the end of October last year, what took them so long is still a mystery.

Is this the Icon we're using about?

To be honest, the 810 was actually a warning sign that disaster may strike. But, yeah, Microsoft screwed up big time.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

To be honest, the 810 was actually a warning sign that disaster may strike. But, yeah, Microsoft screwed up big time.
Yup Icon, Microsoft shouldn't give them an option to do such stupid things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Isn't the Icon a Nokia device? MS had little control what happened with the Icon and deals between carriers and Nokia. This will continue to be a plague for MS unless they can sort this kind of thing out.

Carrier exclusives need to go. First, fix the app situation though. :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I did a road trip in August. :p I've talked about cars several times. What made you think I didn't have a car? Because I use public transport to get to work?

It's about a 4 minute walk to the train for me and then I get a free bus on the other side to work. Why wouldn't I take public transport would be the question.

I drive all over the place on the weekend and I take my car into the EU when I can. Yes, that's driving on the other side of the road with a car made for the opposite side. It's fun.

You don't take a car into London because that's just a silly thing to do. The train takes only 25 mins to get in, it would probably take me about 45-50 mins to get in by car. The transportation network in London is great a car really isn't needed. If I lived in London I wouldn't own a car unless I had a place to park it which would probably be unlikely.

yup I think because you take public transport :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

but that happens to android too. you have to worry about getting updates.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

+830 for mentioning the 810
X3hsZuq.gif

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Isn't the Icon a Nokia device? MS had little control what happened with the Icon and deals between carriers and Nokia. This will continue to be a plague for MS unless they can sort this kind of thing out.

Carrier exclusives need to go. First, fix the app situation though. :p
It's MS that pushes out updates. I think they made mistake allowing carriers to have control over updates since WP8.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

but that happens to android too. you have to worry about getting updates.
I know but it doesn't on iPhone, if you are not the biggest and the best your argument can't be "well they don't have it either" but should be working on bringing things that other lack.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I know but it doesn't on iPhone, if you are not the biggest and the best your argument can't be "well they don't have it either" but should be working on bringing things that other lack.

Maybe the icon will get updates but we will see if they get passed cyan :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's MS that pushes out updates. I think they made mistake allowing carriers to have control over updates since WP8.

But the Icon update is a Nokia update, Cyan is the official update. So it's not specifically MS, or is it wasn't until now. The deal was made with Nokia, not MS with the Icon. Which may be partly why they're doing what they're doing.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to reality. :p

People can do both you know? It's not always convenient to drive, especially in large cities.

I know that ;) but idk why but I completely forgot that you drove or had a car

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

But the Icon update is a Nokia update, Cyan is the official update. So it's not specifically MS, or is it wasn't until now. The deal was made with Nokia, not MS with the Icon. Which may be partly why they're doing what they're doing.
Yeah I know but it doesn't matter who updates it, if the Verzion doesn't let it through you won't get the update. Microsoft screwed up with giving control over updates to carriers and Nokia did with going this stupid exclusive thing that also killed Lumia 930 in Europe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05