WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

They won't go with Symbian again, it's dead with no apps. Meego is in fact predcessor of Sailfish ;)

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
i really doubt nokia will survive the second time around. i honestly dont think it will go far if it cant gain traction in the us

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well that's something new, beta testing of HW. I can only laugh at this. If it's not good enough for worldwide market than it's not good enough for anyone.
Considering Nokia I would be happy to see them partner with Jolla producing Sailfish phones for geeks and Androids for masses. It could work.

not beta testing the HW but how its received. look if doesnt go well in the US then what makes you so sure it will do well outside the US. think about it they failed with the zune and just making money off the surface. they are trying to see if they can compete.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

not beta testing the HW but how its received. look if doesnt go well in the US then what makes you so sure it will do well outside the US. think about it they failed with the zune and just making money off the surface. they are trying to see if they can compete.

It's still beta testing. What else would you call it? That's what Joe called it, 'testing' so why not call it what it is?

Again, I point out confidence or lack thereof. If they're that worried why bother with the product at all?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's still beta testing. What else would you call it? That's what Joe called it, 'testing' so why not call it what it is?

Again, I point out confidence or lack thereof. If they're that worried why bother with the product at all?

its good enough to be sold so i wouldn't call it beta personally.
they either get into the game or get left behind . if they didnt dive into the fitness band then people would complain that why msft took so long to get into the game just like wp .

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Who cares if Nokia does well in the US???
True, if it succeeds in Europe and big part of Asia they are good. Big growth in coming years will be in Asia. And Europe is the most important market for Nokia, if there wasn't Nokia name on phones in Europe WP would never get 10% here.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so much candy x.x but i cant stop eating it ......
so my photoshop professor brought a huge bowl of candy( really big) and he says gets as much as you want .... and knowing myself i like candy i cant stop D: but its sooooooo good :3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

True, if it succeeds in Europe and big part of Asia they are good. Big growth in coming years will be in Asia. And Europe is the most important market for Nokia, if there wasn't Nokia name on phones in Europe WP would never get 10% here.

last time i checked most of the high profile app makers are from the US . sure let them ignore the us
i really dont see them making it, not even Samsung can get tizen off the ground , amazon couldn't do it , msft can barely get 4%. all of a sudden nokia can make it on their own? yeah right. good luck with them in the cut throat market

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

last time i checked most of the high profile app makers are from the US . sure let them ignore the us
i really dont see them making it, not even Samsung can get tizen off the ground , amazon couldn't do it , msft can barely get 4%. all of a sudden nokia can make it on their own? yeah right
They do it on their own now because they were partners with whom during most successful 10-15 years?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

They do it on their own now because they were partners with whom during most successful 10-15 years?

im going to be realistic here nokia is going to have a difficult time. that's reality and if you think they aren't go look at HTC and how they are getting by.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

its good enough to be sold so i wouldn't call it beta personally.
they either get into the game or get left behind . if they didnt dive into the fitness band then people would complain that why msft took so long to get into the game just like wp .
If its good enough to be sold why 'test' it in one market?

Why not make it available everywhere. No one has answered this question yet. All I get is excuses and meaningless babble about MS this and MS that.

Yeah I've lost confidence in them. Maybe I need to take a break from WP and come back when they care about the rest of the world.... If that happens.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

im going to be realistic here nokia is going to have a difficult time. that's reality and if you think they aren't go look at HTC and how they are getting by.
Ok anyway, we will see what happens with Nokia.
Let's get back to the MS Band for a moment. As far as I'm considered I would more happily buy MS Band than any WP at the moment. I find it useful and most importantly, I can buy whatever phone I want later. WP isn't there just yet where I would be going full into it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nokia doesn't have just one business. That's what you're missing. You're also looking from a US perspective, a place that forgot Nokia even existed.

If they do decide to try again they need to do it right and not be like the old Nokia. No one is expecting them to be Samsung or Apple but they could produce good phones that people will buy.

Whether it happens or not is up to them but if they make something good people will buy it. Simply because it's Nokia.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If its good enough to be sold why 'test' it in one market?

Why not make it available everywhere. No one has answered this question yet. All I get is excuses and meaningless babble about MS this and MS that.

Yeah I've lost confidence in them. Maybe I need to take a break from WP and come back when they care about the rest of the world.... If that happens.

I'm guessing and what some people are leaning is that they don't want the whole Zune fiasco again.

I'm asking that myself but there must be a corporate reason for them to not have it world wide maybe its country laws who knows . I'm sure MSFT would of loved to have it to everyone.

you already have MSFT services on android so you won't be missing alot :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ok anyway, we will see what happens with Nokia.
Let's get back to the MS Band for a moment. As far as I'm considered I would more happily buy MS Band than any WP at the moment. I find it useful and most importantly, I can buy whatever phone I want later. WP isn't there just yet where I would be going full into it.

That's a good thing for MSFT to have it cross platform . I wish more companies do that. Unlike apple and Samsung .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nokia doesn't have just one business. That's what you're missing. You're also looking from a US perspective, a place that forgot Nokia even existed.

If they do decide to try again they need to do it right and not be like the old Nokia. No one is expecting them to be Samsung or Apple but they could produce good phones that people will buy.

Whether it happens or not is up to them but if they make something good people will buy it. Simply because it's Nokia.

I'm looking at the phone business not the whole company . Anyways don't you wonder why most if not all phone OEMs target the us market ? It can either help make or break a phone . It's the same reason why MSFT wants to better itself in the us market .

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

8b346cf0089d33f27c120092b23f484b.gif

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking at the phone business not the whole company . Anyways don't you wonder why most if not all phone OEMs target the us market ? It can either help make or break a phone . It's the same reason why MSFT wants to better itself in the us market .

Most businesses look to the US because it's easy to do business there and make lots of money, so the old fable goes. Be successful in the US and you're the best, etc.

Microsoft is a US company and that's always been their home. They've always catered to the US and they were out to make WP the next iPhone. People keep forgetting that. Everyone wants to be Apple and why not? Zombie customers. But to be successful you don't need to be Apple or Microsoft. You can be a phone OEM, sell to people in markets that know you and do well.

When I talk about Nokia selling phones again I'm not thinking in terms of Apple success. That's why I keep saying they would have to be different than what they were. Simple combination of good hardware and Android OS to markets that know them and they could do well. Nokia is well liked in emerging markets and so is Android. Need I say more?

In the US it's not changed in mentality for some time. You have to be the biggest and best to be considered successful. No you don't.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well today is a bit dull and cloudy but seems to be going fairly quickly, which is good.

One of those weeks where you're living for the weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss