WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It is the form factor of the Moto and the battery that I like. Battery has become my biggest issue with smartphones.

I agree. I love the form factor of that phone. It feels a little nicer to me in hand than the Moto X for some reason. I think the Maxx will get limited release because they don't want to cannibalize the current flagship. Especially since that would make the second variant of the chassis...the Nexus 6 as the other.

It would be a good get for you. Maybe you need to put along with your 920 and ask 99 to source you a Maxx once it comes out...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

charging a phone every two days based on my usage is right up my wheelhouse.
And I'm just here recharging my Lumia 820 again. :(

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213489/microsoft-leaves-windows-users-in-the-cold
And an interesting article, most of us probably fell the same. When I bought Lumia I expected constant and big updates what I got are small tweaks with no big update in the near future. I mean I can't even take them seriously if they are concentrating on other platforms. Now they seriously don't have any argument at me why I would buy it. SW is still worse and now also HW lacks compared to competition. I don't see point at staying here. Especially for me who buys phone and than uses it for 2 years, I won't be playing this catch up game again for 2 years.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And I'm just here recharging my Lumia 820 again. :(

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213489/microsoft-leaves-windows-users-in-the-cold
And an interesting article, most of us probably fell the same. When I bought Lumia I expected constant and big updates what I got are small tweaks with no big update in the near future. I mean I can't even take them seriously if they are concentrating on other platforms. Now they seriously don't have any argument at me why I would buy it. SW is still worse and now also HW lacks compared to competition. I don't see point at staying here. Especially for me who buys phone and than uses it for 2 years, I won't be playing this catch up game again for 2 years.

That's the fear many people had when MSFT bought Nokia. The constant support would be gone, lost in MSFT's glacial paced movements.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I'll get about 30hours (including standby times) with the 1520...which is in the same ballpark as the 1+1. It should be higher if they had a s801 or s805 chip in there...but this isn't a brand new 1520 I have so I'm not complaining and taking battery numbers with a grain of salt.

Still, I am concerned about the state of the OS going forward. I think within the next 12 months we will know what to expect once MSFT releases its own hardware and not this final round of Nokia projects.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Had a good look at the Sony Z3 and the compact. I went to a Sony store and was able to his one properly. Very nice. Both are good by it I like the Z3 better. My wife liked the compact. So we may be a Sony family soon.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well looks nice nokia isn't going to return to the smartphone bizz.... but I wonder what other devices they will come out with. :D

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Had a good look at the Sony Z3 and the compact. I went to a Sony store and was able to his one properly. Very nice. Both are good by it I like the Z3 better. My wife liked the compact. So we may be a Sony family soon.

For someone that's not interested in currently buying a phone you seem to be looking around a lot at the moment :wink:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

For someone that's not interested in currently buying a phone you seem to be looking around a lot at the moment :wink:

I did say I was fickle. :p I am still looking.

We were at the shopping mall so decided to take a look.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

what is his point is nothing is a point for him x.x so does that mean his point doesn't have a point :confused:?

No his point was that he wouldn't go to a mall without looking at phones or electronics. Meaning that's the only reason he goes there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon