WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Leaks last month said August from Sony...so maybe by end of summer. Sony has one of the most stable versions of 5.0.2, so right now you aren't missing a ton...

Posted via Xperia Z3

I'm just curious if they're going to release RAW. That's all. Not that I will use it that much just would nice to have the option.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

It is so weird how foreign my 640 XL feels in my hands after using the iPhone 6 for a week as my main device. I miss being able to easily read articles from this app but I can tell that the touch sensitivity is a bit off with this screen.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is so weird how foreign my 640 XL feels in my hands after using the iPhone 6 for a week as my main device. I miss being able to easily read articles from this app but I can tell that the touch sensitivity is a bit off with this screen.

I prefer TapATalk myself. I'm not a fan of the WC app. TapATalk on WP has always been a it dodgy. I don't even know if the WC app is better on WP now or not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm just curious if they're going to release RAW. That's all. Not that I will use it that much just would nice to have the option.

I doubt it. I read something a while back saying that it wasn't such a high demand thing from users yet (Xperiablog, I believe). They werent going to put it in this Z3+ placeholder phone that theyre selling now. My guess is that Sony may throw it in the real Z4 and activate it for the Z2 and up via firmware update.

Honestly, if I were Sony, I'd just update the entire Z series again to 5.1.1, and anything before the Z2 won't get Android M officially. Then cut their offerings down to two tablets and maybe 4-6 annual models...but hey, I'm an armchair CEO so you know how that works.

Truth be told, I own two of the most powerful cameras in phones on the market...if you know what you're doing they're tremendous (Z3, 930). But since they're real cameras, that's the problem.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I prefer TapATalk myself. I'm not a fan of the WC app. TapATalk on WP has always been a it dodgy. I don't even know if the WC app is better on WP now or not.

I only use the WC app mainly for the articles since I prefer using it instead of the website(And it sends push notifications so I am u sually up to date on things) but I agree with the app opinion...it leaves a lot to be desired and using tapatalk(Especially on IOS now and to a lesser extent windows phone) has proven to be a positive experience.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I only use the WC app mainly for the articles since I prefer using it instead of the website(And it sends push notifications so I am u sually up to date on things) but I agree with the app opinion...it leaves a lot to be desired and using tapatalk(Especially on IOS now and to a lesser extent windows phone) has proven to be a positive experience.

Have you tried the WC Apple app? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/windows-central-forums/id556627316?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Just realised it's the forums only... weird.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Trying it out now. It is basically tapatalk. I know tapatalk allows users to create their own apps for their forums for the app stores and I think this is what this is actually.

That being said it is pretty slick and I wished the windows central app for windows phone looked like this.

And yes sadly only the forums.
ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1436788467.641878.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's about the same. Jay does a good job but I disliked the removal of landscape suppprt. That was the #1 feature for me as on that app I'd often write my posts in landscape mode, no matter what phone I had because it was more comfortable for me. In most cases I prefer writing in landscape mode. Plus, picture attachments were such a pain. It wasn't better for me using Taptalk directly on WP either.

I wish I could get the functional feel of the Android version combined with the Windows aesthetic. Interestingly enough, the app on my X and Z3 don't share the same quirk. On the Z3, I've got to take pictures in landscape mode so I can post them clearly via the app and they don't come out upside down. On the X, I just point, shoot and post with no issues.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Such arrogance at Imore when asking a question truly makes me appreciate windows central so much more and miss my darling windows phone.

Thank goodness for macrumors where the community definitely seems a lot more chill and laid back.

No disrespect but Imore is embodying that very stereotype that Apple users are known for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micah, this is why I'd never post over there again.Too many people have their heads stuck so far up Apple's backside for my taste. Heaven help you if your comment is contrary to the streets paved with gold Apple has sold folks.

One of the reasons why I left Apple was that you needed an app to do everything and I was suffering from app fatigue. Plus, hardware wise, they weren't up to snuff. While the hardware now is better, it still isn't up to snuff for me.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, morning folks.

On the train, headed home. Yes, I'm always seemingly in some rush hour commute in the mornings, even when I'm not going to work...SMH.

I've got three versions of Android on my house Z3 on 4.4.4; Z3 Tab on 5.0.2 and the X on 5.1). I must say I like 4.4.4 and 5.1. I was never opposed to lollipop, just don't like some of the design changes... too much white in menus, for instance.

Since Sony has done a nice job with 5.0.2, I'll wait to see how they do 5.1.1 before making that jump on my Z3. I do like the performance of 5.1 on my X, just think it runs better on a bigger battery.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rue, this one is for you. Here's the good part of my commute...(note, I'm the light green bar)

Posted via Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 51030.jpg
    51030.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 6

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

...and here's the bad part about my commute (note, I'm the light purple bar).

A work in progress, still...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 51031.jpg
    51031.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Since I haven't been walking to the station lately (having issues with my left leg at the moment) I'm way behind on the steps thing. As for sleep we're probably on par.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is my steps average for this year so far. My lowest step counts are typically on Sundays.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 51032.jpg
    51032.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 6

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning troops... I've downloaded and installed the iOS 9 public beta on my iPad Air 2. "Split Screen" is pretty cool!

Right now, I'm playing with the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, accessing my Windows 10 insider preview build on my desktop PC, while watching a PIP (picture in picture) video of the MS conference in Orlando all right here on my iPad. ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Micah, this is why I'd never post over there again.Too many people have their heads stuck so far up Apple's backside for my taste. Heaven help you if your comment is contrary to the streets paved with gold Apple has sold folks.

One of the reasons why I left Apple was that you needed an app to do everything and I was suffering from app fatigue. Plus, hardware wise, they weren't up to snuff. While the hardware now is better, it still isn't up to snuff for me.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I am liking macrumors a lot though. Good community of people there so far, just not as active as I would like. Imore seems nice in a lot of areas and some are nice and all but a lot of egos that definitely remind me of what people say about Apple users. Plus I am a bit used to the articles here and the feeling behind them and maybe because i only have the iPhone but I am bored with the blog part.

Since I am stuck with T-Mobile at least for the month, I think I may be getting rid of the iPhone and I'll move to a lumia 640 temporarily while I wait for upcoming flagships.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am liking macrumors a lot though. Good community of people there so far, just not as active as I would like. Imore seems nice in a lot of areas and some are nice and all but a lot of egos that definitely remind me of what people say about Apple users. Plus I am a bit used to the articles here and the feeling behind them and maybe because i only have the iPhone but I am bored with the blog part.

Since I am stuck with T-Mobile at least for the month, I think I may be getting rid of the iPhone and I'll move to a lumia 640 temporarily while I wait for upcoming flagships.

Now is the best time to get rid off the iPhone. The prices will start coming down very soon in anticipation of the new iPhone in September.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Now is the best time to get rid off the iPhone. The prices will start coming down very soon in anticipation of the new iPhone in September.

Ha very true lol but I do sort of like it. It does feel a lot better than windows phone in some areas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon