WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We'll see. May be just mere speed bumps.

What struck me is how lukewarm the reception for the Note 5 is. I cannot help but shake the feeling that if Samsung doesn't streamline things soon, starting next year the Chinese OEMs will really being to bite them in the ***.

There really is no money in Android.
Well not selling Note 5 in Europe won't help them...

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can hold it 4 you
Accepting any free devices :D

Nah, 99 has got first dibs on it if I were doing that.

It'll be in my house, I'll check in on it occasionally. Otherwise, I'm retiring it because I just have this weird feeling about the platform that we'll see the same old $%#& when the Lumias get launched. And if MSFT launches a Surface phone too, they're in trouble.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well not selling Note 5 in Europe won't help them...

I don't think that doesn't matter as much. From a resources allocation perspective, they made the right call. From a marketing and consumer relations perspective, they had an Apple like moment in that they were telling people what to do with their cash and devices.

I think they've just stripped away the uniqueness of the Note line. We'll see how this plays out, but it would appear that Samsung may have to do another full reset within the next two years to stave off the rise of the Chinese OEMs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still confused why they couldn't have tablet mode like 8.1. Must be a reason behind it. I hope...

Ignorance, there is a cure.

There was. My guess is if they did that, it'll look too much like 8.1 and get a lot of flak about nothing really changing.

Not sure what the clear strategy is these days.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You getting the 950 or 950XL when it comes out?

Probably not. They may be overpriced and I'm not so sure that they'll be better than what's out on the overall market. Sure, they may sell well enough among fans, but I still cannot help the fact of this being the same old $%&#.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Probably not. They may be overpriced and I'm not so sure that they'll be better than what's out on the overall market. Sure, they may sell well enough among fans, but I still cannot help the fact of this being the same old $%&#.

Cool, Cool. Quick question, what do you mean by " the fact of this being the same old $%&#."? What can they do, In your opinion, to improve their situation in the mobile market?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool, Cool. Quick question, what do you mean by " the fact of this being the same old $%&#."? What can they do, In your opinion, to improve their situation in the mobile market?

With each major OS launch since Windows Mobile 6.5, we've gotten the whole things will be better type spiel. Having used W10 TP, it's not revolutionary enough to make me drop Android and come back full time. Could I use it as a daily driver? Yes. Not on my 930 because of the hardware limitations...i.e. small battery, processor. I'd still need, for my needs anyways, my Z3 Tablet Compact to compliment any Windows as daily driver. If I were a new smartphone user, I'd consider it.

Personally, the only people who won from the sale and death of Nokia were the shareholders and board. Nokia did too good of a job by flooding the market with all these Lumias. Personally, I'd keep the portfolio smaller now going forward as there a ton of these old Nokia's that need maintenance.

I don't know if they can do better, honestly.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's three things in my mind that can help MS.

1) Have their flagship phones on all carriers and available unlocked - no exclusives
2) Get the damn OEM apps from developers. 3rd party are nice but that should be the option, not the solution
3) Price aggressively

Fail at any of those and W10 mobile will be in the same place it is this time next year.

Though having good hardware is important the bottom line their software needs to be dead on. That includes having the apps. Fancy gimicks like Continuum won't sell phones to the average Joe and Jane. They need even parity.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There's three things in my mind that can help MS.

1) Have their flagship phones on all carriers and available unlocked - no exclusives
2) Get the damn OEM apps from developers. 3rd party are nice but that should be the option, not the solution
3) Price aggressively

Fail at any of those and W10 mobile will be in the same place it is this time next year.

Though having good hardware is important the bottom line their software needs to be dead on. That includes having the apps. Fancy gimicks like Continuum won't sell phones to the average Joe and Jane. They need even parity.

I like the first one immensely. I wonder if people realize that the closest they got to doing that was the HTC 8X?

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like the first one immensely. I wonder if people realize that the closest they got to doing that was the HTC 8X?

Posted via Xperia Z3

I didn't know that personally but I sort of recall that it was pretty much everywhere.

The whole exclusive nonsense will kill W10 Mobile if that happens again. I think that's partially why MS is being more aggressive with their own stores but they still got to convince the carriers.

Have I mentioned I hate carriers? All of them. Providers of services that do nothing but prevent you from having a good service...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was a bit surprised this morning when my mobile signal was pretty strong on the train but then we eventually hit a dead spot. I do hope one day they fix that. Sad I can have a better signal in the fjords of Norway than I do on my way to work...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't know that personally but I sort of recall that it was pretty much everywhere.

The whole exclusive nonsense will kill W10 Mobile if that happens again. I think that's partially why MS is being more aggressive with their own stores but they still got to convince the carriers.

Have I mentioned I hate carriers? All of them. Providers of services that do nothing but prevent you from having a good service...

I don't like carriers either, either they're spreading diseases or overpriced services.

Posted via Xperia Z3

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Carrier in my place offers services for all platforms. They even has special data plan for Lumias.
They provide apps and payment method can't expect more

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Carrier in my place offers services for all platforms. They even has special data plan for Lumias.
They provide apps and payment method can't expect more

Certain countries are better than others, there's no doubt. Most carriers in North America and the UK are crap.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Certain countries are better than others, there's no doubt. Most carriers in North America and the UK are crap.

I think this happens due to their business processes. Unlike in most places carrier on US and UK offers devices. While others carrier in most places solely focus in their services.

For example my carrier ID Telkomsel which the biggest carrier around. They offer the first LTE network, widest broadband area and highest number of customer.

Last time I visit their store (more correct call it customer service) did sold smartphone bundle with their card but those phone prices isn't different than retail prices. The only difference is that you'll get special data plan if you purchase there and if you ever want to switch just swap your SIM card and it's done.

Market share here on WP isn't high but better than US Microsoft strategy release a low end product did succeeded but they offer such services since WP 7

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think this happens due to their business processes. Unlike in most places carrier on US and UK offers devices. While others carrier in most places solely focus in their services.

For example my carrier ID Telkomsel which the biggest carrier around. They offer the first LTE network, widest broadband area and highest number of customer.

Last time I visit their store (more correct call it customer service) did sold smartphone bundle with their card but those phone prices isn't different than retail prices. The only difference is that you'll get special data plan if you purchase there and if you ever want to switch just swap your SIM card and it's done.

Market share here on WP isn't high but better than US Microsoft strategy release a low end product did succeeded but they offer such services since WP 7

Most EU carriers (I won't say all) offer phones with a contract. Or you can go PAYG or unlocked.

The difference in some places however is that some countries believe in a good infrastructure so the provider needs to fight for customers in a different way. An example of this is Finland. Where pretty much every carrier has the same level of coverage.

Here in the UK the carriers pretty much cover the same areas and there's only one that covers the majority of the country but charges the most. We have black spots because the infrastructure is carrier based rather than government mandated. So lots of areas suffer due to poor connection and there's a lack of competition in those areas so prices are high or your stuck with one carrier. The other carriers can't be bothered because they 'make enough' in the areas they're already in.

Pretty sad when you think of it considering the size of the UK.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys how much do you pay for your mobile plan per month and what do you have in it?
I would be paying 20? but I received voucher that lowered the price of the plan for 2? and I signed contract but instead of buying a phone I get 2? off every month so I'm paying 16? for : unlimited calls, unlimited SMS/MMS, 4 GB of Internet with speeds 150 Mbps down and 50 up. You can use all 4 GB in Slovenia or 3 GB in Slovenia and 1 GB abroad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb