WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I was going to comment but I got really busy. Also I wasn't aware of the term NLO.... We usually use UFO for Unidentified Flying Object.

I don't believe we've ever been visited by aliens and I highly doubt we ever will. The universe is a big place and we're pretty much a backwater.

Do I think there is other life in the universe? Yes of course. Do I think there is other 'intelligent' life on other planets? Highly probable. Do I think they look like humans? Not sure. Do I think there's technological societies out there who have managed to manipulate physics so they can travel vast distances quickly. That's something I can't answer but I think it's unlikely.

If aliens were ever to visit, it would be a moving colony living in space more than them just being curious and capturing 'red necks' in small towns and doing experiments on them. They would likely be looking for resources. Going by what we're doing to this planet they'd probably bypass it.

That's my two cents on the whole UFO thing and our weird obsession with them.
I agree with most of it except the backwater part. I need to dig up the article I read which was explaining where we are (in the grand scheme of things) and why we have life on earth and made it sound like the solar system is a relatively older planet system in age compared to the planets that are being discovered now. Doesn't mean we are the only older planet system...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So am i, but it won't make it way to Bosnian cinemas for some time. Maybe sometimes after 20. December, i'm not sure. I have to check, i've never been so hyped about any movie so far.
The reason is that Disney which now owns Lucasfilm has hyped it like no movie before.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know I saw V and VI in the theatre. I don't recall seeing IV in there. I would have been 6 at the time of release of IV.

It's hard to remember that far back sometimes.
I have watched all of the six episodes in the theater. More than once

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree with most of it except the backwater part. I need to dig up the article I read which was explaining where we are (in the grand scheme of things) and why we have life on earth and made it sound like the solar system is a relatively older planet system in age compared to the planets that are being discovered now. Doesn't mean we are the only older planet system...

They found planets as old as 11 billion. Forbes Welcome

That's pretty close to the beginning of the universe and if we take that as the extreme that makes the Earth fairly young.

Our position in the Milky Way is about mid point on a minor spur close to the tip of it (from a galactic point of view). That makes us generally a backwater in terms of interest. It's like visiting a major city with attractions and deciding to check out the residential burbs instead.

It's good of us to think like this as it takes our over self importance we've given ourselves and makes us more humble. Are we something special? Of course we are. Humans may be completely and utterly unique in the universe. But from a cosmological point of view we're currently but a blink in time.

We're doing everything in our power to destroy our one and only planet and the human race. The planet and life will continue of course.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Man i'm bored, i've been staring in my phone for the last 10 minutes without doing anything on it.
But don't get me wrong, i still don't want to study.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes