WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So Sony decided to bring the Z5 family to the US...

..but before you celebrate, it would appear that they plan to strip out the fingerprint scanner.

W.T.F?

And you wonder WHY i prefer to just buy unlocked, international models. If i wanted a Z5 without the fingerprint scanner, I'd buy a Z3+ or kept the Z3. It is a ginormous ****-up if this is what they choose to do.

SMH.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
Possible patten dispute? They didn't want to dish out the cash in the US to whoever owned it.

I won't disagree it's dumb but that's the only thing that makes sense as their excuse indicated a 'business decision'.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really don't think Sony mobile phones ever were very popular in the US. Although Lenovo owns Moto, the Moto brand has a long history in mobile phones in the US. Sony is more popular in Europe, since Sony acquired Ericsson, (a huge player in Europe, but not in the US).

Americans are familiar with Sony, but not for mobile phones.

Sony when they went solo produced some underpowered, unappealing **** in the early days. Then had poor update policy. They really didn't pull their head out their *** as much until the Z line. The PSP phone was a good idea but horribly underpowered.

When you've been restructuring for 10(!) years, when will you have the time to be forward thinking? It's a miracle they are where they are under those self imposed conditions...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Possible patten dispute? They didn't want to dish out the cash in the US to whoever owned it.

I won't disagree it's dumb but that's the only thing that makes sense as their excuse indicated a 'business decision'.

So they thought it was worth it to redesign the Z5 to avoid the patents? And yet still lack Qi and VZW + Sprint support?

Sounds like a company still interested in talking about trying to make money, instead of making money. HTC and Sony are still, sitting ducks for the Chinese.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Off to work today. At least it isn't the medical director and the GF's supervisor in clinic today, so work should be more tolerable...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So Sony decided to bring the Z5 family to the US...

..but before you celebrate, it would appear that they plan to strip out the fingerprint scanner.

W.T.F?

And you wonder WHY i prefer to just buy unlocked, international models. If i wanted a Z5 without the fingerprint scanner, I'd buy a Z3+ or kept the Z3. It is a ginormous ****-up if this is what they choose to do.

SMH.

US version does't have fingerprint scanner? Even the ones we've got in this s****** of South eastern Europe have fingerprint scanners. And i have to say, pretty much the only thing i like about the Z5 is the design and the way it's fingerprint scanner is implemented.
Without that, i don't know, it just seems like a boring phone to me.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I really don't think Sony mobile phones ever were very popular in the US. Although Lenovo owns Moto, the Moto brand has a long history in mobile phones in the US. Sony is more popular in Europe, since Sony acquired Ericsson, (a huge player in Europe, but not in the US).

Americans are familiar with Sony, but not for mobile phones.

I remember Sony's K series (back in a days it was Sony Ericsson). Some of them were great, and some, well, not so great. I know that either K950 or something like that had T9 keyboard and one touch screen button that worked every third time you'd try to press it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Off to work today. At least it isn't the medical director and the GF's supervisor in clinic today, so work should be more tolerable...

As long as the GF is in at work you should be just fine!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning everyone . Went to a game / kick back night . Pretty fun if you ask me.most of the time I was with my 2 friends amber and summer. I gotta say it was fun 😁

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning everyone . Went to a game / kick back night . Pretty fun if you ask me.most of the time I was with my 2 friends amber and summer. I gotta say it was fun 😁
Without pictures it might as well be with Arturo and Sal instead of Amber and Summer😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon