WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I kind of find it hard not to buy brand name stuff. For example I have always chosen Samsung for tvs, Intel for CPU, ASUS for mobos/ graphics card , and ACER for monitors. Maybe for the people who buy brand name it have always worked for them. My parents told me In Mexico everyone perfects Sony.

Selling apple products makes me question the sanity and intelligence of the various people who walk into the store. It's just ridiculous especially during iPhone launches and it takes everything in me not to just scoff in their face.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Selling apple products makes me question the sanity and intelligence of the various people who walk into the store. It's just ridiculous especially during iPhone launches and it takes everything in me not to just scoff in their face.
I have one friend who is a musician and another who is a graphic designer. Macs are more suitable for both of them than PCs.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I have one friend who is a musician and another who is a graphic designer. Macs are more suitable for both of them than PCs.

I don't mind Macs. They actually look nice and if it had the full touch support and design like a surface (which apple likely will copy soon) I wouldn't mind using one. I'm less fanatical about windows 10 desktop as I am for mobile.

That being said iphones are a different thing. I was in a restaurant near the store and a customer I had helped repair their iPhone was talking to someone else about how they had to rearrange some funds so they can buy a 6s because they had to have the best. I find people like that stupid especially since my Lumia 640 xl is quite comparable to a 6s.

Thank god it pays well because I would love to tell my customers you're an ***** when they come in lol.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The os is boring though far better than android lol. I can understand to an extent it's popularity but I find it tragic that android is the popular one.

Thank goodness the world still is more iPhone first, android second as I'd hate to see a tech world where google android is an influential figure over apple.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The os is boring though far better than android lol. I can understand to an extent it's popularity but I find it tragic that android is the popular one.

Thank goodness the world still is more iPhone first, android second as I'd hate to see a tech world where google android is an influential figure over apple.
If your world is USA then you are correct, otherwise worldwide Android is crushing iOS...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

If your world is USA then you are correct, otherwise worldwide Android is crushing iOS...

That's only partially true. It's one of the 'facts' that Pro-Android users always try to make to me and I love to dispel.
Yes technically Android is crushing IOS.

However, that's speaking collectively of ALL Android devices.
However when you compare iPhone to the leading flagships, no other flagship aside from possibly a galaxy (And I am not sure if the Galaxy has outsold iPhone or not) can compare.

So sure, if you add every single android phone ever made...it crushes IOS.
When you looked at iPhone competitors, the iPhone is still the de facto smartphone standard and it is usually the device people compare others too. Notice, Apple's 'magic' aka marketing makes their product seem far better than it truly is and the masses and media buy into it.

No other mobile phone, even a galaxy, has quite that persuasion. So as I said the iPhone/IOS is still the leading device.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's only partially true. It's one of the 'facts' that Pro-Android users always try to make to me and I love to dispel.
Yes technically Android is crushing IOS.

However, that's speaking collectively of ALL Android devices.
However when you compare iPhone to the leading flagships, no other flagship aside from possibly a galaxy (And I am not sure if the Galaxy has outsold iPhone or not) can compare.

So sure, if you add every single android phone ever made...it crushes IOS.
When you looked at iPhone competitors, the iPhone is still the de facto smartphone standard and it is usually the device people compare others too. Notice, Apple's 'magic' aka marketing makes their product seem far better than it truly is and the masses and media buy into it.

No other mobile phone, even a galaxy, has quite that persuasion. So as I said the iPhone/IOS is still the leading device.
Android is an OS, iPhone is a device. Only you would draw conclusions by comparing the two, like apples and oranges. Since Corey Lewandowski is in legal trouble do you want to spin some statistics for Donald?

My head just hurts and lumping my comment as a pro Android user doesn't help. Tomorrow I need to fire up my laptop and figure out this Ignore button.

You really are rubbing people off the wrong way on this thread....

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Lmao! Wow... I was going to say something, but I'll keep it to myself. I know better, and so do all the regulars here.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh my goodness. I stopped questioning people for their choices of a smartphone and I simply shared my disgust with the various customers I deal with (I am also not the only one who ranted about their job and/or co-workers btw) and suddenly that is an issue.

you're basically telling me I can say and speak on approved topics and that anything else I can not say for fear of rubbing people the wrong way. You literally responded to something I said and I responded back, not in a rude way...just making my point.

I also wasn't lumping you with anyone. I was just saying this is a debate I have had many times before, where I have to point out that collectively you can say Android is beating IOS as a whole but no one Android device is beating an iPhone.
The issue is that since your job involves dealing with irate (or your other favorite adjective) customers and smartphones, you don't realize when you jump over the fence and start lumping us and our comments with theirs....our jobs and hobbies are different...

Having said that I enjoy statistics and actually teach them to practicing engineers and you comparing apples to oranges is not something I can get comprehend. Your logic in the first post was flawed.

And yes, I'm still going to get that Ignore button sorted out tomorrow morning.

Good night.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have been thinking about doing a giveaway for my Alcatel OneTouch fierce XL.
to be fair, I could try and sell it(at a cheaper price and make some cash for it) but I doubt I may get any bites for it lol.

It may be a good way to get someone onto the platform....
Try the Marketplace or Swappa....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon